“Kpop Stay Review”

Ranked #37 of 534 Specialty Lodging in Seoul
HK
“Kpop Stay Review”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Kpop Stay is very clean and tidy. The owner devotes himself to the hostel and he is very nice. We stayed there as a whole group and we occupied the 14 people room. It was very clean and tidy. The 2nd floor also has a common area which is good for chatting with friends. It is as warm as a home and you can feel that you are at home when you are staying at Kpop stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

My feeling towards Kpopstay is that it is just like my second home. The location of the hostel is perfect, which allows me to explore Hongdae area in deep, and it is close to the subway. The owner and the staff are very nice and helpful, especially in teaching us how to get to the tourist spot in a quicker way. They even help us to check when will the train depart from the station. Also, what I can see during my stay is that the owner try his very best to improve the hostel. The hostel is very clean and the environment nearby is very relaxing. I really enjoy the time staying in Kpopstay and I undoubtedly recommend this hostel to all of you who want to have an valuable travel experience in Seoul.

Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Kpopstay is a warm, comfortable, clean and safe hostel. One of the most important features is that every bed is self-contained and allows you to enjoy your own privacy. Other impressive features are the garden and the bar style dinning room which are nice areas to have a beer and chat with your friends. The environment of the hostel is quiet and peaceful and its location is very closed to the centre of seoul that many cafes, pubs,restaurants and shops are just nearby and they are open till late night. And it just takes about 5 to 10 mins to access the subway, so it does really convenient.

The boss '' Mark'' of the hostel is very friendly and nice.... a charming HANDSOME guy as well. He treats people with heart and sincereness. This was the first time we had our study tour in Seoul and we got almost 30 ppls living there and Mark had arranged a wonderful party for us before we left.

All in all, living there is full of excitment and joy!!!!!!!

penang
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was the first time we stayed in a home stay. We were surprised by the excellent services and hospitality rendered by Mark and Cherry. We had a wonderful and fabulous stay and we really enjoy the experience in your home stay. We will surely recommend this place to our friends who want to visit Seoul.

Pros :

Location : In Hongdae and near to Hongik University. Surrounded with numerous food outlets, bbq shop, very convenient

Nearby attraction : Nanta Theater, Hongdae shopping street, trickeye museum, sat/sunday open market

Guesthouse : at the third alley after Hongik university, get the map from Kpopstay website

Room : Pods, clean, tidy. spacious, with a private curtain

Bathroom : SHared, very clean, Shampoo and towel are provided FOC, bring your own toothpaste, and toothbrush

Breakfast : Free Toast, with orange juice ( You may just save a few thousand won on breakfast everyday)

Locker : Private locker with lock is provided

Owner : Mark. very helpful!

Value : DO NOT Book via website/booking.com, you may email the owner for a better price, via Kpopstay website, Google it.

Sleep QUality : Extremely soft bed, sweet sweet dream,

Safety : Good!

Nanta show : Ask mr Mark's help to book the ticket, as he can get you 20-30% discount on normal rate

Other shows. any entrance fee required attraction sites : ask Mr Mark's help, he may surprise you !

Recommendation :
a) Inform Mark the time you expected to reach korea, he allows early check in
b) Ask for helps for nanta show reservation : he will get you a good price
c) You have a chance to mix well with other guests from different countries, a very nice experience
d) Ask for Mark's help for taxi back to Airport if you hav many luggage, he will get you a lower price
e) Enjoy the free breakfast, save a few thousand for local snacks

Room Tip: 1) A family of less than 6 definitely enjoy Pods 1 2) Email Mr. Mark for a better price for guest...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kkneoh
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

At Kpop stay, I felt better than staying at a hotel. Just the style of this hostel is enough to make you feel at home! This was my first visit to Korea and I loved that I could have almost everything with just a few minutes away. I was always out and about but after running around in the subways, going up and down stairs, and walking briskly, I loved that the location of this hostel was only a 10-15 minute walk. Even at night, I felt extremely safe walking on the streets by myself and just getting home to a relaxed environment and of course, kpop music. Mark (owner) was always very helpful and asked if I needed help getting to different places. Guests staying at kpop stay quickly became my friends, very awesome people!!! one thing is for sure: Bring your converters.
Will come back next year for sure... wont even LOOK at other hostels. I know I found my home in Korea. (^_^)V

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs are more quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hood River, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I decided to book Kpopstay after reading the wonderful reviews.The location is perfect, its close to a lot of coffee shops, clubs, bars and near the subway. Mark and his temp employee (Cherry Hsu) were very friendly and helpfull they gave us great tips for riding the subway and site seeing. I'll definitly be staying at Kpopstay the next time I go to Seoul.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JosieLuna23
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Seoul was my first stop on my Asian solo trip. I chose KPopStay after reading the reviews, looking at its great location and wanting to meet lots of new people.

Pros:
The reviews did not lie. this place was fantastic for what I needed. The location is superb and there is a lot to see and do in the immediate Hongdae area. The closest subway station (Hongik University (green line) is only a10 minute walk away. Lots of great and cheap food options are around. Mark, the owner, is extremely helpful with things to do, tour organizations (e.g. DMZ) and very sociable/goes out to dinner with guests to local buzzspots that have the best food. The rooms are clean, lockers are big, you get more privacy than is normal in the dorms because of the pod-style beds (they each have a personal curtain, power and light).

Cons:
I may be a bit of a clean freak but I didn't find the bathrooms to be as clean as I needed them to be. Then again, it's a hostel so that comes with the territory. Some of the guests stayed up talking (some shouting) up until 5 am sometimes (mixture of good times and Soju)

Other than that, I had a great experience. Would recommend it to friends wanting a hostel experience. Me, I may just be too grown, lol.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank quicny10