“Excellent location”

Ranked #42 of 474 Hotels in Seoul
HK
“Excellent location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

- Conveniently located at Myenondong - just one-minute walk to the MTR and 5-minute walk to the airport bus stop
- Staff are nice and helpful and can speak English
- We chose a twin bedroom - clean and cozy, enough space for two middle-sized luggage
- Just one thing - the water pressure of the shower is not strong enough..

1 Thank amimimi t
NineTree, 제너럴 매니저 at Nine Tree Hotel Myeong-dong, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Warm Greetings from Nine Tree Hotel Myeong-dong.

We are most grateful to you for the comment and also we'd like to thank you for staying with Nine Tree hotel Myeong-dong.
Always wait for good advice with mind-set to make you sure comfortable, cheerful and creditable.

Your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve in the future as well.

Hereafter, whole staff at our Nine Tree hotel Myeong-dong will offer better services to our dear guest.
I'm asking you to be unchanged affections and unstinted praise to our hotel. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Ninie tree is a very convenient hotel in Myeongdong. As it is very near MTR and the location is easy to find. Nine tree is located in shopping centre in Myeongdong, so don't worry for shopping late there.

The staff in Nine tree are very nice and helpful. They can speak Chinese, English, Janpanese,etc. So no need to worry the communication between them.

The room is clean and tidy.

All for all, it is a nice place to choose when you visit korean.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

NineTree, 제너럴 매니저 at Nine Tree Hotel Myeong-dong, responded to this review, November 19, 2013

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Had a wonderful stay at the Nine Tree for 4 nights. Excellent location where there are lots of shops and restaurants nearby. Subway station is only 2mins away, many currency exchange shops around, lots of street food. The room is clean and tidy, although a bit small, but overall it's good. Front desk staff are friendly and nice, always willing to help, check in and out was quick. Housekeeping responded to request quickly and fixed problem efficiently. Overall, would come back to stay at Nine Tree again the next time I travel to Seoul. Enjoyed my stay there a lot.

Hong Kong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Location excellent. Room size acceptable. But the following need improvement:
1. Flush not working very well. Broken twice.
2. Cleaning lady just tidy up without replacing toilet paper. We have booked a triple room but she has no intention to replace new toilet paper the next day.
3. Front Desk said will provide bottle of distilled water for 4 days, but we only got 2 days refilled.

Room Tip: request higher floor. I requested it through face book message.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

This hotel is located near to the bus stop where we alight fr airpt. Near to shopping area of Myeongdong and lots of eateries and cafes nearby. We had a triple sharing room with 3 proper beds and the best part abt this hotel is, we get to choose the type of pillow that suits us plus two normal pillows! Passage way are not wide enough for two people to move together. Thats a setback but who cares as long as we get to sleep well and room is clean enough to feel the comfort we need in an unfamiliar place. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay for me and my friends and we will definitely return to stay in this hotel for our next trip!

• Stayed October 2013

Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

I checked into the hotel on 10 Nov, stayed for 3 nights. FO staffs overall good and helpful, compliment to Erica. she is always willing to go extra miles to provide the information that I enquired. Over priced for coin laundry, same star hotel only charge 1000 Won for washing but they charge 2000 Won. Agree with Icedtee review, door hinge needs replacement. A Non smoking signage MUST display in the lounge or a smoke detector. Lift can hardly take a family of 4 with 1 luggage each. Everything was just acceptable for a 3 stars hotel, until my incident happened, a night before my departure where I found a bag was missing. Ransacked the room, nothing was found, decided to inform the front office to assist. Result and details of the whole unpleasant incident...(If you are interesting )

A summary of what happened, it might not be in running sequence.

- Called the FO at 8:15pm, the lady that so called could understand Mandarin could not understand me, requested someone that speaks English from the management o return my call.
After a few minutes later, Mr. Yoon called, incident related to him. During the whole conversation,
I couldn't feel empathy from him for my situation, requested for him to call me back by 9pm for a updates on the search. Ridiculously, he asked me why am I ordering him to do things and within such short time frame!!!!!!! He even said, anyone that can think logically, will not give such short time frame. I swear to GOD, this is the first time I was questioned by a hospitality staff. FYI, I have been working in a hotel for 21 years. After all the bargaining, he can only get back to me by 11pm or ASAP. To my surprise, when I questioned him why didn't he come up to my room to meet me and understand the whole situation better? His reason, because the Do not Disturb sign was on. I accepted his explanation but I challenged him why can't he call me as we were on the phone just now? And given such situation, who on earth will penalise you for disturbing??? I asked to log a police report but was rejected by him, I was very puzzled by his action. He said is just a waste of time and effort, because they will do the same investigation as what he is doing. I told him is all for insurance claim purpose, but he still insisted not to make a police report. Ask me what do I want or what compensation, he can fulfilled. I told him I don't need as I had bought travel insurance. He asked why didn't I informed within 24 hrs for the lost bag, what can he do is already past 24 hrs. I explained that my boy was sick, am concern about my son health more than the bag! He didn't even offer help to lessen my worry but added that "he look little sick, but still looks ok" !!!!! Hello!!!!! What are you talking about??????? And who will think something will gone missing in the room?????

- A female staff came to my room to check my room, nothing was found.

- At 11pm, I called for an updates. He requested for another half an hour, because CCTV could not retrieve anything. But he kept insist the housekeeping did not remove anything from the room, he believed in his staff. The way he related seems am hiding the bag!!!! Btw, the bag belongs to my son, contain his BEATS headset, iphone ear piece, external charger, wallet contain less than 5000 won.

- 11:30pm, no sound no picture from FO. I went down to lobby for updates. Nothing was found, so immediately I requested to log a police report. He was still trying to persuade me not to go to the police!!!!!!!!!! I was so mad and requested to do the report now!!!!!!

-12:30am, 2 police man together with security manager and himself came to the room to search again. Police were outside the room, while both of them checked the room again. Mr Yoon, not only checked all the corners, but also without asking my permission, he dig my packed luggage!!!!
NOTHING WAS FOUND!!!!!!

Cut the story short, police report logged. No service recovery was initiated, I asked to see the hotel GM next day. Mr Yoon declined, he told me he is the overall in charged. He can make any decision, unfortunately he failed a big time!

Next day, I requested for a late check out and free transfer to airport. It was only given after much negotiation!!!!!! No compensation from hotel for the lost items, Mr Yoon claimed if hotel compensate means hotel admit items was stole from the room!!!!!! Never mind!!!!!!! He even asked me to write on the review, he beg me not to make a police report but I NEVER listen to him but insisted my way. What a joker I was facing, a hotel GM (he claimed) telling his guest off that I did not listen to him!!!!!!!!!

Conclusion, this is the first time I encounter with a person that claim to be in the hotel industry for 18 years openly challenge with his guest and not sorry and responsible for what happened in his property. His attitude annoyed me! I will not return to the property (even he provide a night free on my next return)or recommend this property to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

7 Thank SGGPAL
Hotel Statement Regarding the case of loss

As always, we have been doing our utmost for customer satisfaction, and yet sometimes our service didn't match up to the guest's expectation as we can to deal with this case within the legal boundaries but we failed as you are aware. We realized in retrospect that there is too much speculation about what happened and what did not happen.
First and foremost, we would like to offer our sincere aplolgies for the inconvenience caused and also we will make this an opportunity to monitor and improve our services to avoid an occurrence.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Easy from the airport by limousine bus or AREX+Subway.
Near shopping area.
A lot of street food.
Very clean hotel because it is new hotel.
But small room
Hi speed Wifi around 20+MB
Bath rook is okay.
Hi-tech toilet seat including. I like warm seat !!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

NineTree, 제너럴 매니저 at Nine Tree Hotel Myeong-dong, responded to this review, November 12, 2013