WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Park Hyatt Seoul

Park Hyatt Seoul
Ranked #29 of 451 Hotels in Seoul
NYC
“Perfect hotel for foreigners and business travelers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

This trip was my 3rd trip to Seoul and my first time staying at Park Hyatt. I find the staff at Park Hyatt to be the most friendly and fluent in English. They are willing to go above and beyond to make sure your stay is a pleasant one. And the room was the best! The high ceiling lends even more spacious feeling - a big feat for a city crowded with people and constant traffic. Once you step into the room, it really feels like an oasis with tranquility. I took the advice of previous reviewers and requested a quiet room. My room faced away from the busy intersection so while the view was somewhat sacrificed, I was not bothered by all the commotion below from the street.
Two things that irked me are the limousine service from the airport and quirky elevator system. KAL limo service (which worked great during my last trip to Seoul) claims a stop at Park Hyatt. In reality, it stops across the street and I ended up having to drag my luggages across a busy intersection - not what I had in mind after a 14 hour flight. Later the front desk informed me that I could have gotten off at an earlier stop (@InterContinental) and take a cab. Hyatt reimburses the cab fare. Wish i knew! Hopefully it would benefit others who are planning to take a shuttle service to the hotel. The other item was the elevator. They have separate elevator banks so whenever I come into or leave the hotel, I need to go to the lobby on 24th and then take another elevator to my room or outside. Supposedly it was done to alleviate wait time but I found it more cumbersome.
All in all, Park Hyatt is a superb hotel especially for business travelers. For sightseeing, I think there are other more centrally located hotels in Seoul. But the room and service at Park Hyatt are unparalleled.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank momoftwo_NJ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Fantastic hotel. Rooms are excellent. Stayed here just one night, floor to ceiling windows, big separate bathroom area, loved the views of the hotel, very quiet. Only about 8 rooms per floor, a bit of a boutique hotel. The hotel was comfortable, but there were a few negatives.
1. The bed was very hard - the mattress was super firm - there was very little give, not sure if this is what the hotel was going for.
2. True to Park Hyatt fashion, ie Shanghai/Beijing- reception on top floor, rooms below, and I found that I had to wait several mins for the elevator from reception down to the lobby as the elevators to the rooms are different.
3. If you've stayed at the PH Beijing, I found the rooms there to be larger, and the breakfast to be superior. The bfast at the PH Seoul was not as good - selection of food was limited, and I had to wait for a table because the restaurant was full - not good if you are in a hurry for a business meeting.
4. Price was very reasonable for the hotel room - glasses of wine were not - some 43k won for a basic glass of napa valley cab sav! And thats before the ++

Concierge was very helpful, gave some good pointers about locations to visit.

The entrance to the hotel is through a narrow road, so if there is a jam, your arrival to the entrance could be slightly delayed.

Overall, i'd stay here again.

1 Thank emandjeff
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Being a resident in Seoul, my girlfriend and I were looking for somewhere nice to celebrate a recent anniversary. Having consulted many friends and websites, we arrived at the Park Hyatt and were by no means disappointed. From the onset we were greeted warmly and helpfully by the staff. Upon learning that we were celebrating an anniversary at check-in, we were offered a bottle of champagne free of charge, a welcome bonus upon arrival. Although many people complain of the dual elevator system, I had no issues with it, and never had to wait more than a minute (really, who is in that big of a hurry?) We had a deluxe room, and it was beautiful. The bathroom is very chic and the amenities were all top of the line. Although the windows can be seen from other parts of the hotel, where in Seoul is this NOT the case? All told we felt very warmly welcomed and would gladly stay here again, an incredible hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Honestly, we were disappointed with our experience after reading all the great reviews here. It was not because of the software, the staff was indeed wonderful. It was the hotel itself that we found a little disappointing. The building looks chic and modern from the outside but the decor inside (both the public area and the room) is dated and showing its age. There were several elevators but only one will go to the ground level. It was for the security purpose but definitely confusing for guests.

We had the Park Suite on the 15th floor and it was spacious. We love the floor to ceiling window and the view was lovely. Unfortunately, we could be seen by the rooms on the other side of the building and we ended up closing the blinds most of the time for the living room and almost all the time for the bathroom. The bathroom was large in size with an open space for shower next to a large bathtub. It would be nice if we could enjoy the nice view without having to worry about being seen. The bed was uncomfortable and we did not sleep well for 3 nights.

We did not get treatment after visiting the Spa. There were a few treatment rooms near the Spa reception. Guests going to the gym or the swimming pool walked by the rooms and we could imagine the noise that could be heard during treatment. The gym was small and very busy while we visited. There was also a small swimming pool awkwardly located next to the lobby lounge, separated only by a glass wall. Guests dining at the restaurant could see people in swimwear and it was not always a pleasant view.

We love the food from this hotel. We like the lobby lounge with the view of the city and we enjoyed the champagne afternoon tea. Buffet breakfast at the Cornerstone restaurant was also good and we had a wonderful Italian dinner in one evening. We also went for drinks at the Timber House on the lower level. There was a sushi bar and they also served hot dish like Yakitori, which was delicious.

Service was very good at this hotel and all our requests were handled efficiently. Everyone we met spoke excellent English and many of them took time to make small talk with us which was quite remarkable. We asked for a tour guide with a car for a day and the hotel arranged a pleasant lady for us. We had a lot of fun having her to show us around the city.

Finally, the location. Although the subway station was right outside the door but we still do not recommend this hotel for tourists. Unless you like the Lotte World, which was only a few stops away, the hotel was a bit far away from many popular tourist spots. There was a shopping mall across the street but the shops were not that interesting.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ryu0803
Coronado, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I've stayed at the Park Hyatt on business the last several years. The hotel has a modern/minimalist decor and what you would expect from a Park Hyatt hotel. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are clean, but in some ways starting to show their age. The stone in the shower room is starting to patina leaving them to look a little dirty and the toilet seats are starting to become dull and scratched through cleaning and wear leaving you with a sort of public restroom feel. The Park Hyatt has always had very limited TV stations for English speakers, mostly news, almost nothing entertaining. Always an annoyance of this hotel has been the elevators, which require all trips from your room to the street level lobby to first go to the 24th floor, whoever designed the elevator system in this hotel still deserves to have their architect license revoked. Breakfast at the Cornerstone restaurant is ~$35 and while adequate is not spectacular and by no reasonable measure would it be considered a good value!!!! and should be included in the price of the room at a significantly reduced rate ($20 would be reasonable, offer it to me a check-in). Drinks in the hotel cost a fortune ~$20 or more (meh! I'll pass). Finally during my most recent visit, the previously FREE Gold Passport morning coffee, which was a nice perk appears to be no longer offered for Gold Passport members and add to my general opinion that the Park Hyatt Seoul is starting to cut corners as it ages and loses its appeal. Next time I'll consider other options, which may not be as nice, but comparable at a much reduced cost and acceptable service.

Room Tip: Rooms xx01 are corner rooms overlooking the large intersection in front of the hotel, if you are not...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Impeccable level of service. Staff went out of their way to make you feel welcome. The rooms have stunning views and deep-tubs for a long soak after a tiring day. The bar is actually at the very bottom floor, which was a change from other Hyatt's, but the ambiance and style are welcoming. Breakfast is of the best I've had and the blackout curtains were extremely helpful in acclimating to the timezone.

Pro-tip: Eggs are ordered like coffee for the breakfast buffet (best scrambled I've had in a while) and the ham and brie sandwich from the room service menu is a delightful treat.

Room Tip: Since there are blackout curtains, light was never a problem, but it is great to stay on the side fa...
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I moved to the Park Hyatt on very short notice after a horrendous experience in the nearby Ramada. It was a complete 180 degree turn around. Incredibly clean and spacious room with floor to wall windows, personalized service and everyone seemed to know our names, a concierge who came to the room on check in, showed us the function or the various switches, shades and bathroom (a Bidet!), as well as gave us a low-down on places to go and see and how to get there. The hallways appear like walking trough a museum with art pieces and old potter behind glass in the walls. When we left, we asked were we could get 20 postcard stamps for our postcards home, and they took them and advised us they would mail them for us without charge! I called at 6 AM, and they had availability and we were in our room by 10AM. Its cost is at the high end ($400 US/night), but well worth it!
Only downfall is the slightly confusing elevator and light switch system. But not that hard to learn.

1 Thank rjbrace