“Ultra modern, large rooms, great views & zen”
Review of Park Hyatt Seoul

Park Hyatt Seoul
Ranked #50 of 552 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Seriously zen, at least for me!! Stayed twice in a period of 7 weeks. Loved the large floor to ceiling windows in the room. When you turn off the lights - its Seoul that lights your room !!! I particularly enjoyed the breakfast - the chefs cut the fruit in front of you - great touch !!! The location is more geared for business travellers. If you are in Seoul to see the sights - it is pretty far away from the city centre on the north side of the river - at least 20-30 min by cab. However, even if/when I come as a tourist - I will stay at the Park Hyatt Seoul !!!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,298)

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed at the Park Hyatt Seoul twice so far and I must say, it's 1 of the cosmo hotels that have impressed me. From check-in to check-out, service to food quality, room finishings to the lovely bath area, it has met and surpassed many of my expectations of a 5star establishment.

Granted that the rates are not cheap, but it delivers. Thats important for 5star establishments when people pay more to indulge a little or for the services and a nice room. I've stayed at a few Hyatts in different countries and this is definitely 1 of the best so far.

The room service korean food and breakfast is absolutely tip top. Very often the taste of room service food disappoints, even in 5star hotels, but Park Hyatt Seoul did well. Their signature Namu Bath set-up is 1 of the best relaxing and comfortable baths ever. It's so good that we asked for it the very next night after trying it for the first time. Now it has become a must when we stay there.

The oversized bath tub that overlooks the bustling city streets with floor to ceiling windows is lovely and I think many would agree that their bath and shower reno is 1 of the better ones among many Hyatt establishments.

Valet service is very prompt and responsive. Front desk staff is capable of multiple languages and service is top-notch.

Slight note on the complexity of the lifts as some serve guest rooms and some don't.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JnY82
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in Park Hyatt for 3 nights over a long weekend holiday. We had no expectations as it was a last minute trip and we thought Park Hyatt should be a safe bet. Upon touchdown, staff rushed out to the door to greet us, usher us in and take our luggage from us, and led us to the lobby on the 24/f. All the staff spoke near to perfect English. All our requests at check in were met, and we were helpfully escorted up to our room. Rooms are of a decent size, all modern simple clean light wood decor, floor to ceiling windows all around the room and bathroom (please remember the glass is transparent, the staff nervously reminds us) with a sprawling city view- Bright by the day, glittering lights by night. The stone and marble bathroom was sizeable with a rain shower, bathtub and separate toilet and sink area, well stocked with Aesop products. The fruit basket in our room was stocked with different fresh fruit daily.
Every morning as we headed out, the concierge would make sure to ask us where we were headed, call ahead to see if the destination was open (since it was a public holiday weekend in Seoul), and always wrote down all the addresses and directions in Korean for us in case we needed to show anyone. They even went so far to track down the mobile number of our taxi driver and ring him up when they discovered one of the places we were visiting was closed that day, and asked him to drive us to the neighbouring shopping mall instead. Good stuff.
More on the impeccable service- as I stood waiting for the taxi one morning, a female front desk manager noticed my baby bump and strikes up small talk. That afternoon, I returned to the room to find a handwritten card from her along with a bunch of baby gifts on my bed!
Only downer would be the slightly tiresome lift system requiring you to pass through the 24/F and change lifts every time you go in and out... Fortunately the lifts are fast and you are not kept waiting for too long each time.
Also be warned that, even though our room was on the 17/f, we could still get woken at night by screeching tires or
noisy vehicles from the road junction down below.
Location is quite central, near some shopping complexes, and lots of office buildings..but otherwise very quiet during Sundays and public holidays..Most of the more popular and bustling shopping /eating districts will be a 15 min taxi ride away.
All in all great hotel with impeccable service. Feels personal and homey and they definitely take very good care of you.
Come here to feel loved.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank TouristBee
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The Park Hyatt in Seoul is probably one of the nicest city hotels I've stayed in to date. It's located in the Gangnam district, South of the Han River. It's worth noting that the location may not suit everyone. It was about a 15 minute drive by taxi / 20 minute subway journey to Itewan or Insadong areas. We visited during the Mid-Autumn holiday so things were notably quiet in the City and more so in Gangnam, however for us it was perfect.

