“Fantastic!”
Review of Hotel Sunbee

Hotel Sunbee
Ranked #27 of 504 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I loved everything about the Sunbee - what a great find on the internet! Other times in Seoul, I have stayed further to the South/West - but this time I was very much in the middle of the action, with restaurants all around - and three enormous bookshops nearby, too. My room was an excellent size, vast bed, decent view from the windows - and very quiet! The bathroom was made up of three separate areas - basin, toilet, bath/shower (with in fact two showers in this latter room.) Breakfast was good - simple but quite adequate, with decent coffee and an English language paper to read. Staff at the front desk were really great, all spoke enough English (a few much more than that) and they tried really hard to assist me when I needed information. Seoul is a really great place to visit - I am surprised so few Aussies go there. The Sunbee is near the wonderful Seoul subway system, and a few minutes easy walk to the bus stop to get you to Incheon or Gimpo Airports. All in all, a top choice! And it is fantastic value.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank JayeffSydney

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We moved here from another hotel and took a taxi. Our taxi driver had a little trouble but was able to find it. I'm not sure we could have found it on our own. Once we got there, we realized that it's in a great location. It's about 10 minutes from the closest subway and about 5 minutes from the cute shopping area of Insidong. Plenty of restaurants and stores to wander. The hotel room is spacious and the bathroom is huge with a giant jacuzzi bathtub. The beds are hard but ok. The room is very quiet and stayed dark in the morning. The staff was very nice. Overall a great deal.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank NCtravelz
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Located in the middle of Insadong. Plenty to do here good food, shopping, sight seeing all walking distance. If need to ask how to move around, there are tour guides moving around on the streets they are very helpful and can provide even maps as well. We even walk down town lots to see along the way. As for Hotel staff the General Manager was very helpful and was able to solve most of our problems. Breakfast real simple - some toasts, yogurts, milk, coffee n tea that's it. Make sure u come down before 9.30am if not you will miss your breakfast. N for rooms are clean, comfy bed spacious but only the aircon abit noisy. Recommended hotel to stay

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Sunbee for 4 nights in October for our first visit to Seoul. We took airport bus 6011 that dropped us off at Anguk Stn. The location is right in the middle of most everything we wanted to do - the palaces, Folk Museum, Bukchon Village, Insadong, and Cheonggyecheon Stream. The hotel is very clean and the room was comfortable. It was handy to have the safe, wifi, and hot/cold water dispenser. The breakfasts were fine. A highlight of the trip was our tour with the excellent USO/Koridoor to the DMZ, which takes you to the Joint Security Area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank c1023
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights in October. The location is top notch and Insadong has so many great little shops, restaurants it is a fabulous area. The hotel is tucked down a back alley away from the hustle and bustle. The hotel is modern with free wifi in rooms and computers in lobby. We booked a DMZ tour through the hotel which was good (do the USO organised dmz tour if you can. it was sold out when we tried to book). I liked everything about this hotel except for the breakfast set up which was slightly chaotic. Problem is they don't have enough space for all the guests and you have to fight for a table no matter what time you get there. You end up having to share a table which for me first thing in the morning is an unbearable thought.I found the breakfast routine stressful and for that reason I would not stay again. However if you are more easygoing than me and want a great, clean and friendly hotel in an excellent location then I would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank paperswan
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Spent 5 nights there in a spacious double room. Spotlessly clean. Very comfortable bed. Quiet location as not on the main street but right in the middle of a lively tourist area and great for metro links to the rest of the city. Just amazing value. Would stay again and recommend to anyone visiting Seoul.

Room Tip: Twin rooms may have one double and one single so check first.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Laxfield
Reviewed October 8, 2012

OK, so I said location. But that's because I enjoyed being near the buzz of Insa-dong, and the palaces nearby. If that's not for you, read no further. I stayed at two types of accommodation in Seoul. A few nights in a hanok guesthouse and a couple of nights here. It is right in the hub of the Insa-dong action. A few minutes walk from Janggok station, 10 minutes, at the most, from Jongno 3 and about the same to Anguk stations. Airport bus drop-off at Anguk station. So that's transport taken care of. There are endless food options on your doorstep. Two palaces, Gyeongbokgung and Changdeokgung within 15 minutes walk, as well as the National Museum of Art. The many restaurants and cafes of Samcheong-dong - about 20 minutes, as well as the traditional hanok houses nearby. Keep going on Samcheong-dong past the restaurant strip and you can continue to climb to the top of Mt Bukhansan for a view over Seoul. I didn't try the breakfast included in the room rate so I can't comment. But I can say, after looking at hotel and guesthouse rates in Seoul, this is great value and includes free wi-fi and two complimentary bottles of water each day in your room. Both the room and bathroom were very spacious, in fact, the bathroom was the biggest I had had in a hotel room in ages, and the window was double-glazed. I will be coming back for sure. Yes, the bed is hard but that's Asia. I had no trouble sleeping.

Room Tip: If you're a non-smoker, let them know.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo