“Excellent Location”

Nine Tree Hotel Myeong-dong
Ranked #48 of 504 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My friend and me spent 6 days in the hotel. The location is excellent. Room is tidy but the air-cond was quite annoying (too cold or too hot and noisy). It was not convenient as the toilet and the bath room was separated.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank lnyluk
NineTree, 제너럴 매니저 at Nine Tree Hotel Myeong-dong, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Warm Greetings from Nine Tree Hotel Myeong-dong.

We are most grateful to you for the comment and also we'd like to thank you for staying with Nine Tree hotel Myeong-dong.
Always wait for good advice with mind-set to make you sure comfortable, cheerful and creditable.

Your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve in the future as well.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us.

Hereafter, whole staff at our Nine Tree hotel Myeong-dong will offer better services to our dear guest.
I'm asking you to be unchanged affections and unstinted praise to our hotel. Thank you.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Good hotel, high price tho, tiny rooms, check in after 3:00 pm!!, lousy service but good location, you can find so much better hotels around the area. So just look for an alternatives. That's all i can say about this hotel. One more thing, staff were helpful but aren't a good english speaker

Warm Greetings from Nine Tree Hotel Myeong-dong.

At first , we are most grateful to you for the comment regarding our service and also on behalf of our employees we'd like to thank you for staying with Nine Tree hotel Myeong-dong. However, it was to be regretted that we were unable to meet your expectation during your stay in our hotel.

Even though we always trying to meet the guest’s expectations as far as possible but from time to time we do not live up to the guest’s expectation as you already have experienced.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed 4 nights here but I can't sleep well for 3 nights as the air-conditioners stopped working in EVERY MIDNIGHT! The rooms is very hot and it's useless to reopen by yourself as it will stopped again in five minutes so I called Recepionist to send someone to fix it, however nothing is improved and the engineer only gave me a remote controller (expected me to tune it by myself???)
I called Recepionist again and I said I will request a room change if it stopped again. The girl only said she will adjust and monitor it for me, I tried to sleep but the air-conditioner was stopped and opened for many times, the temperature was adjusted to 20C which is the lowest and very cold, but when it stopped the room was getting hot again, so..I and my roommate feel sick and have fever with poor sleeping quality in these 3 nights...
I know they finally fixed it but it was my last night to stay, it's really late, they should fix it in the first day.
Besides, the air-conditioner is very noisy and the power light is too bright...
The room is not very clean, especially the toilet.
Don't try the breakfast here if that's not included in the package, the food is cold and only few choices, it's not worth.

Good things to point out: except the engineer, the staff is nice and polite; the location is really great and just near to the metro station.

However I think I will not visit this hotel again as I believe a hotel should at least give customer a good sleeping quality and environment.

• Stayed: September 2013
NineTree, 제너럴 매니저 at Nine Tree Hotel Myeong-dong, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

At first, we extend our sincere apology for the inconvenience this technical trouble must have caused you.

It was quite embarrassing that we have learned about your unpleasant experience on during the stay. Obviously there is no excuse that you were laying on such an extremely poor condition during the stay. Please accept our deep apology for the inconvenience you suffered during the stay with us.

As a newly opened hotel, we never stopped giving our effort for customer satisfaction since last year and also we know how important the facilities is to our guests but we still have some more to be improved as you have already been in trouble. We take issues like this very seriously and please rest assures that we will continue to do our best to please all our guests at all time.

I can never thank you enough for choose Nine Tree Hotel and also let us reiterate our sincere apology for this unfortunate incident again and please be assured that we are fully committed to preventing recurrence of any problem of this nature and kindly give us the benefit of the doubt in judging our hotel in regard of this incident.

Thank You in advance for your tolerance in this matter.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Thanks for the fast check in and check out services provided by Front Desk Staff.
Would like to appreciate to those Front Desk staff. They able to speak in english and mandarin.
It was really helpful and warmness.

Room conditions is not good, the bed sheet & pillow cover was smelly.
Understanding that housekeeper was only one person who take care of whole floor or more than that. Hopefully hotel management could put more effort on it.

Continuous stay should have re-fill mineral water. due to it was considering as new stay guest benefits. Hope that hotel management could revised on their policy and standards.

Lastly, i would like to rate this hotel as my first choice in MYeongdong, Seoul. Thanks

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your first stop at Myeong-Dong.
We dare say that have no doubt the Nine Tree Hotel will be grown up with our guest’s comment

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to
choose Nine Tree Hotel Myeong Dong for your future travel needs.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Brought my folks to Seoul and this hotel is absolutely a great choice. Location wise is a big plus. Just 2mins from exit 8 of myeongdong station. I stayed for 5nights and everynight was a different experience walking down the busy streets of myeongdong. Great food choices just stone throw away from our hotel. There is a lounge on level 11. Due to chuseok holiday they organized a hanbok experience and my folks totally enjoyed it. Staff were really friendly and can speak English well. Will choose back this hotel when I come to Seoul next time.

• Stayed: September 2013
NineTree, 제너럴 매니저 at Nine Tree Hotel Myeong-dong, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Location: The hotel is located in myeongdong area: one min walk away from myeongdong Subway station; door step away with all cosmetics shops and all kinds of eateries. Cosmetics is heavy esp. ppl like me buy min. 100 masks every time I come to Seoul, staying in Nine Tree Myeong-dong makes my shopping smooth. I can come down to buy anytime I want even half an hour prior to going to airport.There are banks and shopping malls around where you can get tax refund directly. Food wise you have quite a number of options here and the majority of them are affordable.

Hotel: The front office staff are friendly. They can speak korean, English, Chinese and Japenese. So far I don't have communication problem with them either in Chinese or English. The hotel with surrounding map is informative and it helped me a lot during my stay. Wifi is complimentary. The standard room is relatively small in particular the bathtub however my twin room still fit my friend and myself perfectly. The room is clean and bed is comfortable. I had all my good sleep there. There is a coffee bean on the second level of the hotel which fulfilled my morning coffee everyday.

In general I would consider this hotel as 4 star and I will definitely stay again for my next shopping trip.

Room Tip: Book early. The hotel has only 140+ rooms hereby it is always full house.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ff_sSSs
NineTree, 제너럴 매니저 at Nine Tree Hotel Myeong-dong, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Reviewed September 18, 2013

The hotel is located in the big shopping streets in Myeongdong in the middle of Seoul surrounded by hundreds of shops, restaurants, and bars. Is it easy to find though parking is little difficult as the hotel doesn't have its own parking space.

The reception speaks English so communication is pretty easy. The room is really clean, tidy with basic necessities such as kettle, cups, teas, sugar, fridge with bottles of drinking water, tv, aircon, internet connection and wifi, laundry bag, clothes hangers, room freshener, bathrobes, room sleepers, very clean shower, and toilet with shamppo, conditioner, body shower gel, hand soap, and high quality towels.

We stayed in room 1604 with 2 very comfortable single beds, high quality duvets and pillows but the room is quite tight to move around.

Room Tip: Nice and cozy hotel in the middle of shopping streets
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Anneth B
NineTree, 제너럴 매니저 at Nine Tree Hotel Myeong-dong, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013