“Great Hotel. Friendly staff. Perfect location.”
Review of Metro Hotel

Metro Hotel
Ranked #9 of 552 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My life partner and stayed here during the Chusoek holiday in 2012 and it was amazing. It was our first time to Seoul after living in Busan for about (2) months. The location was central to all types of activities and was (1) minute walk to a subway. The best part over all was a western style breakfast was included in our price.

The rooms were small but perfect for what we needed. Quiet, comfortable place to stay. The television was great and would help us wind down after a long day of touristy activities. Great bathroom with a tub, if you request that type of room, was quite nice and came with little toiletries.

Great experience!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Miten P
SkySong, Sales & Marketing Team Manager at Metro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear MR/MS Miten P

Greetings from Metro hotel, Seoul!

Thanks for staying with us during the Chuseok holiday and your time to write a review on the Tripadvisor. I hope you had a wonderful time in Busan as well as in Seoul.
We were very glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast. We offer complimentary breakfast for those who makes their booking directly to the hotel.
We appreciate your review again and look forward to seeing you again at Metro hotel.
Thank you.

Warmest regards
Sky Song

Write a ReviewReviews (1,311)

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I've tried but I can't seem to find anything to complain about. True the size of the room is not as big as other hotels but considering how much the rate is you'll actually get more value for the price. It also seems like management tunes in to past reviews. What I've read prior to booking is that they needed to improve the breakfast buffet and they definitely did in my opinion. We stayed a total of 4 nights & each morning they managed to change up the menu a little bit. It didn't feel like eating exactly the same thing everyday. Luckily the yogurt was served daily because it was truly delicious.

The location is perfect. Three minute walk from the Airport Bus & 2 minute walk to the subway. You don't even have to cross any streets. Walking distance to most tourist attractions. Tons of places to eat. We fell asleep through dinner time, woke up at midnight & was able to get food at the restaurant beside the hotel. They close at 3 am.

Absolutely clean. We stayed for 2 nights in one room, checked out for overnight trip to Andong, then came back for 2 nights in another room one floor up. The common areas were neat & clean as well. Only one elevator but we never had to wait at any time. Also would like to mention we dropped off our luggage early morning prior to check-in & left our luggage on our overnight trip & had no issues at all when we came back.

Complimentary fast speed internet:). We had 2 laptops & smart phone, connection was good at all times.

Superb customer service. I think the biggest strength of Metro Hotel is its employees. From booking, breakfast staff, housekeeping, reception including those that greeted us warmly at the door made us feel happy to be there. Not gonna go into details but special mention to Ms Sky Song who helped us ease through a difficult situation:).

Thank you so much for a wonderful stay. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank craulocsol

Dear Ms. craulocsol

Hello from Metro hotel, Seoul!
Hi. This is Sky Song from Metro hotel. Thanks for your review on the TripAdvisor after your recent stay at Metro hotel.
We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast. As you mentioned, we have been working on the breakfast menu and continuously still trying to find a way to improve. Also, we have been updating the equipment in every guest rooms in order to improve network quality and speed. We appreciate your comment concerning our custimer service as it is what we strive to be focused on.
Many thanks to your review again and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Warmest regards
Sky Song

Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is my first time to stay there as last year I can't book this hotel because of fully booked. The price is a reasonable but the location you can't ignore . Situated at Myeongdong with many restaurant close by , not only few mins. walk to subway but also shopping centre, Myeongdong area always packed with tourist and you can spend you time even at night. Also the hotel is seems a little bit outskirt, so you still have a quite place but convenient to go everywhere. Provided that free wifi and breakfast included, so I dont think you will refuse to choice this hotel. Not to mention that a nice staff always welcome you, it will give you a warm feeling everyday. The deluxe room is big enough for three peoples and the hotel is thin wall and window you can hear the voice from street or next room, but being a tired tourist walking around for shopping and sightseeing all day, this is not a big headache you will easy sleeping even a little bit noise.
i recommend this hotel to my friend and will stay it again next time

Room Tip: I think choose a higher floors have less noise at night.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank zartme
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Metro hotel is located in the downtown Myeongdong shopping district, very convenient access to airport bus and the subway station. It is situated in a quiet sidestreet so it is not noisy at all, very quiet at night.
Plenty of restaurants and street food at night.

Room is very small, Tokyo-sized, well, at least the one I stayed in.
Clean with basic amenities and also has lots of tv channels, mostly Korean though.

There is free wifi throughout the hotel and tied to the room as each room seems to have a wifi router. Mine unfortunately, didnt work throughout my 3 day stay even though I told the staff about the non-functioning wifi. The staff didnt fix it at all.

Breakfast is provided buffet style in the mornings and there are asian as well as western options. Things like cereal, eggs, porridge, sausages etc.
So, plenty of food and the food is quite tasty as well.

The price is really good for the location, free wifi, breakfast and did I say location?
Be sure to book early as this hotel often sells out the cheaper rooms quick.
Will definitely stay there again when visiting Seoul.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Ronnie A
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed at Metro Hotel from 23 Sept to 30 Sept 2012. Its location was awesome - two mins' walk from the airport bus stop and five mins' walk from Euljiro-1ga metro station. From Incheon airport, take bus 6015 (10,000 won per ticket), alight at ibis hotel after ~90 mins' ride, walk down towards KEB bank, turn right into an alley after the bank, walk straight & u will reach metro hotel. From the same bus stop, you can take the same bus back to Incheon airport (loop service). As metro hotel is located at the outskirts of myeongdong, I enjoyed peaceful nights in my room without the noise (comprised of diff kpop songs playing at stores, salesgirls screaming for attention, and people talking loudly to be heard) blasting from central Myeongdong. Yet it is two to ten mins' walk to delicious street food (highly recommend hotteok) and famous eateries (highly recommend myeongdong Kyoja, two two chicken & Wangbijib).

The receptionists at Metro hotel spoke good English. The staff (i.e., receptionists, cleaning crew, security guards) will greet us warmly whenever we leave and return to the hotel. The breakfast buffet did not have a very wide spread (~8 dishes) but was sufficient for me. A typical spread includes bread, cereals, miso soup, eggs, dumplings, sausages, yoghurt, dumplings, coffee, tea and packet juices. The handmade yoghurt was excellent. If the breakfast ain't enough for you, there are plenty of cafes around (e.g., Paris baugette, coffee bean, angel-in-us, waffle cafe). The breakfast buffet time is 7am-10am which is slightly early for me as I shop till late and (correspondingly) wake up late.

I made a reservation for deluxe room which accommodates three people nicely. It is spacious and clean. Pls note that they do not provide toothbrush or toothpaste. Both Sue and Lebecca were prompt and efficient in their correspondence on room reservation. Also note that they only accept credit cards and full payment is made upon check-in. You can borrow an adapter from them with a deposit of 10,000 won.

• Stayed: September 2012
5  Thank luffy85
Reviewed September 22, 2012

What great hotel the Metro Hotel is. First, the 6015 limousine bus from Incheon is only a five minute walk from the hotel (get off at the IBIS Hotel Myungdong). There are two subway lines within a short walking distance from the hotel - the #2 Green Line (Euljiro 1-ga Station) is behind the hotel and a short 2 minute walk. The other line is the #4 Light Blue Line (Myungdong Station) is about 7 minute walk. With these subway lines nearby, all of Seoul is reachable. The hotel is in an alley that is in the heart of shopping district. There are plenty of clothes shops, boutiques, and eating places around the hotel.

The room I stayed at is classified as a business room, which I suppose to mean is a room designated for business people who do not require all the frills of a luxury hotel. The room is small, well maintained and clean, but efficiently laid out so the size never was a problem. In fact, I thought of it to be very cozy. The bathroom was clean and had a nice selection of toiletries. In fact, I was surprised at the amount of toiletries as it rivals some of the 5 star hotels. The TV had a fair amount of english channels (CNN, BBC, etc.,).

Breakfast is included in the hotel rate, and it was sufficient. It is served in the dining room in the 9th floor, which gave view of the surrounding area. Usually the choices are some sausages, fried rice, cereals, breads, and salad. On some days, there were scrambled eggs, rice porridge, and dim sum. Do not expect the breakfast to be the same as those of the 5 star hotels were the choices are endless. The choices at the breakfast at the Metro Hotel was adequate and good.

I arrived at the hotel around 6:00 PM after a very long flight from the US and check-in was smooth and efficient. I was in my room in 10 minutes. The check-in staff were friendly and extremely helpful. The hotel is very popular and reservations were done through e-mail. It was not instant room confirmation. When I made reservations, I got a response within 24 hours, but the original dates I wanted were fully booked. My alternate dates were equally full, but what was suggested was that I would have to move rooms after 3 days. I liked that the hotel was able to accommodate my dates, even though the room I wanted was not available throughout my entire stay.

Would I stay at this hotel on my next visit to Seoul? Absolutely! Would I recommend this hotel? Absolutely. For the price, it was a good choice.

Room Tip: The single rooms (Business Category) are at the front of the hotel facing the bank building in the f...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank ArchiBoi
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Overall good memory of the stay! Price-wise: its not that cheap, also not the most expensive. Generally, hotels in korea not cheap. (or mayb inflation?) Room-wise: The first room given to us was not ideal, we booked deluxe. (it was small, odd shape and has a big "pillar" that sort of divide 2 single beds. Beds in Korea for 2 persons are really quite narrow. We are 2A1C) After we changed to another deluxe, it was much bigger n better with 1 single and 1 double bed! Breakfast place very homely. Though selection is not a lot, we enjoyed the food. Quite Japanese-like. Location wise is good. It is in the heart of Myeongdong yet not too near the noise. It is like at the back of myeongdong. Best to book directly with metro hotel which comes with breakfast. If book fr agoda etc, no breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2012