“Great service and good location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel ShinShin

Hotel ShinShin
Ranked #17 of 469 Hotels in Seoul
“Great service and good location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2014

Cosy and comfortable room, great service, quiet and centrally located. The hotel is clean and well maintained though the room is little bit small but that can be easily dismissed because of it's other strong points.

Cityhall station is about 10-15mins walk away. Access to myeongdong and namdaemun market is so easy. Myeongdong is just less than 10 mins walk away while Namdaemun market is just across the road using the underpass located on the main road (Hotel shinshin itself is on a slip road less than 5 mins walk). Plenty of eateries and cafes around shinshin, also couple of convenience stores are mins away.

Incheon airport limousine (6015) bus stops on the main road very close to shinshin as well (Right outside the underpass which i mentioned above), so you get a convenient and cheap transport back to and fro airport (10000 won per pax).

Communication with staff at reception is not a problem as they can speak English very well. Did not opt for the breakfast since there are many more options offered right outside hotel.

Was attended by Olivia and Charles most of the time, very polite and service oriented, they made my stay there delightful. In fact, the night before i checked out, Olivia recommended that i leave earlier after checkout (my flight was in the evening) as it was their national day holiday and there is some festive event being held on the way to airport. Prefect recommendation! It was after i reached back my home country that i realised the Pope was there and the event was very near to City Hall station! Endless to say the whole road was packed. Luckily I managed to avoid that.

Pros: Hotel Location(Quiet yet so near to main attractions and major transport line), Clean rooms, good service.
Cons: Small room (I stayed alone so its OK but if i have another person with me, it will quite squeezy)

Definitely will return to this hotel if i visit Seoul again. Their new hotel is building right beside the current hotel. Once it open in mid 2015, it will be a lot bigger than the current operations. Hopefully, the quality of service and facilities remain as good!

Room Tip: Due to construction of their new hotel just beside, there maybe some noise during the day or when th...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank JonCh88
Warm greetings from Hotel ShinShin.

I would like to express my sincere appreciation of sharing your valuable comments. It is very heartwarming to learn that your stay was enjoyable.

Thank you so much for enjoying our facilities, amenities and services during your stay with us.
Your great comments have created such an encouragement for all of our associates. Learning how our guests enjoyed while staying with us brings excitement for us to push ourselves further for continuously improving our services.

Thank you again for sharing your valuable comments with us. Please feel free to contact me with your next trip plan to Seoul and I will be more than happy to prepare your arrival. This would be another opportunity for us to prepare a full enjoyment for you.

Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2014

Shinshin is centrally located and well-priced, with lovely rooms and terrific staff who are attentive and helpful (with strong English-speaking skills). There are many restaurant and shopping opportunities within a few blocks, and some of Seoul's most popular tourist sights are just minutes away. I plan to return whenever I visit Seoul.

• Stayed August 2014
      Cleanliness
1 Thank SingerLady42

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

Stayed at Hotel ShinShin for about four nights in July. First of all, we had such an amazing experience, the service was top notch, the rooms were clean, so cosy and comfortable. There is free wifi and a good TV with many channel selections. A really big plus is that the hotel is located in a very central location: its walking distance from two main metro stations and also in the vicinity of many restaurants, retail shops and convenience stores. Its also walking distance from the main shopping district of myeongdong hence great for all we late night shoppers out there! As mentioned earlier, the service is impeccable, we had a very early arrival on the day we arrived and despite the fixed check-in time of 3pm the staff arranged it so our room was already waiting for us once we had gotten there, this despite the hotel being fully-booked during that period. We really appreciated their dedication to ensuring we were as comfortable as possible and we were very sad to have to leave after those four nights. Overall, if you're looking for a comfortable, modern yet value for money accomodation during your stay in Seoul look no further. Shin Shin will be our hotel of choice the next time we are in Seoul without a doubt.

3 Thank JkoJJ

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

This hotel has recently been remodeled and is a good place to stay if you are just looking for a clean and well maintained place to stay with nothing fancy. The staff are helpful and assisted me with a dinner reservation. The bathrooms in the room are a bit weird if you are traveling with a friend as they are just separated from the beds by a clear glass window and no doors. The hotel also has free wi-fi and a good TV in the room. The airport shuttle bus is right outside on the main road and offers a great and affordable way to get back to your flight.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator and on the ends of the building.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank IndustrialWolf

Albany, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

I stayed one night in the first week of August. I stayed in a number of 5 stars-hotels in Seoul before, and I would say that the service of Shinshin hotel staff is as (or more) friendly, personal, attentive, and professional as those of 5 star-hotels. I can see/feel that the staff are trying their best to provide every guest with very best professional hospitality/service. As for the hotel condition/facilities/rooms, I would say that they are clean, convenient, and pleasant. Overall, when considering its price, Hotel Shinshin is an excellent choice, and I would recommend for everyone.

Pro: Great and attentive service/hospitality, a half price compared to 5 stars-hotels. Excellent location, plenty of eateries/choices around the hotel

Con: Rooms can be felt small for guests more than two.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Andrew B

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

We stayed at Hotel Shin Shin for four nights on our way through Asia for a family wedding. We made sure to ask for a king size bed and were assigned a room in the tower above the restaurant. Overall, we found the room comfortable and relaxing, and truthfully, more modern and cleaner than some hotel rooms we've seen in the US of comparable price. I know folks had issues with construction in earlier reviews, but we never heard it...though that might be because most of the heavy structural building seems to be done, and we always had the white noise of the a/c going when we were in the room.

Foodwise, there's a 7-11 down the block, and a few bakeries within a block or so. There's also a few 24 hour restaurants within two blocks that were great to visit as well! The hotel restaurant is "ok" and honestly, with the cheaper food options nearby, there's no need to rely on it if you don't feel like it.

Our only regret is that we couldn't stay longer and explore more of the area, as it's just up the block from Namdaemun Market, a great place to wander around!

1 Thank Altosong
신신호텔, PR 매니저 at Hotel ShinShin, responded to this review, August 13, 2014

Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

We took the opportunity to stay in a superior room, and really enjoyed our stay. The room, set in a separate building from the main hotel, was new, clean, and all the equipment was top-notch. Since the hotel is very modern, you won't get a cultural experience while staying, of course.

We found Shinshin to be an excellent base for expeditions around Seoul; the location is great and the room comfortable enough that you are always fully charged for next day's sightseeing.

4 Thank TapaniTT