“I will return...”

Ranked #2 of 541 Specialty Lodging in Seoul
Perth, Australia
“I will return...”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

very clean, very friendly, and very helfpful... keepng it simple I would definitly reccomend Oasis guesthouse to all travellers. Oazang was really chilled adnd helped me find wherever I wanted to go. The area is nice with plenty to do. It really was a good place to stay when I was in Seoul.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sagae, Japan
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The owner is a really friendly, cool guy who makes you feel at home. You'll learn his motto of FTW!
The area around is full of coffee shops, restaurants, shops, bars etc. So loads to do!
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013
Daejeon, South Korea
Reviewed November 4, 2013

One of the best guest houses ever! Perfect location in Hongdae district. Although in a party zone, the vicinity of the guesthouse is very quiet. The conditions in the guesthouse are extremely good and the host is one of the friendliest hosts I've ever met. And he knows a lot! The next time I'm in Seoul, there is no doubt I'm staying at Oasis!

Room Tip: Rooms have names here. Go for "Eminem" or "Foo fighters" to be on the second flo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank ElephantWaldorf
Philippines
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Me and my fiance stayed in Oasis Guesthouse for 6 days in September, and we had a blast! We stayed in the 6-room mixed dorm, and the rooms were spacious and comfortable to sleep in, along with lockers to keep your valuables safe. The living room also was very spacious, where you can just lift up your feet and share a drink with the other backpackers, and with Oazzang, the owner of Oasis himself!

Speaking of, Oazzang was a very nice roommate who took care of all of our needs, including booking tours for us and making sure the place was neat and tidy. He also was fun to talk to, and a very warm person!

If we had to give some criticism, it would probably be that there was no breakfast served in the morning, we had to rely on others bringing food to share (although there was always bread without any spreads and instant coffee available). We had to resort to buying our own peanut butter and tea to share with others. This was only an issue for us because we were really saving every won possible. If this isn't a problem for you, don't pay any attention to this. Also, there was only one bathroom for all backpackers, so sometimes in the morning the line to take a shower would take some time. Finally, finding the guesthouse in the beginning was a bit confusing, but eventually when we found it, we grew to appreciate how close it was to all the action.

In summary, we highly recommend Oasis Guesthouse because of the ambiance, the amenities, the GREAT price, and Oazzang himself. Be sure to consider this place if you're planning to stay in Hongdae!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Oasis Guesthouse is close to perfect! We've stayed there for 2,5 weeks and had the best time!
Our nice room was on the upper floor where there also is a shared living room space/kitchen and a shared bathroom. The facilities were overall clean and comfortable.
The location is just great: 5-7 minutes away from Hongik University Station (and I think the directions are easy to follow; it's not hard to find) the guesthouse is in a quiet side street but when you walk further and turn around the corner you're right in the middle of Hongdae's awesome nightlife with all of its shops/restaurants/bars/clubs.
Oazzang is a great host! He's super nice and always ready to help if you need anything. And on top of that you can have a super fun night out with him!
I'd come back anytime!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank serialsue
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Oazzang is super friendly and a great host. The hostel is in a fantastic location (though a little difficult to find) in an awesome city. The hostel facilities are decent but not super clean which is why I knocked one star.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank jiangkr
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I decided to stay here for a couple of nights before leaving for Busan, as the area around Hongdae has a great youthful vibe. It's centrally located and Oazzang is an interesting personal with quite a life story. Appreciated his openness and welcoming manner.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo