“walking distance from The famous COEX”
Review of Ramada Seoul Hotel

Ramada Seoul Hotel
Ranked #200 of 472 Hotels in Seoul
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“walking distance from The famous COEX”
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Hotel Ramada is situated on the very busy and most expensive area of Seoul that is Kangnam. The same street where hotel Ramada is situated has a range of hotels like Hotel Samjung, Hotel Novotel. Have been visiting Seoul every year since 2006 and have stayed in these three hotels viz, Ramada, Samjung and Novotel. All are equally good but Ramada will score over the others for its proximity to COEX centre where one can have more than enough to do what with theatres, an aquarium, food malls etc lined up in COEX. Please take extra care not to get lost in the COEX centre. The rooms at Ramada are cosy and the breakfast spread is also good. Not too sure(whether Ramada, Samjung or Novotel) but had visited a hotel Spa and the experience was worth it. A walk at night on the street across Ramada towards COEX and backwards towards Hotel Novotel is recommended to get a feel of the busy life of Seoul.

Room Tip: either rear view or road view
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
d.c. usa
Reviewed April 26, 2011

This could be the very worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Definitely the most uncomfortable bed.
Unfriendly staff, pictures must be 40 years old and retouched. I was only staying one night, and thought the location should be decent, but, to my disappointment, there was nothing about this hotel I could recommend.

Best advice.....skip it!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
10 Thank wanderingj60

Travelers are raving about these Seoul hotels

Portugal
Reviewed March 31, 2011

Got a room on the business floor. Rooms are just OK. but only in the last evenning I found Out that there was a business lounge on the top floor, nice i must say, where i could have a drink and smoke even though I asked at the concierge before.
Everybody either do not speak English or the few that did, did not made themselves clear enough. Exchange currency on most of the hotels is not a good deal but on this one is evn worst.
Internet very slow.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank Carlos B
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 18, 2011

When we arrived at the hotel, we thought the lobby looked a little different than the photos. The carpet in the room was stained, and the tiles in the bathroom were moldy. Apparently, we were upgraded to an executive room, but I can't imagine what a regular room looks like. The beds were so uncomfortable that the back of my head went numb in the middle of the night, and when we went looking for the pool shown in photos, we were told it was a men's only spa. That really sucked...

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank MaggieNYC_10
Seoul
Reviewed December 30, 2010

Bad, bad, bad experience, terribly poor attitude of some of the staff, who clearly have little or no experience in customer relations.

While the sleeping experience is ok, the unpleasantness of some of the staff have made what started out to be a great holiday an experience I shall never repeat. Stay here again? Not even if hell froze over and it was the last place on earth available with heat, I was freezing to death and had no clothes - no chance - avoid this place and find somewhere that doesn't seek to ruin an otherwise perfect holiday in a beautiful country.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank TaylorDeane
Thunder Bay
Reviewed November 8, 2010

I stayed at the Ramada Seoul for three nights in November 2010 after having spent a week in Vietnam and three nights at a hotel in the myeongdong area of Seoul.

The lobby appeared to be quite nice upon arrival, however, when I asked for my luggage to be brought to my room, I was told that I would have to wait 10 minutes for someone to come get it (I took it up myself). I was on a non-smoking floor, but definately could not tell by the smell. I think the smell was in the carpets. It appeared on first glance that the room had been recently rennovated, however, the job was done very poorly and looked dated when I looked more closely at some of the details. The lighting was terrible in the room, and two lightbulbs were burnt out. I had intentions of filling out the comment card that was on the bedside table, however, the card that was there had already been filled out by the guest that stayed in the room the night before. Obvioulsy, they don't actually collect the comment cards, which let me to question whether my room had actually been cleaned. The bed was really hard and uncomfortable and the drains made a loud gurgling noise whenever I ran the water, and sometimes when others ran water in their rooms. I tried to adjust the airconditioning unit, and put it on high, but am pretty sure it never did come on as it was quite warm in the room. There was rarely anyone at the concierge desk, and whenever I would go to the front counter for help, I always had to wait as there was either only one person working (and helping another guest), or there were two people assisting a single guest, and ignoring me.

I moved to the Ramada for the supposed convenience of the location in Kangnam near my scheduled appointments for those particular dates. I enjoy taking the subway system in Seoul due to its organization/convenience and was happy to hear that there was a stop located within 5 minutes of the hotel. It was more like 15 minutes to talk to Seollung station, which I was immediately not impressed with since I had a lot of meetings to attend. I ended up taking taxis much more than I would have liked to to the inconvenience of the subway station location and my tight schedule (at least taxis are not too expensive). It appears that there may be a more convenient stop in the near future with the extension of subway line 9, however, I don't konw when this will be completed.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
8 Thank melissatbay
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed September 13, 2010

The hotel is very old, looks like that it doesn´t have maintenance, and our room was very, very dirty: the beds, the floor and the bathroom, they all were dirty when we arrived. The staff is friendly, but the service was not good. It was a bad surprise for us, since most of the reviews in this site say the opposite about the hotel. We left the hotel the next day we arrived.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business