“Modern, spacious, great wifi, 50m from Renaissance Hotel and cheaper!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grammos Hotel

Grammos Hotel
Ranked #114 of 468 Hotels in Seoul
Lyon, France
“Modern, spacious, great wifi, 50m from Renaissance Hotel and cheaper!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

Booked this hotel after having read the reviews on Tripadvisor. Very happy that I did so! Was in Seoul for business and had several meetings in the Renaissance Hotel itself. I found the Renaissance Hotel very expensive and was looking for a cheaper hotel nearby. Very happy that I came here!

GOOD POINTS :
- Very easy to reach by limousine bus from the airport as indicated on Tripadvisor by another person. Get the limousine bus to the Renaissance Hotel. You can actually cut through the Renaissance Hotel. Go to level 3 and you go outside the hotel (Grammos Hotel is behind the Renaissance). It's around 50 meters behind the Renaissance!

- Very modern hotel. Very good size room.

- Great sized shower with rain shower. Loved this! Found the mirrors and lighting in the room very good too (to do makeup and get ready for business meetings).

- Very nice sized TV. Interesting to watch Korean tv shopping channels! haha

- Enough space for my suitcase

- I didn't try the breakfast but my colleague said it was very good with a lot of choice

- Very good wifi connection in the bedrooms

- Freezing outside in Seoul but the room was well heated.

- 50 meters away from Renaissance Hotel. I had lots of meetings here so the Grammos is very well placed. I told all my business contacts to meet me in the lobby of the Renaissance as it was so convenient to meet there (Grammos isn't well known apparently)

- Fitness center not very big but looked very good and modern.

- Very good price for the location !!!

NEGATIVE POINTS :
- People at reception weren't very friendly / smiley

- Yes the hotel is on a narrow street but I didn't care about that. Was a bit annoying when I got here with my suitcase as the road is a little steep but like I said I only had to walk around 50 meters with my suitcase like this...that was fine!

CONCLUSION:
- Will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank AmykWong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Santa Fe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 7-night stay at Grammos. It worked very well throughout our stay.

The room was too warm for us, but the heating was easily adjusted. The room was large for a big city hotel and bright almost to a fault when all the lights came on as you entered the room. That, too, was easily adjusted except that there was no mirror with proper lighting for applying makeup.

We had breakfast included and enjoyed the wide variety of both Korean and Western breakfast dishes in their buffet, which changed a bit each day.

The location is almost hidden, but that, and the small number of rooms on each floor, made it especially quiet. Their literature indicates that each floor has a different color scheme. Ours was red, for "Italian passion"!

It is a 5-minute walk to the nearest metro station and we found an inexpensive Korean restaurant very nearby that merited more than one visit...can't remember its name.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Marlene J
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Although the hotel is located on a narrow side street and in between 2 subway stations, it still came across as a luxurious boutique hotel. The small foyer was brightened up by a huge glittering chandelier. One lift services the rooms of which there are only 5 to 6 on each floor.

Room was spacious and the floor was heated (which will help in Winter but it was a bit too warm for early Autumn) Furniture and fittings within the room was very modern, futuristic looking and features an open concept bathroom area. The most outstanding feature in the room has to be the shower area. Generously sized, loved the deep green with gold streaks mosaic tiles and the huge rainfall shower. All gadgets in the room (and toilet) have been translated to English, Chinese and Japanese so it was easy to use them.

The laundry room (with 2 washing machines plus dryers and ironing boards) located in the basement next to the gym is free to use but instructions are not clear (Got a helpful person from reception to punch in the combination for me) and the clothes do not come out dry (after 1.5hrs in the dryer)

Buffet breakfast has a good spread (didn't have it daily, so not sure if the spread differs a little day to day)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Lynnesaur
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

New & clean hotel along a minor road on a slope at Gangnam area. This hotel may not suit huge group tour as the minor road to the hotel is very narrow, allowing probably just 1 vehicle at a time. A huge tour coach might find it really challenging to turn into the minor road. Stopping outside the hotel might cause a jam for vehicles coming in.

Great service from counter staff, specifically Brian. We went to hotel early, before checked in time to leave our luggages. When we were back in our vehicle, he noticed there wasn't any bottled drink in the car, he offered 2 chilled bottled water to us. Nice! When we came back at night, he helped us (2 ladies) with one of our luggages up to our floor. He went up with us, complement with explanation on the usage of the elevator and the opening of the room door (stayed in 2 more different hotels in Seoul, this is the only one that provides such service). Nice!

Comfy bed that gave us restful sleep through the night. Thumbs up! Will be glad to stay more nights if possible.

We were one of the earliest for the breakfast, and the only two there as there wasn't any diner during our breakfast. The food wasn't quite ready when we were there at the start of the breakfast time, nevertheless, the food came pretty fast. It will be even better if the varieties of good can be more. We had got the full attention of the service staff. Prompt clearance of dishes after we completed each round of breakfast.

