“Impressive”

Ranked #35 of 472 Hotels in Seoul
London, United Kingdom
“Impressive”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Park Hyatt in December, all the staff were lovely and very helpful, the facilities were very impressive especially the bathroom (although you need to run the bath and then get in it) and pool. Before booking we read this hotel to have been voted the best bathing in Asia and we weren't disappointed. The breakfast buffet was extensive and well prepared/presented. The restaurant at the top of hotel was also worth a visit for the food as much as the views although this was a little pricey. The hotel is ideally situated for transport links in and around Seoul which was very welcomed in minus 15 degree temperatures!!! In my opinion this hotel was better value for money than some of the more expensive restaurants in Seoul and should we ever return to Seoul we would certainly consider staying here again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank E14PUG

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Park hyatt Seoul is a really wonderful hotel. It is modern, spacious, and bright. The service is also incredibly warm and dedicated . I especially like the breakfast buffet, which is very delicious. They also have a nice spa and swimming facility. There is a huge under ground shopping mall, with super market and restaurants, next to the subway station, right in front the door.
However, it is really far away from all the tourist area. I think for the first time visitor, the location is not really that convenient .

Room Tip: The higher floor , the better view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Our master plan was to spend our first few nights at Westin Chosun which was just a stone's throw from the Myeong-dong shopping streets before moving to Park Hyatt Gangnam close to the trendy Sinsadong. And it turned out perfectly!

After doing all our damage at Myeong-dong, we moved onto Park Hyatt midway through our trip (by taxi) and were immediately greeted by a team at the ground floor conceige counter with open arms. Check-in was quick and within a matter of minutes, we got our room keys and were very excited to check our rooms out.

The room was absolutely huge and the design was even better than advertised. They have got all the modern and contemporary designs one would hope in their dream house. The bathroom was another stunning piece of modern art. A big bath-tub in the shower area overlooking the city through a giant glass window.

Good news for all you light sleepers out there. The sound proof was really working well. Despite the fact that our room was fairly close to the escalator, we couldn't hear a thing.

The location is also amazing. The "Samseong" Metro Station is just underneath us and the Hyundai Department, Intercontinental Grand Hotel, Coex Exhibition Hall etc. are all just across the street. The sinsadong also just a few stations away.

Apart from breakfast not being included, everything exceeded expectation. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hedonist420
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My friend got us a room here and it was AMAZING! The quality of service was absolutely incredible. The elevators were a little confusing, and unfortunately you had to pay for internet service. The food in the lobby area was delicious and was extremely grateful to my friend for the experience. The night views of Gangnam were breathtaking. The room amenities were top-notch.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
viking2222
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Super nice rooms definitively on the modern and non-traditional side. Wood everywhere. Stunning bathroom with a "carved out of raw stone" feeling but again focus on design rather then practicality for the bathrooms. Had problems figuring out the controls for curtains etc which where all electric. Ended up without a view. I don't normally like it when someone follows me into the room to explain how to use simple stuff but here it would have been needed. Impeccable service elsewhere. Maybe a little understaffed in the checkout and overstaffed in the bar. Main problem? The elevator setup (to rooms or exit only by going through the top floor lobby), was really cumbersome. Add to this sky-high price... I love the Jinmao Hyatt in Shanghai but this one just didn't fully hit the spot for me.

• Stayed April 2013
New York
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Park Hyatt Seoul in early January 2012. This was my second stay after my earlier stay at a suite 6 years ago.

The hotel shows some age now... The arms of the chairs and edge of the round table showing some wear. However, the Park Hyatt is still the best in Gangnam and one of the best in Seoul without a doubt.

Positives: Location (right across drom COEX, World Trade Center, and Hyundai Department Store), minimalist-design rooms with probably one of the nicest bathrooms and floor-to-ceiling windows with electrically-controlled dual shades. The health club is small but top notch with a tiny sauna area. You can soak in a tub or run on the treadmill while looking down on Samsung-dong. The restaurant and the bars are actually quite good.

But not everything was smooth. There was a mishap during my stay. The bell boy who picked up my luggage at check-in misplaced my bags in a different room, and since I went out right after check-in and returned late at night, the same bell boy had already gone home and the hotel couldn't find my suitcases. It took them almost 3 hours at night to locate my bags and bring them during which time I couldn't even go to sleep, since I didn't have my toiletries, PJ's etc. However, the hotel moved us to a larger, deluxe room and provided complimentary breakfast for my family, which I thought was an adequate solution. I probably could've complained more and get something more, but I appreciated that they tried to placate me proactively.

If you plan on driving, the driveway is also a bit annoying... Too small for any decently-sized car to go in and out without putting shift into reverse.

A pet peeve: the lobby is on the top floor, so it's a hassle to take the elevator twice to get to your room.

Having said all that, I still liked the hotel, as it is modern and luxurious, food at the restaurant is decent, and there is a dearth of nice hotels in Seoul, especially Gangnam.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Al C
Golden Colorado
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The Park Hyatt is a sleek beautiful very modern hotel with every lupsace amenity you can think of. However, the most remarkanle thing about this hoitel is their caring, loving staff. During our stay my huisband necame seriously ill. The staff at the Park Hyatt called their house doctor who called us immediately and after hering my husband's symptoms, made an appointmnet for him at the Samsung Medical Center (the most amazing hospital ever). The Park Hyatt offered all their services to us inclouding the hotel car to take us to the mospital and a concierge,Helen to stay with us for 4 hours while my husband was examined and then admitted to the hospital. Talk about service!! These people are the very best! Don't stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful but opt for a larger room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple