“Still excellent!!”
Review of Metro Hotel

Metro Hotel
Ranked #12 of 504 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My second stay in Metro. Where else would I stay? This hotel is so convenient, so central to everything and ....i could go on and on. Anyway, since this is my second review, I have nothing much better to add except for these few observations:
1) new elavator system (using room card for access to floors) - great! better security!
2) coffee machine with cookies at the lobby - complimentary for guests, how thoughtful!
3) breakfast selection has improved, they rotated the food on all 4 days of my stay - (tip - a must try is the puffy looking bread roll with black sesame seeds - together with the danish pastries/croissants basket) - delicious and it was staple diet everyday, got me hooked on it.
4) as I have more time and also second stay in Metro, found short cuts whilst taking 6015 bus and also getting to the Euljiro 1-ga subway station. A literal 2-3 minutes walk. Amazing!!

Room Tip: Don't be fussed up about smoking or non-smoking rooms. I have stayed twice in smoking rooms and...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Taipei101

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for three nights and like the other reviewers have pointed out, the location is excellent right in the middle of the Myeong-dong area. As this area is a shopping, restaurant and bar area, it also makes it a bit noisy. You can hear the noise of people partying all through the night (bars close at 5 am or 6 am), so it would be advisable to bring with you some ear plugs when staying in this hotel.
Otherwise, the rooms are modern, comfortable and clean, although a bit on the small side. The breakfast buffet is basic but sufficient. Free wifi is available in all of the rooms. There are also computers in the lobby, the guests may use. For the cost of a room, this hotel is well worth the money.
The reason we would not stay in this hotel again, is the lack of service by the staff. The staff didn't speak English very well and could not understand a lot of the times our questions. They were not very helpful either in explaining how to get to the airport, how to get to some sights and how to book a tour. There was one incident where they were outright rude to us. I would book another hotel in Seoul next time, just because of this.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank alo6
suhyunlee7521112, Guest Relations Manager at Metro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us during your stay. We appreciated all your comments on the review and apologize for not meeting your expectation at some points.
Ensuring our guests have a good night’s sleep is one of our top priority and while we are privileged to be located in Myeongdong, putting you just minutes from shopping, dining and entertainment, it can be a bit noisy, so all rooms are furnished with comfortable beds, extra pillows, blackout blind, and double glazing to ensure a good night's sleep.
We are happy that we were able to provide the modern, comfortable and clean room, as you mentioned. As for the size of our rooms, room dimensions and photos are available on our official website so that everyone can have clear information of our rooms before booking. For the benefit of direct booking to us, on-line special rates are also available on our website.
We offer complimentary breakfast, Wi-Fi in guest rooms and PC at the business center for guest’s comfortable stay. Thank you for mentioning it.
Lastly, we are devastated to hear that our service did not meet your expectations. We apologize you were not able to get helpful information and a pleasant experience during communication with us. However, we would like to explain that we always try to sincerely offer warm friendly service to the guests. Please kindly understand that we are having difficulties because English is not our first language even though we try hard to improve our English. We do apologize if you felt we were rude to you. We adapt our services all the time based on guest feedback. We will re-check our English skills and service quality very carefully, and make an effort for the betterment. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you endured.
We would like to have another chance to give you the experience you wished for. If you plan to come to Seoul again, please contact us.
Thank you very much.

Sue Lee
Marketing Manager
Metro Hotel Co, Ltd.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel through tripadvisor. It received many excellent reviews so my family decided to book at his hotel for 3 nights. From the airport we boarded the 6015 bus. It took around 1.5 hours to reached the bus stop near the hotel. We had a hard time looking for the place. It would certainly help their guests if they have their own hotel pick up service. The hotel facilities are average. The rooms are clean and bed is comfortable. We initially wanted a non-smoking room but since there was no available room at the time of our stay , they made sure that the room was freshened up. The staff are very helpful, but some are having a hard time communicating in english. The location was great, since it's in Myeondong shopping district, near the subway and the Seoul city tour bus stop. There are a lot of restaurants around the area so having a taste of korean cuisine was never a problem. Overall, we would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank wisteria_12
Reviewed March 30, 2013

It was my first time visiting Seoul with my wife, and was recommended to this hotel by a friend of mine. An absolute gem of a place.The hotel staffs speaks good English and the hotel is very close to subway, and Myeong Dong shopping district. I had initially asked for a non smoking room for 6 nights, however there isn't any available, and was offered a smoking room instead, which they promised to ventilate and freshen it. Promise kept :)

Only con being they are so popular, getting an additional night extension was not possible.

Recommended this hotel to my brother who will be going in Aug and we will definitely return if we visit Seoul again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this gem of a hotel for four nights in March 2013. The hotel is close to an airport bus stop and in the popular Myeongdong shopping center. The room we got was clean and comfortable with an excellent shower. Front desk staff was friendly and always willing to help. The reservation process was handled smoothly by quick and responsive emails. We would recommend this hotel to any one.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Clean, comfy and accessible. My sis-in-law found this through the tripadvisor and we all did not regret it.

It was not flashy and the facade was not even attractive but the rooms were great. it was clean and right in the middle of Myeongding's shopping center. except for the non-english speaking staff who would mot dare communicate with you, the front desk officers were very accommodating and helpful. If my family and I will go back to Seoul, there is no doubt that we will go back and stay in this hotel

Room Tip: check in time is 3pm and there is no chance that one can check in early. we arrived at about 8am a...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pinky C
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This was my first time to visit Korea and i decided to rely on Tripadvisor in search for a hotel. Metro hotel popped up and I decided it based on the good reviews and the reasonable price. And I do not regret :-)

I stayed at Metro Hotel from 15-21 march and I enjoyed the central location of the hotel - easy access to metro and easy to change metro-line. I was curious about the rooms and breakfast since those topics have been mentioned in the reviews. I booked the smallest non-smoker room available and very sufficient for a single person. I spent all my time exploring Seoul and was so tired in the night that i didn't really pay attention to the noise from the streets on few of the days.
Complementary breakfast was good and sufficient to get the day started and otherwise Seoul is full of eateries, cafés and restaurants.

I got a call a few days before departure to confirm my arrival and during my stay a similar great service was provided. English was sufficient (i have nothing to compare with) but it was not easy for them due to me being Korean by appearance :-)

I noticed these cards to put on the bed (or for towels) wether or not you want to get new bed sheets etc. I placed a "no need to change" since it wasn't necessary but everything were changed.

This is not last time to visit Metro Hotel and would recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo