“Amazing - will definitely return”
Review of Metro Hotel

Metro Hotel
Ranked #12 of 504 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed at the Metro for 9 nights in total during our recent trip to South Korea. The hotel is located in the heart of Myeongdong and is surrounded by shops, cafes and restaurants, many of which are open until 11pm. The hotel is just a couple of minutes walk from the subway station and is easily accessible from the airport on one of the limousine buses. We stayed in two types of rooms, both were fairly small but it suited us fine as we were out most of the time. There was some noise from outside but it's to be expected being so centrally located and it did not stop us from sleeping well. The hotel has free wifi and complimentary breakfast if you book direct. What really made our stay so memorable, however, was the excellent service we received from the hotel staff. Nothing was too much trouble, their English was excellent and we were made to feel really welcome during our stay. We will definitely be returning on our next trip to Seoul.

1  Thank PurpleHazeUK
SkySong, Sales & Marketing Team Manager at Metro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Mr/Ms PurpleHazeUK

Thank you for staying with us and your great review on the Tripadvisor. It is such a pleasure to read your feedback and we especially thank you for mentioning about our service. We promise you to make an effort to offer the best service and we hope to see you again in not too distant future.
Thank you.

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights at this hotel after reading all the good reviews and it did not disappoint me at all. The location is really excellent being close to shopping areas like myeongdong and various lotte departmental stores. The nearby subway station links directly to lines that bring you to places like insadong and gyeongbogung. The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are basic but we qquiet and clean. If you are taking the airport limousine, Just alight at ibis hotel as metro hotel is Just behind it. Love this hotel and will definitely stay here again if I visit Seoul.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank ruemonge

Dear Mr/Ms ruemong

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback after your recent stay. We are very glad to hear that you have enjoyed staying with us with the convenient location. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stayed 5 nights in August

Pros:
- Excellent location
- Shopping till late at night everyday
- Nearby Airport express bus stop (5 min walk)
- Close by subway station
- Big choices of good restaurants around

Cons:
- Busy location, as it locates in the mid of shopping area. Can be noisy at night.
- Traffic jam all around
- Small room
- Automatic light at entrance was annoying somehow
- Limited choices of breakfast and same foods every few days

Room Tip: Get higher floors to avoid noises
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank thisiskeng

Dear Mr/Ms thisiskeng

Greetings from Metro hotel.
We thank you for staying with us and your valuable review on the Tripadvisor.
We are glad to know that you found our location extremely convenient. But I also duly noted your comments regarding the inconveniences due to the busy location, rooms and the breakfast. We will bring these issues into the management meetings for the future plan to make your next stay better.
Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to hearing from you again in the future.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We spent seven nights at the Metro Hotel in August 2013. The hotel is in a very good location for shopping in Seoul, but its proximity to the metro, bus stops, etc., also make it easy to get to all of Seoul's sites and neighborhoods.

All of this aside, the real draw of the Metro is its staff. They are professional, service-oriented, polite, fun and friendly. I cannot say enough good things about every staff member we encountered from the awesome front desk persons, to the breakfast staff and security, all top-notch.

Room Tip: We stayed in 501 and 605. 605 was noisy.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

From online booking to our stay at the Metro Hotel, the staff was truly excellent. Everyone is professional and helpful. Our room was a bit small (standard double) as was the bathroom. But it served our needs, and the bathroom functioned well. Housekeeping was efficient and throrough, and the airconditioning worked well in the hot humid summer. Our room faced the street, and there was some street noise (especially on weekend nights), so bring ear plugs if you're a light sleeper. The included breakfast was served on the top floor in a very spacious bright room, and was very good in variety and quality.The location is also very convenient to metro stations, restaurants, and shops. Highly recommended.

1  Thank JJ503
SkySong, Sales & Marketing Team Manager at Metro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear JJ503

Thank you very much for staying with us and your great review on the Tripadvisor.
We are truly elated to hear that the service we are offering is highly recommendable.
We promise to offer a better service and memorable experience continually to all of our guest.
Thank you very much and we look forward to meeting you again in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at the Metro for two nights in order to do some sightseeing around Seoul. I had been staying at the Lotte Seoul for business reasons and booked the Metro because of the price and proximity to Lotte. I reserved one of the "business" rooms which I found to be an ideal size for a solo traveler that does not spend much time in the room. The room was comfortable despite the lack of size, and I found that the layout and size reminded me of one of my old college dorm rooms. The Metro, however, maintains a much higher quality of room compared to a dorm.

The room was furnished with a twin bed, work desk, TV, lounge chair with table and refrigerator. The hotel provided a complimentary bottle of water each day and the room also came with an electric tea kettle. One great feature about the Metro is that each room has its own internet connection and wireless router. Mine was underneath the desk and the hotel also provided a LAN cable for a wired connection. The internet speed was faster than most connections I have come across at hotels which shard bandwidth. I did find the bathroom to be a little cramped, but again, it was adequate for a solo traveler. The bathroom was furnished with a stand up shower, sink, counter space for toiletries and a heated toilet. It was clean.

Another convenient feature of the room was that the TV remote was customized to also control the various lights in the room. This was nice for those of us who like to watch a little TV before going to sleep. I also give the room major plus points for having an abundance of available and accessible plug outlets. There were a couple at the work desk which was perfect for setting up my laptop and a couple at the side of the bed which is good for charging phones overnight.

My room rate also included breakfast, which was a mix of Western and Eastern items. I was disappointed that there was no made to order eggs option, but the selection of items was still good. The hotel provides laundry service, but also has a washer and dryer room on the 7th floor. The washer and dryer are 2,000 won each and detergent is 500 won. I used the facility to have some clean clothes for my flight home and I am glad I did.

The hotel is located in the Myeongdong shopping area and would probably be difficult to find for first timers. Keep an eye out for the Outback Steakhouses (yes plural!) and the Smoothie King, both of which share the ground floor space with the lobby. The hotel also has good Metro access with the Euljiro-1 station and Myeongdong station less than 5 minute walks away. On my way out of town the lovely ladies at the front desk arranged for a metered taxi to pick me up and the fare to Incheon was 65,000 won. On a final note to indicate the guest appreciation of the hotel, as a courtesy for staying the hotel gave me a complimentary T-money card (3000 won value) for use on the Metro. The couple checking in ahead of me received two Metro Hotel coffee mugs. I suppose the gift is based on the type of room you book, but small tokens of appreciation like that can leave a lasting impression in the minds of guests.

Overall, if you are looking for a clean, comfortable and affordable hotel in a prime location then the Metro Hotel is the place to be.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank rocketsfan007
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Metro Hotel is a really nice hotel with excellent location. It is located just behind the Airport Limo Bus stop ( which is outside Ibis Hotel) and very easy to find. It is within Myeongdong which is "the" area for shopping & food. It is also walking distance to 2 train lines via Myeongdong Station and Euljiro 3-ga train stations. While it is near the shops, the hotel itself is on a quiet lane, so it is not as noisy or filled with tourists.

Staff speaks English and are very helpful. I had problems with my pre-paid sim card and they volunteered to call up the telco and check for me. The rooms were clean with the usual amenities. My delux twin room had no view. The small window looked out into the wall of the next building. Good Wifi is available in all rooms & lobby but not in the breakfast area. Coin laundry service is available but only until 8pm at night. We were also able to leave our big luggage with the hotel when we traveled out of Seoul for 2 days.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends