“Good service & Perfect location”
Review of Hotel Icon

Hotel Icon
Ranked #111 of 493 Hotels in Seoul
Singapore, Singapore
“Good service & Perfect location”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We just visited Seoul last week with my family and friend. The hotel location was so perfect because it was 10 mins walk to Anguk subway station and walking distance to Changdeokgung palace and Insadong. The hotel was service excellent and friendly owner who will great you every morning . The front desk was very accommodating and courteous. The room was clean and we have fresh flowers every day. If I will be visiting Seoul again I will definitely choose this hotel again.

3 Thank colormt
IconSeoul, Owner at Hotel Icon, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Colormt

I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hotel Icon.
It is always pleasure to read kind compliments.
I am sure that your kind compliments will encourage all of our staffs to further develop our service.
We will always do our best to make staying of our guests as comfortable and pleasant as possible.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again on your next visit in the future.

Hotel Icon / C.E.O. Eun-Gyo Jung

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I visited Korea with my mom and we were welcomed by the owner on the first day with a basket of beautiful flowers. All of the hotel staff we have encountered were helpful and friendly. Also, they were very knowledgeable about nearby authentic restaurants and great shopping locations that Koreans would go to. When you stay at the hotel, I suggest getting insiders scoop on nearby attractions and restaurants from them. The hotel's accommodating to individual needs As my adaptor was not working, I was able to borrow one from the hotel to charge my laptop and cellphone from Canada. We had a phenomenal experience at the hotel and will be recommending to our friends.

1 Thank Sophie H
IconSeoul, Owner at Hotel Icon, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Sophie

I would like to thank you very much for your wonderful comments which you made quickly before the fatigue of the journey was overcome.
The great leader to lead the future like you is different in something.
You are excellent as much as our country invite you as overseas brain.
It is an honour for you to stay at our hotel.
Thank you again for your kind and wonderful reviews on tripadvisor with the deep interest.
we will strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We are eager to see you with open arms at our lovely hotel in your next visit.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 10, 2013

It's such great time for us staying at HOTEL ICON during our week in Seoul. We firstly greeted by the most ever lovely-friendly lady who we lately found out to be the CEO of the hotel, Mrs Jung. Her exceptional hospitality 's not only to accommodate our family into a good sized room with view& flowers everday, but also to make us home by introducing teh surrounding attractions of Seoul, so we could plan our tours reasonably for the rest of our days in the sity. Despite of the busy schedule managing the hotel, Mrs Jung & her partner even used most of their time to show us around on their own cars to maximise our ability to explore Seoul within few days.
All in all, with great hotel location in a very central city location spot + warm welcomed services + reasonable cheap price at HOTEL ICON, it's strongly recommended to most overseas travellers who wanted to make the most out of it with their budgets.
We're very happy & definitely come back next time!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
IconSeoul, Owner at Hotel Icon, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Tom

I am very pleased to hear you arrived safely.
It is very difficult to travel abroad with young kids.
You did a greate job to take care of your kids and carry your luggages.
Your kids will have good memories for a long time about your family trip to Seoul.
You must be very good parents to travel overseas with the kids.
I sometimes see your daughter's photos which is in my smart phone.
I miss your cute daughter and your family.
Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor even if you are busy.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again on your next visit in the future.

Best regards.
Zug, Switzerland
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Upon arriving at the hotel I was greeted by the very friendly and helpful owner of the hotel with beautiful flowers, a view on the city from the rooftop deck and lots of helpful suggestions. Already this had a huge positive impact on my visit to Seoul.

The hotel is ideally located and still at a quiet spot. The rooms are new, modern, clean and I really can't think of anything that could be improved even further.

Comparing the overall offering with other hotels in a similar price class or above, this hotel in my opinion certainly deserves the 'best value' rating. If you're not looking for a spa, sauna or swimming pool, this really fits the bill.

A great thank you to the wonderful owners who even drove me to the bus stop for the airport!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank akri0200
IconSeoul, Owner at Hotel Icon, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Albert Krikhen

I am very grateful for your wonderful comments.
Thank you very much for having deep interest in our small hotel.
I will provide Koean breakfast in your next visit. And we will go to special Korean temple in the middle of mountain for your special experience.
You have travelled a lot of countries.Please give me a hotel management tip as the erudite expert when you visit our hotel again.
We will always do our best to make our guest’s staying as comfortable and pleasant as possible.
Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 2, 2013

It is really awesome place to stay and very convenient to move anywhere in Seoul. The Hotel Icon makes me very comfortable and I strongly recommend hotel icon for vacation and business trip. I stayed for 10 days at The Hotel Icon this time and I really enjoyed to stay. If I visit Seoul again some other time, I sure will stay The Hotel Icon again.

IconSeoul, Owner at Hotel Icon, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Steve

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hotel Icon.
I was much pleased to hear that you had a great stay at our hotel.
We did our best to make your long staying as comfortable and pleasant as possible.
I hope you take a great trip to Seoul and come back home safely.
Thank you again for sharing your experience.

We are eager to see you again with the best service.

Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Located near to Anguk station, Changdeokgung palace and one of the most must visit places in Seoul, Insadong Street, Hotel Icon is definitely the most strategic and convenient place to stay for a vacation in Seoul city, especially a budget one for a student like me. With best services from the CEO, Madam Eun-kyo Jung and all her friendly and helpful staffs, my vacation to Seoul had become tremendously exciting and wouldn't be forgotten. The best thing about the hotel is that customers of the hotel get an opportunity to conduct self-photography session with various patterns of Korean Traditional costumes, Hanbuk for FREE.. Surely i will choose this hotel again for my second trip to Seoul. Awesome and the best one!!

TJay, Kuching, Malaysia

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tjay88_ok
IconSeoul, Owner at Hotel Icon, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear TJay,Kuching

I’m very glad to hear that you had a great stay at our hotel.
We would like to deeply thank you for staying with us.
Your kind and wonderful comments are greatly appreciated to us
We will always do our best to make our guest's staying as comfortable and pleasant as possible.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor.

We are eager to see you with the best service at our lovely hotel on your next time visit.

New Delhi
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The staff in the hotel are fantastic and personalize service to every guest. I was on a holiday in September 2013 and stayed in this hotel. I highly recommend this hotel for business as well as leisure travel

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor for good views