“The Other Half of the Seoul Tower”
Review of Namsan Park

$131.25*
Night Views of Seoul including N Seoul Tower and Han River Cruise
$86.00*
and up
Seoul City Sightseeing Tour Including Gyeongbokgung Palace, N Seoul Tower, and...
Ranked #14 of 755 things to do in Seoul
Michigan
234 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 182 helpful votes
“The Other Half of the Seoul Tower”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I made my visit to Namsan Park in the winter so I am sure I lost some of the experience that could be had during the summer. The park itself is relatively small, however, it serves as one of the gateways to the Seoul Tower. I believe half the experience of visiting the tower was going through the Namsan Park where you see a restored portion of the wall that used to protect Seoul and then climb alongside that wall all the way to the top of the mountain. It is a lengthy hike but, if you are physically able, it is very rewarding and offers a couple of very nice lookouts.

Visited December 2012

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A Long Way to The Top”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Seoul is said to have lots of parks, but I decided to visit this one due to its large area and attractions. I took the subway line 4 and stopped at Hoehyeon Station. Too bad I took the wrong exit gate! I should've made my way to exit 1 but I went to exit 5 so it took quite some time to figure out the way to exit 1. From the exit gate (1) it still took a long way (around 1.5-2 km) to walk to Namsan Oreumi (an inclined escalator to go halfway up to the mountain). Really, running shoes are must-have items if you plan to visit Korea. The inclined escalator itself was an exciting attraction (where else could I have seen one?) and I was lucky not to queue too long that afternoon.

They say it's possible to walk through the top, but since my feet started to feel sore, I decided to take the cable car. It costed quite much, but when else would I visit this place? So I bought the return tickets. The terminal was on the 3rd floor (bad news for my feet) and I almost lost my guts when I took the car. It was definitely not recommended for those of you who are afraid of extreme height. But finally I could enjoy the ride. Oh, and the staffs there were quite friendly

It seemed that I still needed to walk upstairs (yes, there were stairs) to reach N Seoul Tower and other attractions (bad news again for my feet) so I had to stop in a small park along the way (thank God there were benches!). The view was beautiful, even if you haven't reached the top.

When I reached the top, I decided not to visit the Teddy Bear Museum and observation deck of N Seoul Tower due to the limited time. However, I walked around and had the look at the love locks around it. Since I didn't bring any lock (and my significant other, of course) I could only took some photographs of them.

The park is definitely worth a visit. Since I came on summer, I could see flowers of various colors in the park and beautiful green forest that surround it. But perhaps it will be more beautiful if you visit it with your loved ones ;)

Visited June 2013
1 Thank princessviolin
Hong Kong
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Sakura”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

It is convenient to go to Namsan Park. Just take Line 4 and stop at 424. You can get a route to go to the park. If you wish, you can take the cable car. But we prefer to have a climb to the peak. On the way, you can enjoy the beautiful scene. Also you can enjoy the famous Sakura.

Visited April 2013
“Romantic place and couple must visit”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I went to namsan tower by tour bus. First thing you should do take a deep breath while walk to reach the top. Its like 60 degrees. Then you can see all around the city. When you see the gate its full of padlock. Couple used to write their name and lock in here. It means like they will be together as well. Its very recomended place

Vancouver, Canada
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Very busy”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Namsan tower is a very good viewpoint to appreciate the vast city that Seoul is. The walk to the tower from the entrance of the park is very nice and has its own good views, but quite far. So bring some time, if you choose to walk. The entrance fee is quite high and there's a bit of a wait to get into the elevator. Once at the top you can enjoy all around views of Seoul and the mountains. Bring some patience though as it is busy on the viewing platform as well and very noisy. Photos can be a bit tricky to take, because of the reflections in the glass and the bright lights inside. It would be nice if they dimmed those. Overall a good place to visit in Seoul but not my first choice.

1 Thank JJTr