“Pleasant stay in central Seoul”
Review of KPOPSTAY

KPOPSTAY
Ranked #40 of 570 Specialty Lodging in Seoul
Seoul, South Korea
“Pleasant stay in central Seoul”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I'd say this guesthouse is the best for the buck in town.

All rooms are stylish and well-furnished, staffs are friendly and kind, location is perfect for social gathering and sightseeing.

I'll definitely visit again, highly recommended!! A++

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Johannesburg
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Booked Kpopstay initially out of desperation as I was returning to Seoul from a skiing trip and there were no other hostels available in the surrounding area for the period that I visited Seoul for.
Also on the internet at the time there weren't any reviews available and I was sceptical about the place but I was surprised with what we found.

The hostel turned out to be very clean, modern and close to all the places of 'social gathering'. Owners are just amazing and very friendly who helped out quite a bit, especially when I forgot my shoes there and they were prompt to respond. A friend of mine is returning to KPOPSTAY to stay in Seoul and pickup them up at the same time lol

Overall I can recommend this Hostel to anyone as it is one of the best I have been to so far.

Hope to visit it again at some point! Missed the dmz lol

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Suva, Fiji
Reviewed January 14, 2013

If youre looking for a guesthouse thats value for money, convinient and clean then i reckon kpopstay is the place for you.
I first came across kpopstay when i had to google for a place to stay last minute because of accomodation problems and because the original guesthouse i wanted to stay in was fully booked. When i first saw pictures of kpopstay online i wasnt so sure cause the photos were really beautiful and like others i believed the internet to be decieving but i still had to book it beucause i couldnt find any other place to stay. The nest day when i went to check in i was speechless not only was the it exactly like the internet but the enviroment was really warm and friendly.
The first thing i noticed was how warm the common room was since thoe past few weeks in seoul has been so cold, then i noticed the room unlike any other dormitory rooms these ones were designed like PODS so it was like your own cubicle which was good cause i had more privacy and people cant see you while youre sleeping but the most important factor about the guesthouse is that the womens bathroom was clean, the showers were clean and very hygenic which is plus for me personally. i believe it that the overall atmosphere is the best anyone could ask for.

But lastly and the formost factor of all is the work the host mark, his sister jaeyeon and his family is doing. Not only do they run the guesthouse like a business but they bring in a feeling of being at home even if youre away from it. They're not only smart, friendly but also very caring. They not only treated me as a guest but as a family, having being looked after by them when i had flu and getting to talk to them about our lifestlye and also getting to play with their adorable kids. Meeting them has been one of the greatest memories of being in Seoul. thank you very much, goodluck with your business and see you soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The place is clean and in a great location. There are many restaurants and fun places located within walking distance. The rooms were clean, large, and comfortable. The service is very good here too! The staff was super friendly and accommodating. We could not have picked a better place to stay! This is a fantastic hotel! I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This place is much much better than I've ever expected. The location is perfect - the middle of the hip Hongdae area - and it has such a beautiful terrace. It was such an excellent value for the money. My kids had so much fun running around in the terrace. The host family was so warm-hearted people and always tried to help. The clean bunk beds were so relaxing and cozy so we slept so well. I think there is no question about that this is one of the best accommodations in Seoul. I highly recommend it to other travelers to Seoul.

Room Tip: room is very clean location is available at local station
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
South Korea
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I was so happy to have stayed here and i truly enjoyed the rest of my trip.
I highly recommend Kpopstay. They do a great job, and their prices are so reasonable.
You should definitely stay at Kpopstay when you travel to Seoul~~^^

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sunghoonJo
Sokcho, Gangwon-do, South Korea
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My first booking at Kpopstay was out of desperation. I needed to board an early flight the next morning and I came across Kpopstay through internet search engines. When I called them, the host offered to pick me up from a well-known landmark to avoid getting lost. He arrived less than 2 minutes of me standing there. The guesthouse is very welcoming, warm environment. It's very clean, well-maintained, superbly good value for money. The host is very friendly and never hesitates to help you when you need something. I didn't have to think about accommodation when I found myself in Seoul again. It's a no-brainer where I'll always be if I'm spending a night in Seoul.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo