Metro Hotel
$70
$213
$198
1,326 results
All reviewssmoothie kingbook directly with the hotelqueen roomthe security guardyogurteuljiro il gafamily suiteexcellent locationrice ballsmyeongdong areacomplimentary breakfasteuljiro stationair purifierthe ground floorincheon airportthe hotel websitebreakfast room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Aftermuch research we choose the Metro, so happy we did. Short walk to the airport bus stop, Lotte shopping and every kind of restaurant and shops nearby. The staff was very friendly, the room is small, however well appointed. Laundry facilities on site, a very nice breakfast with some western choices. In the evening this area is the hub for all the street vendors and food carts. We felt completely safe and really enjoyed how lively this part of Seoul was. Noise was not a problem, save your money and stay here.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank freckledcubfan
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic hotel close to the metro, which makes it easy to explore the city. We used the dry cleaning and laundry service - both great. The breakfast is very simple, but the hotel is so cheap you can go out for breakfast and still keep your budget.

If you travel Seoul by taxi, remember bringing a card from the reception with the address written in Korean.

1  Thank Lisa_NOR
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My friend and i stayed here for 8 nights in total. Everything was excellent during our stay. the front desk staffs are extremely helpful, they speak fluent japanese as well as English. We often ask them to recommend good restaurants nearby and it never disappoint us !

The housekeeper was extremely hardworking I would say. We often left our room MESSY before we went out. But when we were back, we were shocked and felt a little ashamed to see everything in the room was so tidy. Our shoes and slippers which was all over was neatly arranged. they even arrange our stuff in the bathroom so it look neat.

I would strongly recommend everyone to stay here, would definitely come back again!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kkabyul
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We booked a business single and a double for 2 nights as a stop over on our return to Australia from London.

We were looking for somewhere with a great location so I could just step outside and do some shopping and with eating places very nearby so that we didn't have far to walk. With such a short time to see a bit of Seoul we decided that the Metro would suit us, and we were right. It is such as great location, I especially like the night markets practically at your door step. I thoroughly enjoyed wandering through the maze of streets around the hotel and found that I never really got lost.

Because it is such a popular choice, and we booked a bit late, we had to change the double room after 1 night, but it wasn't really a hassle and the staff made it as easy for us as possible and we only had to move one room away so that we could stay close to our other family member. We just made sure our bags were zipped up when we went out in the morning and when we returned our bags had been moved into the new room and everything was fresh and clean and ready for us. We felt as though we hadn't moved at all, except the 2nd room was slightly smaller.

Breakfast was included in the rate, which was just a bonus to us, so we felt that the meals on offer were quite adequate. I always enjoy if there is a local choice at any buffett and Metro delivered on this. There was a choice of cereal, yoghurts, bread and croissants and well as hot option.

Metro Hotel represents great value for money in a great location, and the staff are lovely and helpful.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank kerryandjake
Reviewed September 3, 2012

For my journey home in August from studying a year in Hokkaido, I booked early on due to it being popular here. After spending 4 nights in a business single, I can see why rooms go fast. Aside from the reasonable price (It was still half the cost to go via Korea than fly out of Narita back home, so I consider this a bargain!) , it's a hop, skip and a jump from a plethora of shops and restaurants as well as a subway stop that can easily get you everywhere in Seoul (including Incheon airport). The room was small but cozy, clean and very appropriate for my needs which honestly were not much more than a comfy bed and some running water for the bathroom. Some may complain that the breakfast spread is limited. I agree to an extent, but I am one who doesn't need much to get me going in the morning, and the lobby shares a glass wall with a smoothie king which was great for battling the humid weather. The staff was kind, spoke excellent English (and even some Japanese if it ever came to that), and much credit goes to Emily for giving me plenty of recommendations on activities to do in a day and how to get there. Without you all, I don't think I could have gotten much more out of my first time in Korea. Thank you very much for making my first time in Korea a memorable one. It was an amazing couple of days in a country that I easily fell in love with. I will definitely consider this place again if I ever make it back, which I would not mind doing at all. In the meantime, I hope you all enjoyed the chocolate.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo