Pacific Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$312
$70
$213
$198
Agoda.com
All reviewsmyeongdong stationseoul towercable carkorean restoshopping areakingsize bedhotel catersminute walkrenovated roomexcellent bathroomtous les joursshopping eatingjapanese toiletopen the windowhotel is conveniently locatednice showerfood outlets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Although this hotel is only rated 4 star, it is excellent in most areas. I had a double for 1 person. The room was spacious, at a high floor and good view as I requested. The room and bathroom are extremely clean. The location is very convenient. Although the hotel is not at the front of the street it is across the street from Myendong, the busiest shopping district and a few steps from the subway. The hotel is also at walking distance from big department stores and popular markets. The service was prompt and excellent.
One time my credit card felt in the crack behind the desk which could not be moved out. I called the Front desk. Immediately 2 persons were sent in. They used a screwdriver to remove the nails and moved the desk out to get my credit card. They came very promptly, were very polite and did everything they could to resolve my issue. Another time I had issue with a cab driver who took me back to the hotel. Since most people do not speak English, I had a hard time communicating with the cab driver. The hotel person at the door helped me resolve the issue. The only issue was that the hotel did not let me use the pool and spa as they are only for MEN and I am a woman! I expect the hotel to state that limitation on the website to make it clear to everyone. I booked the hotel because of the pool and spa that the hotel advertised. I was very disappointed by that fact.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank trang2010
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This place is old, but has been remodeled and is extremely nice. Located across from the busy Myeongdong subway station and the entrance to trendy Myeongdong area. I only stayed here 1 night and have attempted to stay several times since, yet is always sold out. I guess that's a good sign. Staff was extremely nice also.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

As a brief stay for 2 nights on my way back from Japan 2 wks, I stayed in pacific simply coz then my brand can easily deliver the goods.

I have to say the room is truly big! No problem to open 2 x 24" case. And the basin table there's enough space for all my stuff, I do happy to have these space! And my room is newly renovated.

I won't complain for there's neither shampoo & conditioner nor shower gel in room, may sometimes happen also in other hotels for Eco friendly. Just bit... Well the staff seems care less abt clients, esp. the front desk, I really wonder if they were listening to me. It may due to their English? However sometimes they even didn't smile or, quite reluctant.

Free wifi is satisfied, stable and quick. And there's a Holly Coffee right connected to lobby, in which hotel guests could enjoy 10% off (see, in Holly I do feel the staff's dedication! You can tell the difference)

So I hope hotel could improve, and wish next time when I'm here it's getting better.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I am not as impressed as the other reviewers.

Chose this hotel for 2 main reasons: reviews of fab locations and fitness centre but was disappointed with both. Location is fairly near Myeongdong but I won't say it is 2mins walk. There are lots of restaurants and convenient stores around which is good.

However, it is a good 10mins away from the airport limousine bus stop which is at Sejong Hotel (across the road on many uneven road surface). Our return trip to airport was quite a challenge since we had more bags and were heavier after all the shopping and the bell boy simply REFUSED to help us get a cab. We had to walk out to the main road and thankfully a cab agreed to pick us.

In the website of the hotel and various hotel booking website,it was clearly indicated that fitness centre was available and that's ultimately why we chose this hotel over others. We were hoping to squeeze in some gym time in between the shopping and good food only to be told the gym is only for male. When asked why only why the access to the gym is only for male, the staff simply ignored me! If the information was clearly indicated on the website (which they mention the sauna & indoor pool are only for male), I won't waste precious luggage space and weight to bring my running shoes & gym wear. Personally, I thought the rule for male only access to the facilities is a strange rule!

Rooms was small, furnishing was old and have strong cigarette smell even though we were supposedly on non-smoking floor. Aircon in the room doesn't work well and room can get WARM in the middle of the night which disrupt sleep. Staff (same staff who ignore my question on gym) did not do anything even after we reported the problem.

The service and the attitude of the staff who ignore gym question and the bell boy who refused to help us with the cab spoiled an otherwise average experience.

Room Tip: Avoid corner rooms which are smaller.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Serene536
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I searched from many travel websites and found that it is a traditional hotel and the location is perfect. So we booked this hotel in May, 2013. The fact that the hotel is very convenient for those shopaholics as only 2 minutes from the Myeongdong Subway Station Exit 3 and the main shopping street in Myeongdong (Exit 6). You may also walk about 3 minutes from the hotel to the airport bus-stop (Exit 10). 24-hour convenience stores and grill chicken restaurant nearby. Very convenient for shopping and dining. Hotel staff can speak Mandarin and English and they are very helpful. Our room is a standard twin room which is unexpected big and the pillows are very comfortable with free wifi in the room. The toilet is big with auto-flushed system and all necessary amenities. There is also a distilled water machine in the corridor so that you can bring a bottle of water outside. Will introduce this hotel to my friend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends