Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed att his hotel at the end of our tour as an extension for shopping around Myeongdong area.

The hotel is rather good given the advertised price (about USD200 per night) and the rooms are actually quite comfy though a tad small compared to hotels in other capitals. We were given connecting rooms for the kids convenience.

The shopping is just across the road both undergound and ground level. Visitors must try all the different various street foods peddled in the evenings by the road side....I recommend the small strips of octopus which are baked after you order it, the sausages on sticks are also yummy...

Lotte shopping centre including duty free is also nearby. You can get your branded stuff in there. ABC Mart has good deals for the middle class stuff etc.

Will definitely stay here again on our next trip given the ease of access and nearby shopping and foodie places...

Room tip: Ask for connecting rooms if you are travelling with kids. It makes a lot of difference..
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Scubaholic777
Reviewed December 3, 2012

First off, the hotel doesn't look as old as it is on the tripadvisor picture. That pic and some reviews here discouraged me so much that I crossed it off my possible hotel list. However, I had no other choice since it was the only hotel available for the airfare + hotel package that my family got from a travel agency. So, I was like, what the heck, we won't be staying there the whole time anyway.

However, when I got there, I was surprised at the quality of the rooms we got (we got a connecting room).

LOCATION
- Very close to Myeongdong, just about 3 minutes away across the street
- The location was actually nice, not being smacked in the middle of all the craziness of Myeongdong
- The entrance/exit of the underground pedestrian lane/subway is about a minute away from the hotel (depending on how fast or slow you walk)
- The pedestrian pass is full of small shops that will not bore you while walking the rather short distance across the street to shopping heaven
- Also about a minute or 2 away are "25" and 7-11 shops
- There's also the famous Paris Baguette nearby (around 2-3 minute walk on the left, if you're back is to the hotel) which I never got to taste
- The airport bus stop is across the street at Sejong hotel, which is about 5 minutes away, tops
- It's not really inconvenient to go there, unless probably if you have a lot of stuffs or if your luggage is too heavy
- Taxis are able to drop you there from Pacific Hotel, I think it costs krw2700 or krw2900, I forgot
- One will have to go to Sejong Hotel to get on and off the airport bus

ROOM
- Ah, the rooms
- They were not really big
- But they were not tiny either
- Just enough for 2 people per room, I think
- The rooms came with clean sheets and towels in different sizes, each having their own purpose =D
- Free tea and toiletries
- And the grandest of all, the toilet seat is heated =D
- That was the most amazing thing I found in the hotel lol
- I think we got another smoking floor
- Although our room did not smell of cigarette smoke, the smoke from the lobby sometimes gets into the room
- The room we got was 518 connected with 538 (i think)
- Since 518 is the first room you see when you get off the elevator (I think) and no one smokes in that part of the floor, we used that room to get into our other room
- Otherwise, opening the 538 door would bring all the smoke inside our room, which was a mistake we did on our 2nd day
- I only uploaded pics of room 518 since I wasn't able to get a pic of 538. Somehow, room 538 was nicer despite it having no windows, which is a bummer to some
- I'm not really very comfy with no-window rooma, but since we were connected to 518 which did have windows, it didn't bother me much

Room tip: If you're picky about cigarette smell, tell the hotel that you want to be in a non-smoking room and floor. If you still end up being given a room on the 5th floor, room 518 would be good (no good view form the window though. Oh by the way, room 538 has no windows, just a warning if you're picky about that, too.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
6  Thank inutme
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed at this property from November 8th through the 12th and again on the 14th. The first time, I had a renovated room which was great. The bathroom, though small, is very nicely done and very clean. The bed was a little bit hard for my taste, and I like hard beds. The front desk staff was very helpful as were the bellmen.

Check your refrigerator when you check into the room and ensure that there are no open or missing bottles as you will be charged later if there are and you didn't say anything about it.

The location is great. Two stops down from Seoul Station on Line No. 4. There is a station for the subway less than a block away. Across the street from the Myeongdong shopping area where there are some good stores, good restaurants and good street food at night.

The last night I had an older room which definitely showed heavy wear from years of use. The bathroom was not as clean and nicely maintained and the beds were not as comfortable. Definitely try to ask for a renovated room, although the older rooms are still ok for the price and location of the hotel

Room tip: Try to ask for a renovated room. The older rooms definitely show some heavy wear.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank bestia101
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The pictures in TA hasn't been updated for this hotel yet and I will post some pics when I get back. Wasn't expecting much aside from the very good location and a very reasonable rate. Then when I got to the hotel I realized the rate must have been because they're renovating. Fortunately for me, renovations on my floor was done. They gave me a room with a great view out the front of the hotel looking towards Myeong-dong. I was worried about the noise but once you seal the windows it's really quiet. The room was nicely updated, with light wood panels and furniture. Room is small for western standards but just about average for Asian hotels. The bed will take up most of the room but there was plenty of space for luggage and stuff. Bathroom was updated as well with a rainshower, and new super intelligent toilet. The bed was two singles pushed together but made a really large bed, and it was just right in terms of firmness. Most Asian hotel beds (not western chains) are usually too hard or too soft but this one was nice. Updated down blankets made a very nice sleep.

We arrived early in the morning around 8:30 so they asked us to wait until 10:30 which wasn't unreasonable. We left the bags and went to Myeong-dong for breakfast. When we got back the room key was promptly assigned to us. So another star for letting us check in early so we got in a good shower and was ready for sightseeing.

Again the location can't be beat as it's about a 1 minute walk to Myeong-dong subway, and 3 minutes to Myeong-dong central shopping area. About 5-15 minute taxi depending on traffic to the sights around Seoul. This hotel seems to be mainly catering to Japanese tourists and the cleanliness is superb. So in summary, a nice, clean, updated room for a great price right now, under $90 on Expedia.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank milty908
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveler and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.