“Superior facility and service”
Review of Park Hyatt Seoul

Park Hyatt Seoul
Ranked #34 of 475 Hotels in Seoul
New York City, New York
“Superior facility and service”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I haven't been to many places but this hotel stood out as a top hotel in terms of modern design and service. Paid around 300-350/ night. I live at nyc and it would cost at least 3times as much for a similar facility. Intercontinental across the street is outdated compared to park hyatt. I also stayed at the chosun hotel recently and i shouldn't bash them b/c i got married there and they provided the honey moon suite but park hyatt had much better room. Not the wedding hall, just the room :)

Talk about luxury! The pics posted at this site serve no justice! I played like a little kid for 30mins touching various buttons lol. Had friends in seoul visit the room and they were also very impressed. Loved all the amenities at the hotel. The gym and spa is small but nice to get a workout done and shower. Massage is available (i paid around $250) and provided me a wonderful relaxation after a 14hr flight. The staff is very professional and courteous. They will cater to all of your needs. If you need a recommendation to a restaurant, they will let you choose from different delicaices and call that location that you are coming.

I checked out the brunch buffet and the lounge in the basement. Brunch buffet ran about $70 per person. Pretty costly but all the top hotel charge around the same rate. It was good but i had better at the shilla and chosun (best imo) hotels. The lounge downstairs (forgot the name) served excellent drinks and dishes. Again, they are pretty pricey but what's not inside a hotel? Lastly, i had a dinner at the top fl, which provided an excellent view to a nice meal.

I guess the only negative thing could be location to some ppl. The hotel is located near coex region. As a korean-american, the location served excellent traveling around gangnam to meet friends. If you are tourist, however, grand hyatt location may serve better since there are more tourist attractions around there. Navigating back and forth b/w across the han river gets difficult per HEAVY traffic. Seoul is a huge city. Maybe about 10 times the size of manhattan with more traffic so choose carefully where to stay. Cab fare is much cheaper than the states (never paid more than around $20 from these two locations) but it would take a good 1hr to commute b/w one end of gangnam to the other end when traffic backs up.

Overall, i highly recommend this over any other hotels in seoul.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The service, the room, everything was top notch. I'm finding myself not wanting leave the various Hyatt properties I've stayed at. I asked for a local Korean restaurant recommendation within walking distance. Instead of pointing on my way, a staff member escorted me! The environment was great to work and I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed June 17, 2013

So many good things to say about this hotel! The room was beautifully austere and comfortable. The bathroom (shower and tub in particular) was a work of art. There were switch-controlled blinds across all windows to let in as much light and view as you'd like. The entire room (including the bathroom) looked out over a major intersection which was actually very pretty at night. And even though were were on a fairly low floor, we heard no traffic noise. The fitness room was great - good equipment and, at least during the time we were there, plenty of open space. Outside, the hotel was next to a stop on the green line (Samseong, exits 1 or 2) which made it handy for getting around. There was a lot of shopping and a number of good restaurants in the area. On the other hand, the hotel had the strangest elevator set-up I've ever seen. You had to go up to the 24th floor, change elevators and go down to the 9th floor (or to the 2nd floor for the restaurant). It was cumberson and confusing. And forgive me, but 41000 South Korean won (about $37) for breakfast was simply highway robbery. The buffet was nice, but I could never consume enough to make it worthwhile. But overall, it was a wonderful stay. As a comparison, we've also stayed at the Shila, which is a bit ouf of the way, and the Lotte, which is quite nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Park Hyatt is one you'd expect when you pay a high price for a five star hotel. All the amenities are great. Location is also superb because it is accessible to all tourist attractions and shopping centers.This for sure is not for the budget traveler.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Its always a joy to know that I'm coming back to Park Hyatt Seoul. I've asked for a quiet room and the front desk not only acknowledged the request; they informed me that as I've been upgraded to a suite, it faces the road and they will be happy to change theroom if I find it too noisy.

He was extremely proactive and even suggested that I leave my luggage behind in the hotelfor the airport limo to pick it up on its wayto picking me from office. This is so that I don't have to lug my luggage to office. He even asked me for my evening plans and suggested to arrange a taxi to wait for me. All these time, one can feel his sincerity and there's really nothing I can fault him on.

So honestly, I can't find a reason not to come back time and again. GOOD JOB PARK Hyatt SEOUL!

• Stayed June 2013
Los Angeles
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed here for a week on business -- perfect location for my trip. I don't think I would stay anywhere else in Seoul unless the reason for my visit required me to be in another part of the city. Seoul can be a tiring place to get around. The service at the hotel was impeccable. The hotel isn't sparkling new like it was 3 or 4 years ago. But my room was gorgeous, and perfectly clean every day of my stay. The blackout curtains are a nice touch for travelers recovering from jet lag. I met people for drinks at the bar/lobby and that was great. Breakfast in the restaurant was also absolutely delicious, thank you. There is a subway stop right outside the front door of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I dont know what happened but atmosphere at Park Hyatt is lighter
Like if you have new clothes
Rooms are impeccable
I went to the restaurant downstairs
And got addicted to the Bingsu ( berries and chocolate served on a thick bed of ice )
Great diner ribeye and good wine

• Stayed May 2013