“great location, good value”

Fraser Place Namdaemun Seoul
Ranked #39 of 552 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Solid hotel in a great location in downtown Namdaemun. Seoul is more and more expensive these days and this is good value. the breakfast downstairs is pretty decent, and easy to catch a cab outside on the main street

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
남대문, 프론트 매니저 at Fraser Place Namdaemun Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear. Guest

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with us. We will continually work towards providing exceptional service to our guest.

We hope to welcome you again in near future.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I would give it a 4.5 out of 5 actually. I believe that Guest Services team could improve certain aspects of assisting hotel guests with flagging a taxi as the taxi stand nearby is always parked with buses and obstructing the way to the porte-cochere. Still, thanks to Terry for assisting me with my bag storage.

I was checked in by Jessica and Britney at the Front Desk and it was a pleasant and seamless experience. All necessary information was provided and nothing more so I could get to my room ASAP to rest after flight. These 2 ladies were very professional at their work and with perfect decorum. Britney also went out of the way to assist me with a request which I am most thankful for. The night shift Front Desk was run by the the guys like Andrew who would always greet me every time I strode past the desk. A special mention also to the housekeeping team who refreshes my room daily with impeccable standards. All laundry was also returned on time at reasonable cost. Thought I hoped that cut off time for laundry collection to be extended to 10am for same day return.

The room was definitely spacious and I just loved the idea of the touch-control bed lamps. As this hotel is new, all is in good working condition. The docking system for iPhone was a great addition to the living room. Shower has consistent hot water and also features a separate bath tub which is quite essential for Japanese tourists. Gym has the essentials and would serve its purpose for all core exercises. I did not visit the 16th floor bar though.

From the hotel facing the main road, turn left to hit Namdaemun Market and subsequently Millennium Hilton Hotel and 7 Luck casino. Alternatively, head left to the first alley which will open you to a variety of pubs and eateries. Go further down to City Hall train station. Yet further down to Seoul Financial Centre for restaurants. And further down again brings you to Gwanghwamun. You can't miss it.

All in all, I am a highly satisfied guest and like other previous reviewers, I am sure you will be satisfied too.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank PillowBook
남대문, 프론트 매니저 at Fraser Place Namdaemun Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Dear. Guest

We are happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable and thank you for sharing your favorable feedback with us. We will strive to provide our guest with best service.

If travel brings you back to Seoul, we hope that you will select our hotel once again.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

This Hotel is great! New and bright! You get to see the beautiful city through the windows. We booked the Premier Double Room, it has one bedroom and one living room. Living room is quite spacious. The couch can be turned into a sofa bed, but it's not comfortable to sleep. There is a cooking counter and dining table as well if you want to cook some instant ramen noodles. The room smells fresh. Bed sheets are clean. Front desk employees are very helpful. They let us storage our luggage because we had late train.

Location is fantastic! It is 5 min walk to Namdaemun Market where it has tons of street restaurants you can have local traditional Korean food ( at night when all the shops are closed, probably around 10pm or so, all the street stands will come out and you can sit there to eat great street food) It is 10 min walk to Myeong-Dong shopping center where you can find Lotte Department Store with Duty Free( you can find mostly shops are international brands you can find in your own country) and The Young Plaza across from Lotte is for young adults to shop local Korean brand clothing.

2  Thank amber z

Dear. Guest

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are extremely delighted to hear that your stay was pleasant one. We will continue to strive to provide our guest with excellent service.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

The hotel is great! The location itself is great, but not the most convenience. most taxi driver tends to miss it even with the detail address given by the hotel.
But the location is central of Seoul and we were able to access all tourist spot easily; even if we went by taxi, the cost is minimal.
The Premier room we were staying is spacious and well equipped. Breakfast is standard.
Just one complain is the air con, it is working, but the temperature adjustment varies greatly.
hotel staff is nice, but not are english speaking. I want to show my great appreciation to staff, Jessica Park, for assisting me when I have some lost items during my visit.

1  Thank yayass

Dear. Guest

Thank you for your valuable time to provide us with your comments which improve our service better. As for air-con, we have fixed the problem.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

PROS:
The hotel was great! a very big and new hotel. Location is superb, just 5 min. walk
approximately to Namdaemun Market, 15 minutes walk to myeong-dong shopping center.
The staff are courteous and friendly, the breakfast is good. and I love the bar located at the 16th floor wherein you can see the beauty of the city especially at night. I didnt have time though to see the fitness room and swimming pool since we were out on a tour almost the whole day for our 5 days stay there.

CONS:
Since the place is new, not all taxi drivers knows the place, even if you show them the hotel card with its address written in Korean

I only have a suggestion : the hotel should have an airport shuttle service even for an additional cost to ensure that the guest arrives conveniently at the hotel,

Room Tip: We stayed at room 713, a corner room which have 2 large windows, you don't need to turn the l...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank durian5

Dear. Guest

Thank you for your time to write this review. We are happy to hear that our service has met your expectation. We will pay close attention to other parts of our hotel operation for the guest convenience.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

When I was looking at a holiday in Seoul, all I wanted was a hotel somewhat central to Seoul city proper to allow for walking access to tourist sights. Fraser Place Namdaemun absolutely fits that as it's roughly a 10 minute walk from Seoul Station, 5 minutes from City Hall Station, 15 minutes from Gyeongbukgong, 5 minutes from Deoksukgong etc. etc. etc.

The Namdaemun in its name refers to the fact that it is basically opposite the Namdaemun gate (Sungyemun to some others). My room faced South and I had a towering view over the gate, a picture is as below.

Staff were extremely courteous, towels were changed daily and rooms were cleaned daily as well (a bit overkill personally, but when it comes to good service, who's gonna complain?)

Breakfast was provided as well, from 630am onwards and while the selection was limited, it was enough to choose from. Choices ranged from the typical continental type breakfast buffet spread to a bit of a Korean style breakfast - rice and small dishes at the side.

Facilities in the hotel included a gym and a sauna/spa on the 16th floor, and it's absolutely a beautiful place to work out as you get to see Seoul from high up. The spas are your typical cold and hot pools, with one hot pool indoors and one hot pool outdoors if you're into spa'ing in the great outdoors. It was a very relaxing place to go to unwind after a long day's sightseeing and loosen out the leg muscles.

All in all, I greatly recommend Fraser Place Namdaemun and would return in future.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side overlook the Namdaemun (Sungyemun) gate.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Soon Theam K

Dear. Guest

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are extremely delighted to hear that our hotel has met your expectation. We will continually strive to provide our valuable guest with the best service.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We hit a gold mine in the heart of Seoul, South Korea: triple occupancy, within easy walking distance of the Seoul Train Station and easily accessible to the business, government, cultural, and tourist sites that are the "soul" of Seoul. AND our residence-apartment style room (fully furnished with beautiful hard-wood flooring) was reasonably priced! Operations Manager, Mr. Matthew Kim and his hotel staff quietly do a superb job everywhere. Customer service is stellar! Complimentary breakfast buffet, while modest in nature, is worthy of a 5-star restaurant. Executive chef Mr. Min Sig Jeong of First Floor presents a perfect blend of healthful, simply prepared food, with complex tastes. (NB: Myself a diabetic, I found Chef Jeong's instinctive healthful food selections not only met my daily nutritional requirements, it also helped maintain my blood sugar levels without difficulty.) My husband and I, frequent international travelers, have experienced the best, good, fair and poor hotels in new, unfamiliar cities. By far, our newly found FRASER PLACE NAMDAEMUN, SEOUL, ranks among the best in our travels. We highly recommend Mr. Kim and his staff as a desired 4-star hotel destination. We will be back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Doreen H
남대문, 프론트 매니저 at Fraser Place Namdaemun Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Dear. Guest

Thank you for leaving such a good comments on us. We are happy to hear that our hotel met your expectation. We will continue to strive to provide our guest with best service.
We look forward to seeing you again.