About 5 minutes walk from Airport Limousine Bus stop and less than 10 mins walk from Gongdeok subway station (where 2 lines and the AREX line meet), this property offers strategic and easy access to Hongdae, Sinchon, Edae, and reasonable distance and ease to Namsan and Myeongdong, but away from the touristic hustle and bustle of said areas. Many restaurants, convenience stores, coffee shops in the surrounding area.
Spartan room space and facility, this is a value-for-money find, no-frills budget accommodation. You get what you pay for.
While the room lack in space and facilities, the hostel owner (Leo) and receptionist/inn-keeper (Shin) compensate in friendliness, helpfulness, and generosity. Leo speak good English and Shin passable (but definitely better than the average Korean). Whatever your requests are, they will find a way to make it happen. They provide great advice on how to get to places, where to eat, even searching the internet and making phone calls to a music store to find CDs of K-indie artists that we were looking for.
Modest (but all-you-can-eat) breakfast of bread, butter, jam, milk, cereal, coffee and tea was enough for us. With so many delicacies to try while in Seoul, we prefer to eat outside as often as we could anyway. Water (hot and cold) dispenser was available in the tiny breakfast area.
- Location, near Airport Limousine Bus stop & subway station, lots of restaurant/cafe/convenience store
- Hot water was aplenty
- Ondol (floor heating) provided adequate warmth
- Free of charge luggage storage
- Friendly, helpful, English-speaking staff
- Towels (bath & hair) changed daily
- Wifi was fast and stable
- Quiet surrounding, perfect for a good night's sleep
- Bed linens were not changed daily, some dusty spots in the room
- Windows have no view (blocked by another building)
- Hot water took almost a minute to get hot, water pressure a bit weak
- Washing machine had no dryer, had to use washing line & laundry clips (provided)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA and HostelWorld so you can book your City Hostel Korea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.