Park Hyatt Seoul
$125
$84
Priceline
1,326 results
All reviewsfloor to ceiling windowstop floorcornerstone restauranttimber housecoex mallinfinity poolaesop productspark suitebusy intersectionsamseong stationfloor lobbysoaking tubrain showerrooms are beautifulglass wallguest roomsgangnam area
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We recently returned from our trip to Seoul and were very pleased by the Park Hyatt. The hotel lives up to the Park Hyatt Brand standard, high quality furniture, room layout, and toilettries. The price was also great, $300 a night for a Park Hyatt! While the hotel is on the opposite side of the river from major tourist attractions (Insadong, Palaces, etc), it is conviently located by the subway.

A few minor points for the hotel to approve.
1. Acknowlege female guests, at check in and check out the front desk only spoke to my husband, Hello Mr. Rich, Goodbye Mr. Rich. I was completely ignored. I would have expected, Hello Mr and Mrs Rich, Goodbye Mr and Mrs Rich.
2. Save a few seats in the Timber Restaurant for hotel guests on a Saturday night. We were unable to get in.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elyse R
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is probably the cheapest Park Hyatt experience money can buy you in the world. It even required less Gold Passport points than many non-PH properties. Don't let the cheap price fool you, it's just that there aren't that many good hotels in Seoul now days. Most of its competitors are worse, cheaper, older, and uglier. (InterContinental for example.) I never stayed at W on Walkerhill, but I heard it's very nice (and more $$). It's weird to see a W being more expensive than a PH....
Anyway, both times I stayed were during cold weather, and it was an excellent hotel for a cold weather! What I liked:
1. They provided free stretch limo to the airport-bus station (10 mins away)
2. Wonderful marble soaking tub. Although your nude body could be seen from other rooms in the hotel due to the glass and the layout of room, I didn't really care.
3. A very very beautiful bathroom.
4. A very beautiful lobby lounge (on the top of the hotel) and pool, serving great foods.
5. The room was very clean, and the hardwood floor was very nice.
6. The bar in the basement was classy with live performer from Western country. I felt being teleported to a Chicago jazz club if not for the impeccable service and furniture.
7. It's near a lot of shopping and office buildings, very convenient.
8. I loved the soap and the shampoo they provided.

Things bad:
1. The location was hard to find. Not many taxi driver knew this hotel. The car entrance is in the alley behind the hotel and was tiny. You can also say its privacy is a bonus.
However, if you are walking, this is right outside a subway station exit, so very easy to find.
2. The lobby being on the top floor, you can only go to your room by going to the lobby first. The whole flow was a bit awkward and the elevator wait time was long.
3. The rain shower in bathroom came from a very high location on the ceiling. I thought that was less desirable than a regular shower head because a regular wall-mount shower head provides better angle to wash face. However, there were two other wash modes. You could also use the hand held nozzle so that was fine.
4. The bathroom doesn't really have a door. In fact, half of the wall is part of the closet, so if you open the closet from the bedroom, you can see into the bathroom. There is also a glass door between the tub area and the bedroom, although a blind can be lowered manually. If you are traveling with friends, maybe you should know this.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank valleyworker
Reviewed September 30, 2012

When a hotel gets high marks as consistently as Park Hyatt Seoul, it tends to give me pause. But, after staying here during Chuseok, let me add to the raves. From location to service, this hotel is a beauty.

LOCATION: This hotel is right in the heart of Gangnam and next door to Coex Mall, and was perfect my mini-vacation. I must disagree with those who say the hotel is "out of the way" from many tourist spots. The hotel lies on top of a freakin' subway stop, for goodness sake. It is an easy walk to Cheongdam and Apgujeong(for my fellow luxury shopping lovers) and is close-ish to Lotte World amusement park. For those on a luxe vacation, which shops and restaurants to match, this hotel is perfect.

STAFF: Because I currently live in Korea (not in Seoul), and have been to Seoul many times, I was not in need of the concierge. But I was able to watch her in action on my comings and goings, every guest using her seemed thrilled-no rushing involved. The guest service staff were impeccable, and although I am trying to immerse myself in Korean, it was refreshing to talk with people proficient in English. I am not a picky hotel guest, so I don't how they deal with needy guests, but they answered all of my questions with ease and delivered my requests quickly and with minimum fuss.

ROOM: Ahh, the room. Although I "only" booked the standard King, my room was the biggest I've ever stayed in. The room was spotless, with seemingly high-end fixtures. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the floor to ceiling windows offered perfect views of Seoul. But the bathroom was we're I spent most of my time (not in a gross way). The bathtub was so nice: deep and relaxing. The citrus herb bath salts were a nice touch. Aesop products were also a sign of Park Hyatt's discerning taste (I most definitely put my leftovers in my bag). But the shower was my favorite. Located on the ceiling (!), the rain shower faucet kept me showering for 20 minutes, twice a day...even after my bath! And I even left the window shades up to let in the city light (yes, the bathroom has floor to ceiling windows, too). Sorry, Gangnam.

I will definitely be staying at the Park Hyatt Seoul again, and recommend it very highly. My only quibble is the $25 wifi charge. What is this, 2006?!?

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jcharles1
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at the Park Hyatt Seoul for four days in July. In spite of its less than impressive entrance, the hotel was elegant and luxurious and the service was perfect. The restaurant in the lobby offers modernized versions of Korean classics, such as the deconstructed summer bibimbap and the addictive shaved iced with berries and chocolate. Breakfast was a real treat, with a plentiful buffet offering an abundance of Korean and Western dishes. My only complaint about this otherwise top-notch property was the ridiculous light switch system in the rooms --please fix it once and for all!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My husband and I were taking our first trip to Asia for our second wedding anniversary and decided to stay here instead of Intercontinental Hotel (which is right across the street). Making reservations online was easy. We opted to book the pick up service from the airport since my Korean was a bit weak and my husband isn't Korean at all and we didn't want to get taken for a ride if we hailed down a cab at the airport. We were told in our email confirmation that they would not be holding up our last name but would be near the Hyatt Hotel sign for confidentiality, which I thought was great. But they were no where to be found. I asked attendants at the hotel but all they could do for me was to tell me which bus to take and that I would need to call them. I had no international plan so we kept pacing back and forth. We finally found a representative towards another exit and was finally greeted and sent to the private car. The car was nice...about an hour ride away from the hotel. We went to the front desk which was on the top floor (weird) and then was showed to our room. The room was great. They brought us a cake and a bottle of champagne since I told them it was our second wedding anniversary. Korean grapes were complimentary every day after they serviced your room but there were few to none complimentary amenities. Wi-fi would cost you around $20 US dollars a day (there was a business center on the 23rd floor which was complimentary but was annoying if you just wanted to look something up really quickly). Breakfast was not included but I didn't mind since there were so many restaurants to eat at. The buttons for the lights and curtains was impressive but annoying at the same time. We couldn't figure out (for the 6 days we were there) what button to press if we only wanted the light in the living room on. There was a glass left on both sides of the bed on the side table which was not a good idea since my husband walked by it and ended up breaking it. No big deal but I'm sure this wasn't the first time. The hotel seems to have a contract with a high end limo service that if you need a cab to go anywhere, you don't need to wait until you hail once since their cabs are waiting but be ready to pay for a fee for it. I'd rather go on to the streets and hail one down for probably half the price. Or instead take the subway! This was the easiest subway system to understand! You'll pay a deposit for getting a card but once you return the card, they will give you the deposit back (500WON per card). Make sure to take the subway to dongdaemun, insadong, namdaemun, kyung bok palace, nam san tower, and itaewon. Across the street is coex mall which is a bit small (and no haggling). Dongdaemun and namdaemun is a place you should haggle. I love dongdaemun the best. Namdaemun was a little more for my mother's age but still worth a visit.

Tons of places to eat. Make sure to eat the local stuff. The street food is clean and you won't get sick. Drinking is a must! They don't sell diet soda so either get water or soju :P. There is no tipping AT ALL for anything (hair salon, restaurants, cabs...) nothing! The only person we tipped was the bellman who brought our bags up to us the first day we checked in . We didn't book a private car to take us back to the airport since our friend told us that you can purchase bus passes at the coex hotel. Apparently, you can check in and your bags and all you need to do is wait for the bus to go to your airport (incheon or gimpo, which departs every 10 minutes), ride the bus to the airport, then walk to your gate your plane is at...SO EASY~! The tickets were 15K wons each and totally worth it. The seats are extra wide on the bus and doesn't take any longer than if you had taken a cab. The only thing I didn't get was how they got our checked luggage onto the plane...!?

This was a great hotel. Gangnam (the city where the hotel is located) is so incredibly clean. The whole country is so efficient (different bus lines being a different bus color, the subway system, everyone's mentality, work ethics, etc) compared to the US (personally from NY). The staff was always professional and tried to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The only thing I would wish for is to offer complimentary Wi-Fi. Seems like a lot of businessmen come to this hotel for business and that would be a great amenity to offer to guests.

PS. Make sure to walk to the Hyundai Department Store. Go up to the top floor and have their patbingsoo...really the best you'll ever have!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple