Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 10/29/21
Priceline$53
Trip.com
Travelocity
All reviews james joyce convenience stalls metro station within walking distance shopping area enjoyed my stay pleasant stay night market convenient location chungmuro busan rates
Selected filters
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This hotel is total value for money, what makes it is the great location and the very helpful and freindly staff (they even remained polite whilst a rude guest wouldnt listen). This has the basics, shower, kettle, tv with a couple of English channels - BBC,CNN, very comfortable bed, room service and telephone. What it didnt have was free coffee or breakfast (other than on a Sunday and Monday), a room safe, my room didnt have wired internet and lobby had free wifi. However, marts and coffee houses and burger joints and bars and restaurantsa are a plenty and just round the corner. Location is great in that the shoppoing area, metro stop, bus tour stop, Hanok, village, Seoul Tower, police station, etc etc are all walking distance. Just think to stay in another hotel, that has a room safe, free tea/coffee, breakfast etc you are paying a lot more for things that arent that important in the grand scale of things to stay in a price freindly hotel which is really safe, and have very helpful freindly staff. My only real gripe is that the rooms coulkd do with a little freshing up - the main area is the room carpet - just either get rid of ther old worn, dusty carpet or replace it or give this a very could steam clean - apart from that no real moans for a very good value for money hotel will stay there again.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Kansman
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Very basic hotel , decent sized rooms. Great location - walking distance to main shopping area and lots of great places to eat. Beds were good but the pillows were fantastic so soft and comfortable. They only offer buffet breakfast on Sunday and Monday so we didnt get to try this.

Date of stay: September 2012
2  Thank Craig H
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed for 4 days at Astoria Hotel and found that this hotel have a very great location. Only 50 m to the nearest metro station and walking distance to Myeongdong Shopping Area and Hanok Village. The hotel was also nice, tough it's an old one but well maintained. The room was quite big, and if u're lucky u can get N tower view. The staffs were very helpful even some of them have a bit difficulties in using English, they will do their best to help u get u need.
Overall this hotel was very recommended, plus the price is quite cheap compared to others at the same area.

Date of stay: June 2012
1  Thank DezDania
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We came from Busan to Seoul and stayed at Astoria. Its location is great, only a short walk from Exit 4 of Chungmuro Metro Station. The front desk staff could speak English well but not very helpful. We requested a room not facing the main road. Our room was quiet and had a view of Namsan Tower.

There were only 5 hangers in the closet. We requested more to hang our clothes but they said they had no more hangers. Weird! The room was not cool enough and one of the staff said that the air-con system was a centralized one. Even though there was an air switch, the temperature couldn't be adjusted. However, another staff said that the temperature could be adjusted. I said I couldn't handle the switch because I couldn't read the Korean language on it. She said she would send someone to help me. But later she called and told us to switch it again by ourselves. The room was hot and we woke up every night before dawn, sweating!

When we checked-in on Friday, the staff told us that there was free breakfast for us. We were delighted because it was out of my expectation. We woke up earlier on Saturday to get the coupons for our free breakfast. However, we were told that free breakfast was only available on Sunday and Monday. Again, the staff hadn't given us the full picture.

Rooms are old, dark and out-dated. The room size is OK, not small. The toilet is quite big. The mirror is up at the desk but it's too dark for us to see clearly. Wi-fi is only available in the resting place/lobby. This's not convenient. It's good that we can have free use of computers in the resting place.

There's free shuttle (you must reserve with the front desk beforehand) from Astoria to Sejong hotel where you can take the airport bus no. 6015 to the Incheon Airport. This's really a bonus to us because it was raining the day when we left for the Airport. We didn't need to walk and drag to the bus-stop with our luggage in heavy rain.

As advised by other travellers in Tripadvisor, there's really a problem with its housekeeping. On my last day of stay, I lost the box in which I used to put my alarm clock during travels. It must have been thrown away by the housekeeper. Since it's nothing of value, I did not report it to the front desk. But residents should take note of this.

In terms of the cost and location, it's worth staying.. But if you hate hot and stuffy rooms, don't consider this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2012
1  Thank WanHongKong
Reviewed August 26, 2012

location wise, this hotel is really great. it's within walking distance to Myeongdong (so you can really stay out late and just walk back) and it's mere minutes away from Chungmuro station. there are convenience stalls and other shops near the hotel, so it's quite a nice location. For those who wants to hang out at Myeongdong the whole time, this is the place to be. Given that Chungmuro station was connected to other lines as well, it's pretty convenient to travel around.

Services wise, i felt like the counter was rather mediocre. I had some queries regarding calls to Busan, and the counter staff who answered my call just sounded very lazy. During the period i stayed there we weren't entitled to breakfast, so I've no comments about it. My family and I were there for 3 nights, and the first day we were there, our room had really heavy cigarette smell (i wonder why). The room is pretty big, but we could tell that it's pretty old. No fancy flatscreen, and even the lights/aircon doesn't really seem to function properly. There were basic toiletries provided, and the toilet was digital, so that was was the only cool thing about the room. Rooms are cleaned daily, and our room was kept pretty clean. We were not able to access wifi from the room, it's accessible in the lobby so that wasn't very convenient as well.

Date of stay: August 2012