“Nice stay, and nice ppl”

Yellow Brick Hostel
Ranked #43 of 570 Specialty Lodging in Seoul
Tenggarong, Indonesia
“Nice stay, and nice ppl”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The staff were very friendly and helpful.
Good location, almost all the Seoul's traffic is associated with Jongno.
They also have cooking utensils in case you want to cook. I spend most of my time at the kitchen ^^
overall, I satisfied staying at Yellow Brick 1.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Yenny P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Japan
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Yellow Brick Hostel is the greatest hostel ever I've stayed!

-Pros
Lots of complimentary services are available.(continental breakfast, PC, wifi, etc) Floor heating system helps a lot with cold trip in the winter. A pillow was fluffy and soft. One of staff members was really friendly and helpful. (Arun-san, that's you!)So close to Insadong Street, Changdonggun, Anguk and Jongno-3ga Stations.

-Cons
Tourist may easily get lost, especially a-first-time visit. Look for Yellow Brick2 first, not CU convenient store as landmark YB website mentions because it's already close!
I stayed in the single-bedded room, the room was ok but the bathroom smelled disgusting!! Maid didn't visited me for housekeeping during my stay. If you want to borrow a transformer to use electronic device, you should pay deposit 5000KRW, however, my room 701 was already installed! Check it before borrow.

A little bit complaint suffered me but totally I like this hostel, want to come back someday!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank tommy-lady
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Firstly, I didn't spend much time here - I just used it as a place to sleep the night before my flight home, so my review is not complete. I didn't use the roof garden or kitchen, and left before breakfast, so these do not contribute to my rating.
The room was fairly clean overall, and was spacious for a single room. There was good wifi access in the room. I could hear other peoples conversations, but thankfully they weren't being too loud and I still managed to sleep.
However, the bathroom smelled really bad, like drainage, for the whole time I was there and there was no hot water for a shower - the water was freezing, which is not ideal when you've also been caught in a snowstorm that day! I was told there were towels in the room, but these were two hand towels, so not suitable for showering etc.
The hostel is about a 20 minute walk from central Seoul, but the street leading up to the hostel from a main road is fairly dark and quiet. I felt very safe/comfortable in Seoul on the whole, but did feel slightly uncomfortable walking to the hostel at 9.30 at night. The directions given by the hostel take you up a small alleyway, and there's another way which I felt more comfortable going.
The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 14, 2013

A place for you to save $$$. The location is good. If you are good at walking, you can walk to all he palaces, myeondong, dongdaemun. There are pots and bowls and all the utensils in the kitchen where you can cook anytime.

Staff are frenly too.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Malolos, Philippines
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights (Nov.6-11, 2013). The room where I stayed was clean. Bedding sheets and towels were provided. There's individual washrooms for every room. And free breakfast too. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. And speaks good English too.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank aitco
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I've come with large group of people (20 people). The staff is very helpful and so friendly. Henry is very good in English, he help me a lot. The single room is so comfy.Has elevator and that's important coz i hate carrying big n heavy luggage using stairs.
Facilities is good, location is ok and quite near to subway station Jongno 3 ga. Overall, I satisfied staying at Yellow Brick 1.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank misbah02
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Hostel is located in between Anguk station (palace, Insadong, Ssamzagil, Bukchon Village) and Jongno 3 ga station. It's about 5-7mins walk from both station.
My friend and I stayed for 7 nights and they provide housekeeping service every other 3 days. We enjoyed the stay, had enjoyable experience.
Multi languages are available (Mandarin, English, Japanese, and Korean)
Had free adaptor, T-money for rent with a deposit of 5000 won each.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends