“Great Russian Food Dongdaemun Seoul”
Review of Gostiny Dvor - CLOSED

Gostiny Dvor
Cuisines: Russian
Neighborhood: Dongdaemun / Sindangdong
Neighborhood: Dongdaemun / Sindangdong
Austin, Texas, United States
“Great Russian Food Dongdaemun Seoul”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

So my Polish friend was craving some food similar to home and I had never had authentic russian food. So we checked around and the locals recommended Gostiny Dvor.
First I need to say this place is hard to find. If you use the Romanized address in your map program you will not find it. You need to type the korean address(cut and paste) in your map program. Luckily the Russian guys standing out side the grocery store up the block gave use directions but my friend speaks Russian otherwise we might not have found this place. It is on the second floor above a small russian convenience store tucked away on a small side street.
It has a great homey feel. It is fairly small. The russian waitress does not seem to speak english but does speak some Korean. Also the owner lady speaks both Russian and Korean. Very little english. Dinner could be ordered off an english translated menu.
We had the Borsch, Beef Stroganoff, Pierogi, and something else I forgot the name of. Everything was incredible. Easily one of the best meals I have eaten in a LONG time. And of course they have several great Vodka's. The price was incredible! For a two person dinner with 4 dishes and Vodka...we were under 57,000Won. Barely over $50 for something this good I was floored how inexpensive it was considering many of the places in Seoul have ridiculous prices. This is not one of the touristy places you find in Itaewon. But the food is superb. I would certainly go again.

Only detractors was the neighborhood looked a little run down but none of the many people around messed with us. Really they didn't even pay us any mind. And it was pretty hard to find using the romanized address. Use Hangul!
Only a few tables and reservations might not be required but I did not chance it.

• Visited November 2013