See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 13, 2016

I went with family and friends for a wedding in Seoul. The bride and groom checked out several hotels in Gangnam and chose this one because they had the best beds and pillows for us Westerners, and the staff was very friendly.

We arrived early in the morning at Incheon Airport. The KAL shuttle dropped us right next to the hotel. When the bellman saw us coming with our bags, he RAN down to meet us. The check-in was very easy, and they let us check in early.

After settling in, the bell staff was very helpful in giving us subway directions. The stop was just a couple of short blocks down the street; very convenient, and the subway system was really easy to use.

As other people have written here, the heated toilet was great! And it had a really good bidet, with lots of options. (Didn't quite understand them all.)

The beds were a bit on the hard side, but very comfortable, and the pillows were great.

The one drawback in this hotel was the heating system. You could not turn it off! Fortunately, we could open our window, and that worked fine for us. We quickly learned to just wear lighter clothes to breakfast, as the dining room was also very hot.
Speaking of breakfast - it was fantastic! They had all the usual western breakfast foods, bacon; sausage, eggs; omelette bar; fruit, etc., along with a wide variety of Korean foods.

The gym and spa were for men only. The bar isn't really conducive for hanging out, and it was a bit expensive. There are lots of stores (mini-marts) and restaurants right outside the hotel. The location was great.

And again, the staff couldn't have been nicer and more helpful! I would definitely stay again at Hotel Samjung.

• Stayed: February 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 26, 2016

good hotel, nice location near to the Subway station...even KAL Limousine stop is 2 mins walking. My suggestion is to improve the breakfast menu, can increase the options tough i am not a vegetarian but need some more options for vegetarians also.

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled on business
1  Thank sumit v
Reviewed November 26, 2015

I stayed here for 2 nights will attending a meeting. The hotel is in Gangnam, and is thus reasonably accessible. There is a KAL shuttle to ICN, and the express subway line 9 gets you to/from GMP in ~30 minutes.

The hotel itself is a little dated. The furniture, etc., is fairly old. The carpets aren't particularly clean, and the rooms smell of smoke. My first room, despite being non-smoking, had a particularly bad smell of smoke; I immediately requested a change. My second room was *much* better, but the carpet still had a faint smoke smell. The bathroom was functional but dated. Overall, a decent hotel, but nothing spectacular.

Free wifi was included, but speeds were poor. Free breakfast was included, but service starts @ 7am, which was too late given my schedule, so I couldn't partake. However, food in the restaurant for other meals was generally good. The staff was generally helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled on business
1  Thank VivekSub
Reviewed November 16, 2015

good quality and clean room a restroom it great! a location far 7-eleven a little bit can wait to go there and subway it so far a little bit too (for more then 7-eleven ). so hard for traveler have a big baggage.

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2015 via mobile

Good hotel, warm and good reception
Easily accessible.
I liked the toilets very modern and had a room located at a very strategic location.
Had variety of food to serve yourself and the serenity of the restaurant is something I liked.
Was able to visit the city and the guide from the hotel was helpful.
Improvements to include the room lighting system, electric plugging, especially closed to the bed. Probably to provide two keys, that will provide alternative charging even when one is away from the room.
Regards