Thanks Grammos for the great stay :)

Room Tip: Room comes with a nearly open concept - the doors to both the toilet & shower room though are ti...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank RebeccaNeoh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

10-9-13 to 10-18-13
Manager Brian Lee & his staff made our stay at the Grammos Hotel feel like we were home in Hawaii. From Check-in to Check-out everything was done with great service. Their communication skills were excellent. We had a great experience in Korea.

During our stay in Korea, we called Grammos home. We were always greeted with BIG, GENUINE SMILES from all the staff. The staff became like family right away. Their genuine concern for our happiness made us feel so comfortable.

Our room was clean, spacious, up to date, & the bed, wow the bed. The bed was so easy to fall asleep in. It helped us to recuperate from the day before. Don't know her name but our housekeeper for the 6th floor always kept our room clean. We will definitely tell our families and friends to visit Korea and stay at the Grammos hotel.

I wanna give a special shout out to Front Desk Host Elizabeth. During the last week of our stay she heard that I had a health issue. She always asked if my wife had eaten, even recommended a healthy place for her to eat. She always did her best to find answers to our questions. We always had a good laugh with her. The day we left to come back home to Hawaii she brought me ginseng hard candy. Something healthy for my body. Loved her Big Smiles always. Treated us like we were her own family. We also felt the same for her.
Never forget the chit chats with Chris, Peter, & Teddy. We had a great time.

And also shout out to housekeeper Lee Yong Ja

Also, we enjoyed the buffet. The restaurant staff was also amazing. Always helpful, greeting us with big smiles. Making sure we had everything we needed while dining. Always ready to make sure we had clean new plates whenever we went up for seconds. The food was also very nice.

We can't wait for our return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank All Smiles E
Sentosa Island, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We've stayed there for 5 nights. When we first checked in, the hotel staff were very polite and were conversant in English. As there were 5 of us, we had to take 2 rooms; double room and another is a single + double bed room. The room that I had was a single and double bed. The room was big for the 3 of us. As we were on 201, there isn't any 'view' at all. The shower and toilet were in a box-like semi-transparent blue glass. We had the jacuzzi in our room too. Unlike other hotels, the shower, toilet and jacuzzi are the 'open-concept'. As there were 3 of us in the room, there were enough mirrors at the wash-up area (4 mirrors) for us. They provided ironing board, but without the iron. We had to call and request for it, which they brought it up to us promptly. The cleaning lady was also very polite as we bumped into her along the corridor at times. The reception staff were very ready to assist us with where we were wanted to go (Nami Island, etc), and provided directions to get to our destination. There was once where we just walked out of the lobby, and the staff came running behind us, asking us if we needed help in getting to our destination. On our last day, we asked how could we get to the airport, and they helped us in getting a cab for us.

The hotel is situated beside an entertainment building, and around the area, it seems to be bustling with activities. For ladies travelling alone will have to take note when returning to the hotel at night. There are a couple of 24 hours cafes nearby. Nearest subway station is Yeoksam. We did not have our breakfast in the hotel as it was not part of the package when we booked through booking.com, but it gave us the reason to venture out and try out places for food.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank Aveline T
massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Just finishing a week at the Hotel Grammos. I agree with the positive reviews of others. Here are some additional thoughts and comments as well as directions to the hotel. The rooftop pool is small but adequate to enjoy a dip and swim short laps if not too many others are there. When I visited, I spent several hours at the pool on two occasions and no one else was there. This was probably due to the time of year but the wether was warm enough and the pool water was warm so I had my own private pool. Don't expect a lot from the "rooftop lounge/bar". All I saw was a small bar set in the corner of the pool area. The staff were very responsive to any requests. I had trouble with the TV one day and a young man from the front desk came up promptly and helped.
So definitely try this one out. I paid just over $100 per night through booking.com and had a spacious room (by Seoul standards) that was very well equipped.
To get there from Incheon Airport take the #6703 Airport Limousine bus. It stops at a number of hotels and takes about 80-90 minutes and costs 16,000 kwon (about $16). Get off at the Renaissance Hotel stop. As you stand facing the Renaissance Hotel walk to the left to the first corner. Take a right and walk a short distance to the first, very narrow street/alley on your left. Go up this street. You will see a sign for the Max Hotel. Walk by the Max, by a Healing Center, and by a small parking lot under a building all on your right. The Hotel Grammos will be the next building on the right. I arrived at night in the dark without specific directions like these and I had to wander around a few of these small streets and alleys before I finally found it. The next day in the daylight I noticed their signage a bit easier. But if you follow these directions you will have no problem. And when you get there you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 203 on the second floor. There was not much of a view but I was not here to sit in...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family