Ramada Seoul Hotel
$146
$136
Travelocity
$141
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I was recently in Seoul for a business conference and through the conference booking agent, reserved a room for the 4 nights there. We arrived around 8:45PM and were shown to our room. W were on the 5th floor and it was immediately obvious that the lobby and hallway were quite old and needing updating. Once in the room, things ere even worse. But, it was late and we decided to hit the buffet in the hotel restaurant, which wasn't terribly bad, just a bit chilled since they closed at 9:30PM.
Back into the room, there was the queen bed we reserved, but it also had an additional double bed in it, making for hardly any floor space. Once our shoes were off, we noticed the rug felt sticky and on further inspection, clearly hadn't been cleaned in a long time. Several old cigarette burns on the floor and rug, and thick grime on the rug along the baseboard area. The room had a strong old cigarette smell despite being a no smoking room, and a strong deoderizer use to try and compensate for that. We eventually found a source of a sour smell, some guest had vomited in the past, behind and beside the bedside table, the wall and rug, and had never been cleaned as it was thickly crusted and flaking.
On top of that (as if not enough already) the bathroom had not been cleaned either, old soap in the soap dish with hair on it, the sink and soap dish coated with thick soap scum (that easily washed off when I cleaned them with a wash cloth). Also, the lamp had a frayed cord that had been repaired with electrical tape and the lamp in the closet came on and off all night long.

We decided early in the morning that we couldn't stay any longer. I was able to find a different hotel close to the convention center albeit at a much higher cost (see my Park Hyatt Seoul review). The desk clerk seemed to be genuinely concerned about the issues, but when the manager appeared, he did not even address us, said something to the clerk and left. They did take the cost of the buffet off our tab. We wrote to corporate headquarters seeking there imput into the conditions we had found and they offered a $50 US certificate for our next stay - thanks...
I have stayed at Ramada's various times in several countries and have always enjoyed the good accommodations they offer - but I would avoid this place. It did seem that there was construction ongoing in the hotel and other floors may be upgraded and better, as it seemed from other recent reviews, so buyer beware.
I gave it a Poor rating rather then a Terrible rating because of the response of the clerk and offering a refund on part of the stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank rjbrace
Chan K, Front Office Manager at Ramada Seoul Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for your check in Ramada Hotel Seoul! For your feedback we will timely communication with related departments, accomplish the corresponding improvement. To bring you trouble we expressed regret very much. We will in the next work do what I can, for guests to provide more high quality service,

Reviewed November 1, 2012

First, I should let you know that the road construction outside, mentioned in some prior reviews, is almost completed and no longer a source of significant noise. I had asked for a room facing the park instead of the road construction, but one was not available. Not a big deal like it would have been a couple months ago.

One of the few high points here is the mens' sauna on the lowest level (beneath the lobby.) It's a traditional Korean sauna, with hot pools, cold pools, steam and dry heat. Can even get scrubbed and massaged by a capable attendant for a fee.

The club lounge on the 14th floor is a pretty grim place, staffed by one grumpy attendant with a serious cold who should have been home in bed instead of sneezing on all the guests and their beverages and food. She acted like she was doing the guests a big favor when she put down her mobile phone long enough to do her job.

No electric outlets that would fit a western computer plug could be found in the Executive Lounge. Lounge attendant unwilling to help. Required that I make a phone call to the assistant manager before an adapter could be brought up.

Rooms are basic Korean "deluxe" rooms in much need of repair. For example the lock on my door did not work. The gap between "deluxe" Korean hotels and "super-deluxe" hotels is immense, in case you're not familiar with that system.

My room was furnished with an ancient desktop computer that I never used, since I had my own laptop. No wireless.

I could always find an English speaker when I needed one, since I don't speak Korean. Not all the staff was bilingual by a long shot, but they could always find someone to interpret or help out. That's really all one can ask.

Breakfast was generous and the items were good. Well pleased with that, and it provided a good start to the day.

