“Great hotel, great service, no complains”
Review of Park Hyatt Seoul

Park Hyatt Seoul
Ranked #42 of 472 Hotels in Seoul
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Great hotel, great service, no complains”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This hotel may be expensive, but in my opinion, you pay for what you get. The pampering begins from the moment I made my online booking with the e-concierge through which I arranged for early check-in.

Getting to the hotel from the airport is easy - take the non-stop Airport Limo bus to CALT, go to the info counter and inform them that you wish to go to Park Hyatt, and you would be graciously ushered into a waiting taxi and be whisked off to the hotel. The drive is only like 1 minute away, seriously, if I had known, I would have walked. Oh, and did I mention the hotel picks up the taxi tab?

Having arrived on a red-eye flight, I was delighted to find that my request for early check-in had certainly been noted. I was expected and the room was ready. Unlike most other hotels whereby what you see in the promotional photos are not what you get in reality, the Park Hyatt room was exactly as seen in the website gallery - discreetly luxurious.

The breakfast buffet was a treat, the food and service flawless. The service level in the hotel is amazing (how on earth do they remember all the guests' name?) although I did find the staff's attempts to make light conversation a bit disconcerting (not their fault, mine - I generally don't do well with small talk).

The elevator system was a bit of a quirk, but I don't think of it as that big an inconvenience.

Room Tip: inform the hotel of your flight details ahead of time, especially if you need early check-in.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank chequered_8787

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London UK
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Returned here after stark comparison with another local Hyatt and what a treat. A very warm welcome by staff who seem to really care. Everything in my room worked - great convenient layout and thoughtful for the guest. The food is good, but what really shows is the attitude toward excellence and service. I have no idea what you would save by going somewhere else but whatever it is, is not worth it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 11, 2013

after my 12 hour trip to south Korea from nz, what a surprise when i was taken to my hotel, beautiful from outside and inside the same, The staff where extremely helpful, the food top notch, breakfast, lunch and dinner.had a great night sleep, will definitely go back to seoul and stay at this hotel!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed at Park Hyatt for a weeked getaway with my Korean boyfriend. This place is superb, and we were pampered with luxurious facilities and services. We had an amazing time. It was like a honeymoon for us.

However, the prices match the very best hotels in the world. For those who do not mind to spend their savings for a very special stay, this is the hotel. I would not recommend this to everyone, but those with the means.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Stillwater, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Yes, this is in Gangnam, but that's not why I booked it, or why I will recommend it. I stayed here because it was near the Coex convention center for a conference in July. In addition to the conference facility, there's a giant Coex mall which has plenty of shopping and dining choices. Most are cheaper than Cornerstone, the Hyatt restaurant. Cornerstone is outstanding; I know a Korean couple who has Christmas dinner there because it's one of the best. Nevertheless, if you just want a pastry or bibimbap, head through the subway station to the mall. The subway lets you transit Seoul efficiently, as well.

The rooms are fabulous, from the quality of sheets, to the light wood furnishings, to the dark blackout curtains, to the nice floors. The Park Hyatt has pushed me towards wood floors over carpet. It just looks classier. I've stayed in a few Park Hyatts, including some others considered near the top of the chain and world-class: Paris, Milan, Zurich, Washington. I liked the room layout best in Seoul.

There are some minor flaws here. The bathroom is open, though there are curtains. Most frustratingly, there's only one elevator from the ground floor directly to guest rooms, meaning sometimes the quickest trip is via the top floor. There are a lot of light switches in the room, and you have to read the labels. The lap pool is wonderful, but it's right next to the bar (so don't be shy) and the rules disallow visible tattoos. Therefore, while I like the rooms best in Seoul, I like PH Zurich better overall. Don't let the minor flaws distract you, though. I would really like to return here and explore more of the city as a tourist.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed here during a family trip and was really excited because it was my first time to visit Korea. The hotel was located in the middle of Gangnam so I thought it would be difficult to find the hotel. However, it was REALLY easy to find it because everyone knows a location of the hotel. When I arrived hotel, a staff asked me whether I came here for the check-in and kindly pressed the button of the 23rd floor. It was not the floor for the lobby, so I had to pass a business center and asked a location of the lobby to the staff at spa. I understand the staff we met on the first floor tried his best to give a service but he made us more difficult to find the lobby. When we were checking in, the front desk agent kindly explained about a room rate and breakfast and asked for joining of the membership. However, he explained everything but the guarantee which is 1.5 times of the room rate. The staff just used my credit card without any word and it really made me frustrated. I did not say anything because I just wanted to make good memories while staying in Korea. The front desk agent escorted me to the room and explained everything whatever I was curious about. I asked for a charger for my iphone, but there was no charger when I got back to my room after an hour. I called the front desk four times to re-ask for a charger, and a staff brought the charger with no apology. The service was just TERRIBLE. I did not know where I could buy a hygienic so called the front desk to ask whether they have a feminine products. However, nobody answered for a long time and a front desk staff answer the phone with a monotonous but unfriendly tone. Of course, there was no apology for not answering the phone for a long time. I asked for a product and the MALE staff brought me not one but a lot of products after 40 mins. There was no word about a payment so I thought those were all free. I was really thankful and really appreciated for their service. When checking out, however, I had to pay for the products. I complained about this, but they said they bought the products from the outside for me. They should have asked me whether I wanted to purchase the feminie products before buying. Of course, there was no explanation or information for a cancellation of the guarantee. I really loved the room but the service was really really terrible. I do not want to stay at this hotel again and would not recommend Park Hyatt in Seoul to my friends and people whom I know.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank shinemoon22
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My brother and his friend came to Korea to visit me, so I made a reservation at the Park Hyatt which had the best rate in tripadvisor. When we arrived hotel, we could not find a front desk and there was even no staff on the ground floor. I called the hotel and found out the lobby was on the 24th floor. After checking-in, we tried to find a room but room numbers were hardly found and seen. Moreover, there was no housephone in the hallway and it means we or guests have to go to the lobby to ask somethin when they cannot go into the room. The walls of the room were made with glasses so there was a possibility that people from other buildings or those on the lobby could see inside of our room. The bathroom's wall was also made with glasses, so my brother said he does not want to take a shower in this opened place. Though he could cover the glass with a curtain, he felt uncomfortable about the design. A shape of the bath was a rectangular so was looked so uncomfortable.
The rate of the hotel was really expensive and I guess the rate includes a nightview which you can see in the room. The location was really good but the nightview and the location were the only two things I liked.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family