The rooms are of a very high standard - the floor to ceiling windows really do make a difference. We had a wonderful view over the old Olympic Stadium. The bathrooms again are very special. More floor to ceiling windows here so you do feel a bit like you're showering outside! Thankfully there are blinds.

What made our overall experience of this hotel just wonderful was the staff. I've honestly never experienced hospitality as friendly or as attentive. Their level of English and English comprehension is very high and we never suffered with miscommunication issues as you do in other places in Asia at times. We were given accurate directions to places of interest, taxi's were called very quickly and when I was feeling under the weather, they brought paracetamol to my room and asked if I was OK. These people really couldn't do enough for us.

As others have stated the lift situation is a bit of a nightmare. We stayed on a quiet weekend and were not so bothered about this - however you can imagine during peak times it would be a real issue. The architect wants shooting, I think.

The other small issue was that of free wireless internet. This is available in The Lounge (the upstairs bar) and the Timber House (lower GF bar) but not in the rooms. This hotel is expensive so I suppose you would expect a few add ins here and there but unfortunately wifi wasn't one of them.

The negatives certainly will not deter us from staying here again. Seoul is a wonderful City with beautiful scenery, excellent nightlife and shopping and exploring to be done and we wouldn't hesitate to book another room at the Park Hyatt.

Room Tip: I stayed in 1307 and it had a very nice view. especially at sunset.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I can recommend this great hotel with all my heart. The rooms are huge, beautifully designed and very modern. I found the staff extremely friendly and helpful. The food is excellent. They have a great breakfast buffet, always freshly made, with omelettes, fried eggs etc. This is truly the best hotel for your stay in Seoul.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ava12363
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We recently returned from our trip to Seoul and were very pleased by the Park Hyatt. The hotel lives up to the Park Hyatt Brand standard, high quality furniture, room layout, and toilettries. The price was also great, $300 a night for a Park Hyatt! While the hotel is on the opposite side of the river from major tourist attractions (Insadong, Palaces, etc), it is conviently located by the subway.

A few minor points for the hotel to approve.
1. Acknowlege female guests, at check in and check out the front desk only spoke to my husband, Hello Mr. Rich, Goodbye Mr. Rich. I was completely ignored. I would have expected, Hello Mr and Mrs Rich, Goodbye Mr and Mrs Rich.
2. Save a few seats in the Timber Restaurant for hotel guests on a Saturday night. We were unable to get in.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elyse R
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is probably the cheapest Park Hyatt experience money can buy you in the world. It even required less Gold Passport points than many non-PH properties. Don't let the cheap price fool you, it's just that there aren't that many good hotels in Seoul now days. Most of its competitors are worse, cheaper, older, and uglier. (InterContinental for example.) I never stayed at W on Walkerhill, but I heard it's very nice (and more $$). It's weird to see a W being more expensive than a PH....
Anyway, both times I stayed were during cold weather, and it was an excellent hotel for a cold weather! What I liked:
1. They provided free stretch limo to the airport-bus station (10 mins away)
2. Wonderful marble soaking tub. Although your nude body could be seen from other rooms in the hotel due to the glass and the layout of room, I didn't really care.
3. A very very beautiful bathroom.
4. A very beautiful lobby lounge (on the top of the hotel) and pool, serving great foods.
5. The room was very clean, and the hardwood floor was very nice.
6. The bar in the basement was classy with live performer from Western country. I felt being teleported to a Chicago jazz club if not for the impeccable service and furniture.
7. It's near a lot of shopping and office buildings, very convenient.
8. I loved the soap and the shampoo they provided.

Things bad:
1. The location was hard to find. Not many taxi driver knew this hotel. The car entrance is in the alley behind the hotel and was tiny. You can also say its privacy is a bonus.
However, if you are walking, this is right outside a subway station exit, so very easy to find.
2. The lobby being on the top floor, you can only go to your room by going to the lobby first. The whole flow was a bit awkward and the elevator wait time was long.
3. The rain shower in bathroom came from a very high location on the ceiling. I thought that was less desirable than a regular shower head because a regular wall-mount shower head provides better angle to wash face. However, there were two other wash modes. You could also use the hand held nozzle so that was fine.
4. The bathroom doesn't really have a door. In fact, half of the wall is part of the closet, so if you open the closet from the bedroom, you can see into the bathroom. There is also a glass door between the tub area and the bedroom, although a blind can be lowered manually. If you are traveling with friends, maybe you should know this.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business