It's walking distance to COEX (15 or 20 minutes) and if the weather is good, that's the way to go, since the cheapest grade of taxi will still cost 25,000 KRW, which is quite a lot for a five or ten minute ride. Subway and bus will get you close, but both require some navigation skill.

There are quite a few small restaurants and convenience stores around. They do have a concierge at the hotel, but the help he was able to give regarding transportation was pretty limited.

I stayed on the club floor because when I added up the cost of using the sauna, using internet in the room, and having breakfast at the hotel, it seemed like a good deal. I'll probably chose a different hotel next time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2012

It was our last night in Korea and we were happy that the tour organizers booked us at Ramada Seoul. Coming in from Ramada Dongtan, we already knew what to expect. True enough, it offered the same comfort and satisfaction as the previous one... we had a good night sleep and a satisfying breakfast buffet in the morning. What I particularly liked about our room was the big window and the great view that it afforded us. I believe all tourists, and we are no exception, love to take in all the sights during their stay in a foreign country. Having a great view from one's room window is indeed a plus factor in the choice of a hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2012

They have MRT construction going on n will be like this for a year. Make sure you ask for room facing the park not the street. I chose this hotel because it was close to the office I wanted to visit n it had good deal. Got upgraded to high floor but still very noisy.
The location is not too bad if you have business in that area. However there are not so many restaurants around, just cafe and mini mart.
The staff is ok n speak good English.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Chan K, Manager at Ramada Seoul Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Respect guests, thank you very much for your choice in Ramada Seoul Hotel, and share with us your check in experience, we are a opened in 2004, the international brand of the four-star hotel, hotel with excellent geographical location, personalized service and sweet and comfortable environment, by the domestic and international business traveler’s favor. We pursue high quality service concept, your feedback to improve our service level have very good reference, please believe that we have you have submitted special training to employees and put forward higher requirement for all our employees with more humble and more friendly attitude to service every guest. Thank you again and we share your comments, we look forward to your next check in to provide better and more human services, thank you.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I recently stayed for 3 nights on a Priceline deal. I am more trhan happy that I got a good rate as I would have been very unhappy to pay the normal rate based on my experience there.

I arrived at the hotel at around 3.30pm and was asked to wait a bit longer to ensure that i had a "quiet room" as I had requested. The "quiet room" faced directly to the main road and a very loud construction site! I was moved to another floor facing the back of the hotel facing a park which was great, nice and quite. However, next morning, at around 8am i coudl heasr loud drilling coming from a floor above INSIDE the hotel. I called reception who informed me that there was indeed some work going on in the rooms 4 floors above me! So i coudl only imagine how noisy the rooms above must have been. I was then asked if i would like to move room again. Unbelieveably they wanted me to move to a room facing the construction site again! (Outside the hotel they are building a new metro line). Eventually i got a new room that was quiet.

Although rteh room was quiet, it was very hot and teh air con woudl not go below 24.5 c, which for me is too warm to be comfortable. When i enquired, I was told that it was no longer the hot season in Korea, and that the air con did not drop below a certain temperature now! I asked for a fan, and they sent me a small one and informed me that i was lucky as it was the only one in the whole hotel! Thsi did make teh room comfortable though, so i was pleased.

The room itself was adequate , although the carpets, furniture etc looked quite tired and worn. They do need updating. The towels in the bathroom also seemed cheap and thin. Room service prices were just rediculous, but there is a mini mart just opposite the main entrance.

There is a metro station about 10 minutes walk away. They do provide a shuttle i think, but upon enquiring about timetables, I was told that it was being used only for a wedding party that day.

The staff were on the whole were very friendly, although some were professional but not so approachable. The doormen were all very pleasant. There is a bus stop for the airport just outside the hotel, which is very convenient.

Based on my own personal experience, I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back of the hotel if you wish to avoid construction noise.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank hemikiwi
Chan K, Front Office Manager at Ramada Seoul Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Honored guests, thank you live in our hotel, we are very sorry to hear that our service cannot make you feel satisfied, we have been committed to the employee training plan, to provide better service to the guests. We sincerely hope you during your stay relax, coruscate vitality. Sincerely look forward to in you again!