“Probably would've been a nice stay...”
Review of City Hostel Korea

City Hostel Korea
City Hostel Korea
Ranked #373 of 570 Specialty Lodging in Seoul
USA
“Probably would've been a nice stay...”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

But unfortunately, I did not get to experience Leo's hospitality. Shortly after booking through Agoda, I was contacted by Leo and told that the hostel was overbooked and to please cancel my booking. Unfortunately, the terms were so that if I cancelled, I'd lose a $15 processing fee. I told him this and asked him to take care of it through Agoda. I also suggested that he could put us up in another hotel in the area, since we would like to stay in the vicinity. I waited two day with no response, so I called Agoda and told them the problem. They called the hostel and got it sorted out for me very quickly. Good service on Agoda's part.

It would've been nice to stay here, since the hotel is right off the AREX, and I read good reviews on Agoda.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Thai first
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed here for one night. A cute little place that was perfectly suited to my needs.

Close to subway and lots of restaurants close by.

Room was clean; hot water plentiful; wifi fast.

The most amazing part was how helpful the owner was. I arrived late on a Friday afternoon and needed a electric converter so I could plug my laptop into the electric socket - I was quite low on power after the long flight. The hostel had a few converters but they were all being used by other guests at the time. I asked if there was a store nearby where I could purchase one. Instead, without a moment's notice, the owner drove me in his vehicle to the local appliance store so we could get another converter.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo