“Good budget hostel`feels like home=p:”
Review of KpopStay

KpopStay
Ranked #56 of 621 Specialty Lodging in Seoul
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed in KPOPOSTAY on November2012 for 5 nights and on Jan2013 for 5 nights .So sorry about late to write down the commet and recommend KPOPSTAY to all travelers who want to live in Hongdae area.

KPOPSTAY is near the Hongik Unvi station and a few minutes walk away from KPOPSTAY with convenience stalls, restaurants and coffee shops along the way.

The owner is really friendly and helpful, I didnt plan any schedule about my trip due busy work before, they were willingness and was ready to answer any questions I had when I asked for recommendation, be it for food or places of interest to visit.

In KPOPSTAY, You can make your breakfast in the morning (they will provide bread, jam, cheese, orange juice and coffee every morning).
There's free wifi and also computers for the guests. You can use the laundry room at night.

The atmosphere about structure, rooms, breakfast, cleanliness, staff, guests were all fantastic!! Definitely recommend and will stay again.

我己經住KPOPSTAY 兩次了。我是住POD太空艙床的那一種,KPOPSTAY的房間很乾淨,很舒適而且很有獨立私人空間感(因為它有布簾可以拉起來,還有個人的閱讀燈)。

KPOPSTAY它位於弘大,位置超級方便的,大約走5-8分鐘就到,旁邊更有很多咖啡廳,餐廳,商店和小型便利店,要什麼有什麼,假日晚上更有很多樂隊在弘大公園表演。

這裡的感覺就像回家一樣,因為每一晚回去,差不多每個客人都坐在several bars那邊,大家一邊喝飲料,吃點心,一邊聊聊一整天的行程,推薦那邊有好東西吃,有那裡好玩,有好景點拍照給大家。

KPOPSTAY無論地置,景點,房間,老闆,氣氛.. .等等,所有都很好,我建議有意在韓國想要住在民宿的,就選KPOPSTAY吧!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I've had good and bad experiences with accommodations in general, but I have to say that Kpopstay ranks among the best ones. Mark and Marie were very hospitable. I stayed with them for 8 days and was never dissatisfied from checking in to checking out. It is conveniently located in Hongdae where there's plenty of establishments open 24/7. It's also near the subway station, so it wasn't difficult for me to go around. The pods were designed with a traveler in mind. The concept is very similar to capsule hotels. I really liked the fact that I still get that much privacy, which isn't common in a guesthouse. The bathrooms were fully equipped that I think you can get in there with just your toothbrush and your change of clothes. There's self-service breakfast at the common area, and there's brewed coffee for 1000 won. I was concerned about the locker space before getting there, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that they're probably large enough to fit a 50k luggage. The only challenge I encountered was the electric socket. Korea uses the same voltage, but their prongs are round. Everything I had from home where flat ones. So, you might want to bring an adapter for it. If you end up not bringing one, there's a variety store next to the 7-Eleven at the entrance of Hongik University that sells adapters for 2000 won a piece.

I also met the entire family during my stay and they were all very nice. Mark waited for me to get me checked in and arranged my trip to DMZ. Marie helped me figure out how to get to the different places I visited and basically fed me my first Korean food while there (It was bread with red bean. It did say it was from Paris Baguette, but hey, it's in Korea, right?). They were both very nice and helpful, and Marie's daughters were adorable. :)

The only reason I could think of for this place not to work for you is if you're against bathroom sharing. In which case, your options should be pricier hotels. If you'd like to avoid the morning bathroom traffic, though, you might want to get up a little earlier.

I enjoyed my stay in Korea and in the likely event that I go back, I'll probably still book with them.

Room Tip: If you're planning to check in with another person, you may opt to book the twin room. You each...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Faith C
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

we stayed in the dorms, the bed is huge and there's lots of space around the bed as well. The common areas are nicely decorated and it just felt so comfortable and like home! the owner mark is also very nice and helpful. Highly recommend!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed in Kpopstay for 4 nights, people in Kpopstay are very friendly and also helpful! such as stay in a homestay.. Thank you so much! The location is very near to Hongdae, we can easy to find something to eat and shopping, the owner of guesthouse also very nice and help us a lot~we'll choose Kpopstay if we go to Korea the next time.

1  Thank MAGINee
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Its my first to visit Korea, and the KPOPSTAY is make me feel like home and safe. Location is good, room is clean,mordern and stylish. Price is reasonable. Especially the owner of the guesthouse, MARK and MARINE, they are so nice ! I wish I can stay more !!! Anyway, me and my friend had the fabulous experience here! No more words, just come and experience!^^

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Initially I wanted to stay at kpopstay for 4 days but ended up staying there for more than a week. Mark and his family are really nice people and I almost felt like at home. The hostel is located in Hongdae, which is a area with a lot of nightlife (bars, restaurants, clubs....). Furthermore the style of the hostel is impressive which makes it a nice place to stay. So if you want to have a good time in Seoul, go for it!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank daniel_rohner
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Thanks for the lovely weekend stay at KPopstay Mark! I never really thought that a hostel set-up could allow for a decent amount of privacy, yet at KPopstay there is a perfect balance between hanging out with other guests and enjoying your own space as well. The warmth and hospitality of the Mark and the rest of the team is really appreciated. Out of all the hostels/guest houses that I have stayed at in Seoul, this was by far my best experience. The location is great and it is easy to find.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends