“No problem there”
Review of Grammos Hotel

Grammos Hotel
Ranked #152 of 505 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed July 19, 2014

This is a small hotel outside the big streets of Gangnam. The location might not seem classy (the street is very narrow and not that nice), but the hotel itself is to my opinion excellent. Very small lobby, extremely helpful staff. I've stayed in an executive room and it was spotless. Nice bed. Excellent amenities. Quiet. The view was not nice, but that was not a problem for me. Very good value for money. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank gimalleo

Reviewed June 28, 2014

I stayed here with my girlfriend while visiting a friend in June. We loved this hotel, very hi-tec which is to be expected in Seoul. Staff were very courteous. The room was very spacious although a little dark and the swimming pool on the roof was a bonus. We loved this hotel and will definitely be back when we visit Seoul again soon.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank George P
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Stayed in grammos for two nights in June 14. It is 5 mins walk from yeoskam station, only one stop to gangam station, so location is very good. Lobby is small but bright and lovely lighting. Room was a comfortable size for the two of us. Bed really comfy. The toilet was tiny , with a separate shower which was great. We didn't eat or make use of pool or bar in the hotel, but overall we would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sabrina280980
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Spent four nights here while on business in Seoul. It is an easy walk from the Renaissance stop for the KAL airport bus. I was worried about finding it since I knew it was on a side street, but it has a nice bright sign at the top and is easy to find.

Reception had my room waiting since I arrived on an evening flight from North America.

There are 6 rooms on each floor on floors 2-11. I stayed in 506. If you care about a view, this is probably not the hotel for you. I had a view of the space between buildings. But I didn't book it for the view so I didn't care.

The bed was very comfortable. My only other experiences in Asia were in china whee the beds are concrete. This bed was very nice and there were plenty of comfortable pillows.

The shower was great, and tall with lots of hot water.

The only time I had a problem it was fixed quickly. The safe had malfunctioned with my things in it. Using the two words of korean i knew and lots of hand signals, I got the housekeeper to come in and see the problem. She called the front desk and a person was there quickly with a master key to open it. They suggested I reset the password. I thanked them and didn't lock the safe again.

The nearby convenience stores had plenty of items to grab that could be put in the refrigerator in the room.

The walk to Yeoksam station on line 2 is an easy one.

If I were to return for business I would gladly stay here as it is nicely kept and professional. I'm not wholly sure I would stay here for tourism as it is not close to the general tourist sites, but if you are looking to save money and willing to us the metro, it could be a good value compared to costs in central Seoul.

Room Tip: Rooms ending 1-3 face the street if you need to have a "view"
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank DavidG2010
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We just spent six nights here at this Hotel and would confidently recommend it to future travellers. Our decision to stay at Hotel Grammos was based initially on its location as it suited us with family not too far away and the second being the favourable reviews it had received. Upon cehck-in we were warmly greeted, despite language barriers. As english speaking New Zealanders our Korean was nil but staff all communicated well with us and we appreciate 'their efforts. The room was a delight, (we chose the Deluxe Room for 3, all adults). The facilities were great and the room very well appointed. The Restaurant we only used for breakfast on a few occasions and thoroughly enjoyed the range of goodies available as they catered for most. There is also a p\rooftop pool facility which was great to lounge around and enjoy a few beers. The pool was not available at the time as it was being prepared for opening on May 1st. The Manager Mr. Brian Lee made himself known and we enjoyed a number of friendly chats with him. He certainly has e great team with him, which is probably a reflection of his manor. There are many hotels that would benefit with a lesson in hospitality if they stayed here. Very handy to the hotel was a place called Paris Baguette which we also frequented, a 711 store which was well stocked and only metres away and a street food stall just down the road cooking beautiful prawns and other delights. Both buses and subway were very close or taxis are very cost effective.

Room Tip: Only saw our room but there are some very good options here.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank TonyatRotoNZ
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Instead of a large global chain, we decided to try a small boutique hotel. This hotel is located within walking station of Yeoksam Station. The hotel's appearance is like new, very clean and the staff is very friendly. There are about 10 floors with 5 rooms per floor. The hallways were all newly carpeted but the rooms themselves are not. Although not as comfortable as carpet, this is probably cleaner and easier to maintain for the hotel staff. The breakfast room is nicely decorated and there is even a private meeting room available that seats about 6 people. The food itself is your typical breakfast food with a reasonable selection for a boutique hotel. Outside the hotel there is a 24 hour convenience store and a Starbucks steps away. The only negatives we felt were lack of carpeting and the small window in the room. We didn't spend much time in the room but it would've been nice to have more natural lighting. The positives were many starting with the staff's friendly attitude and overall attention to detail throughout the property. It's a boutique hotel with minimum staff. There are times when you have to go down to the front desk where you would otherwise expect housekeeping to deliver to your room but it's a small compromise.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank MimiFromLA
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel as it has very good reviews on tripadvisor at a very reasonable price. Wanted to find a place near Lotte World and found Grammos Hotel which was only a few stations away. Hotel can be reached less than 10 minutes walk from Yeoksam station. Gangnam underground shopping is one stop away, where shopping is limited to ladies wear. I think selection at Namdaemun market is a lot better for family. Found a reasonable minimart at Yeoksam station exit 6 to pick up some groceries. The airport bus is in front of hotel renaissance located at the next street, very comfortable bus and highly recommended. The hotel room is modern and clean, comes with a Jacuzzi bath which my child enjoyed, which offers some comfort as the rooftop swimming pool was closed. The staff were helpful, helped us with the luggage to the room and from hotel to bus stop, and declined the tips. Also provided directions how to get to car rental company and helped with the operation of the washing machine, all with a smile. I will stay here again if I am with family. If alone on shopping spree, I would consider another hotel nearer downtown Seoul, which takes about 40 minutes to get there on the subway.

3  Thank Sally S