“Best sushi bar”

Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Jung-gu
Neighborhood: Jung-gu
Reviewed October 2, 2017

Experienced the sushi bar(omakase-chef's choice) and it was a great choice. Seating at the counter, you had a great view of Seoul through the windows at the back of the bar. Chef, was great, explaining the dishes, telling little jokes (would only speak English if it was raining (it wasn't), and made GREAT sushi. Ingredients are critical, he used fresh seafood, Don't really speak Korea, but chef was fluent in Japanese and did speak a little English. Regardless, made us feel comfortable and welcome to his space. Best sushi served in Seoul, comparable to what you would see in Japan. Chef made us feel so welcome, his invitation to return to see him again, felt real sincere. Never was asked to return to a restaurant before.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

It was a good experience sure. But being sat at the bar next to a family of four in a seemingly empty restaraunt doesn't coincide with what I consider experience. While the idea of having a set menu is understandable, when I pay 180usd per person I expect to be able to choose my own dishes and at very least have them explained to me in a one of a few international languages. (English, Spanish, Chinese). The Kobe play on a cheeseburger was an interesting idea but I actually had to napkin it in practice. Sharp cheddar and warm raw beef just wasn't a palatable experience for me. While I thought it may be a fun play on a comfort food favorite it just didn't get there. The only fish that stood out was the aged tuna. Again, not something I'm used to hearing.... Age and fish...... But however they do it, it was well done. The flair and design of the establishment are nice enough. Eloquent to the idea of minimalism. They accept credit cards and at this price I would think that is obvious. Beverages are rediculously over priced which I honestly felt was the theme of this Japanese restaraunt. Sort of place that attracts the "let's not bother about money" crowd. The scene is awfully quiet as well. I was worried I would either break something or wake somebody up. The food may be to excellent standard bit the experience as a whole for the value was meh. I didn't have fun and wouldn't make a point to return.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank Argh_Tee
Reviewed June 8, 2017 via mobile

We booked ahead and they saved us a private room. The room had just one table, a shelf, and clothes hanger. There was a big window on one side of the city view. The room had a peaceful atmosphere. Set dinner took a while (around 3 hours) because it seemed like the meal was timed. The seafood was really fresh. Fresh uni was memorable. We were stuffed leaving. Service was excellent. They accept credit cards.

One thing that annoyed us was the dirty windows. The dirt was on the outside so we couldn't take any nice pictures.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed June 7, 2017 via mobile

No matter what they say (including Micheline guide), this is THE best Japanese restaurant in Korea. Super duper the only best japanese restaurant. Price : You must be rich.

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed December 30, 2016 via mobile

praises only to the food served at this restaurant. tasted "fine" and "freshest" even we ordered the value sets in the menu. views up there were good and service of the night was the very best. liked everything about this restaurant choice though it wasn't a planned visit.

Date of visit: December 2016