“Good stuff”

Oasis Guesthouse Seoul
Ranked #2 of 618 Specialty Lodging in Seoul
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Oazzang was, simply put, awesome. He was friendly, accommodating, knowledgable and fun. The place was clean and had all the conveniences you could ever want. It also didn't hurt that it's only a five minute walk to all of the night life that Hongdae is famous for. I will definitely stay at Oasis again. I couldn't ask for a better guesthouse, especially at such a reasonable price.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 7, 2013

The owner is very friendly and helpful. Staying there really feels like home and the location is very good too. There's a lot of cute cafes nearby as well as local clothing stores and restaurants. Definitely recommended to stay there.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I enjoy my stay there. It feels almost like home during my 9 days stay there. There is free internet and is considered fast. The room is spacious and lockers are provided but you need to bring your own locks. The beds are clean and cosy. The bathroom is fine. The most important of all is the rate per stay is affordable and the location is accessible to travel since there is a nearby train station.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2013

very clean, very friendly, and very helfpful... keepng it simple I would definitly reccomend Oasis guesthouse to all travellers. Oazang was really chilled adnd helped me find wherever I wanted to go. The area is nice with plenty to do. It really was a good place to stay when I was in Seoul.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The owner is a really friendly, cool guy who makes you feel at home. You'll learn his motto of FTW!
The area around is full of coffee shops, restaurants, shops, bars etc. So loads to do!
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 4, 2013

One of the best guest houses ever! Perfect location in Hongdae district. Although in a party zone, the vicinity of the guesthouse is very quiet. The conditions in the guesthouse are extremely good and the host is one of the friendliest hosts I've ever met. And he knows a lot! The next time I'm in Seoul, there is no doubt I'm staying at Oasis!

Room Tip: Rooms have names here. Go for "Eminem" or "Foo fighters" to be on the second flo...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ElephantWaldorf
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Me and my fiance stayed in Oasis Guesthouse for 6 days in September, and we had a blast! We stayed in the 6-room mixed dorm, and the rooms were spacious and comfortable to sleep in, along with lockers to keep your valuables safe. The living room also was very spacious, where you can just lift up your feet and share a drink with the other backpackers, and with Oazzang, the owner of Oasis himself!

Speaking of, Oazzang was a very nice roommate who took care of all of our needs, including booking tours for us and making sure the place was neat and tidy. He also was fun to talk to, and a very warm person!

If we had to give some criticism, it would probably be that there was no breakfast served in the morning, we had to rely on others bringing food to share (although there was always bread without any spreads and instant coffee available). We had to resort to buying our own peanut butter and tea to share with others. This was only an issue for us because we were really saving every won possible. If this isn't a problem for you, don't pay any attention to this. Also, there was only one bathroom for all backpackers, so sometimes in the morning the line to take a shower would take some time. Finally, finding the guesthouse in the beginning was a bit confusing, but eventually when we found it, we grew to appreciate how close it was to all the action.

In summary, we highly recommend Oasis Guesthouse because of the ambiance, the amenities, the GREAT price, and Oazzang himself. Be sure to consider this place if you're planning to stay in Hongdae!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple