“Watch out for the taxi drivers that prey on tourists.”
Review of Namsan Park

Namsan Park
Ranked #22 of 797 things to do in Seoul
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Had a great time once I got to the park, but was taken advantage of by a taxi driver trying to get there. After taking the bus to the general area of the park I was unaware of how to get up the hill to the park entrance. I hailed a cab who ended up taking me several kilometers around the city, thinking I didn't know what he was doing. He thought I was lost and was an easy target. He dropped me off nearly the same spot as I hailed him. The park entrance was actually just a few thousand meters. Luckily I'm not intimidated by these sorts of things so I gave him the minimum fare about 2 bucks and jumped out of the cab. He was trying to charge me 13,000 won! He had met his match though.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,020)
All reviews
"gondola"
"autumn"
in 40 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

If you're a fan of Korean drama such as Rooftop Prince (which is a personal favorite) you'd understand my earnest desire to get a photo of that last scene in the drama. Yes the one in the post card.
Since I was staying at Namsan Guest House 3 which is conveniently located at the foot of the hill where that park is. If you're not around the vicinity, you can get there by cab or subway up to the Cable car station.
So I just walked up, up, up until I got to the Namsan Tower Cable Car Station... walk past that going to the park. You can ask for directions (tip younger people tend to understand English better) for the park. A little more walking up and you'll see a Entry Post where you can get a free map of the park. I'm lucky the ones on duty were maybe highschool/college youth so ask away. If you're in search for a little more cardio workout, there are some structures and facilities for exercise found along the course going up to the park.
I just followed the map and got there, took a lot of pictures to my heart's content and relaxed a bit to absorb the energy of nature :)

1  Thank Babut_Bacena
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We went to N-tower one late evening in June of 2013.
We were lucky to arrive so late that the wait at the cable car was less than 10 minutes.
At the tower we got to admire and take in the wonderful view of Seoul at night-time. It was so beautiful and lovely to just walk around and have your picture taken with Seoul in the background. It was also cool to see all the couples' padlocks placed on the fence of the tower.
The ride back down with the cablecar gave us a great view of Seoul as well. Highly recommend you go here if you visit Seoul.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Went there during february so some of the area in the park still covered in snow. We rode the oreumi up to the cable car station and took the cable car to the top of mountain Namsan. Upon arriving, we exit and walk up few steps and there it is, breathtaking view of Seoul city. Besides that, they also have the locks area which is very interesting to look at.