“Will never visit this hotel again”

Staz Hotel Myeongdong Ⅰ
Ranked #98 of 493 Hotels in Seoul
Singapore, Singapore
“Will never visit this hotel again”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Booked the hotel through Booking .com and were there with the whole family of 3 adults and 3 children for 6 nights. Payment supposed to be at the end of last day, however the hotel disable the card access for my room on the 4th night without giving any reason. No explanation was given but the front desk immediately reactivated the access when we looked for them. Woke me up by calling me at 7am on the fifth day morning asked me for hotel payment immediately, crazy! Went to the front desk at around 8.30am and the guy said it was for deposit, coz they forgot to collect deposit fro me during checked in. They cheated me as they made the trasaction of 6 nights charges when I passed them my credit card, not honest! Was very angry but the hotel guy pretended they didn't understand English. Complaint to my Korean colleague, he said the hotel usually discrminate Chinese. Travel so many times for leisure and business, first time had paid a hotel bill without my knowledge, will never go back to such hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Michelle M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for one week from 18th October to 24th October. I left my luggage, which was new, in my hotel room each time I leave for the outdoors.

However, on the third day, my luggage was damaged by some substances that actually ruined the color and casing of it. There was a black stain on it on my return. I have checked with the cleaning staff since they do room cleaning each day, but they denied. My luggage was also not in the correct location that I've left it for. There was no possibility that I could have damaged my own luggage as to what your staff have accused me of (boiling water in the room). It was a strong chemical that actually damaged my luggage.

Upon investigation from the cleaning manager, they fully denied it was their fault. Who else could have entered the room to touch my luggage? Do they have a problem with their security if this was the case? The staff even accuse my luggage being a cheap one and that it couldn't endure the cold temperature of the weather in Korea. Is this the kind of reasoning and service the staff should portray?

It totally ruined my mood for the whole trip! Totally disappointed with this hotel service!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank AnonymousET
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed 6 nights, on Nov 2013 with friends, very kind staffs and helpful. Overall is good except hotel location is not really near to Myeongdong shopping area, sometime the taxi driver get lost or not familiar with the address. Breakfast is simply and great tastes but bored as exactly same menu every morning.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Josefin2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed November 7, 2013

we stayed in this hotel for our vacation in Seoul and I think it's the best choice we ever made, one of my friends forgot her wallet in the room and realized she left her wallet in the evening when we was in our visit to the N Seoul Tower in Namsan. So we rushed back to the hotel and Thanks God....the wallet still in our room. We highly appreciated the housekeeping staff for her/his honesty and I will reccomended this hotel to my friends for their visit in Seoul. The hotel also have a free shuttle bus from the Subway station and to any shopping place in Myeongdong. The shuttle bus driver very helpfull to manage our bagage since we all are ladies and raher difficult to take our big luggage on to the bus.Thank youu Sutton Hotel Myeongdong.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Erlintirto
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed November 6, 2013

hotel is just few minutes walk from Metro station. Walking distant to shopping & dining places of many choices. Room is clean & cozy, but a bit noisy as many metalware shops around and a few restaurant provides mid-night snacks till after mid-night.

Room Tip: tried a restaurant just one block behind the Hotel provides delicious chickens with some other snack...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Booked a room with private terrace and a Jacuzzi. The view was great and the terrace was huge, but rooms on the floor above could look down on us, so I would recommend to bring a bikini.
Size of the room was okay, and it was clean. But there was a bad smell coming from the bathroom and there was nothing to do to fix it.
Breakfast was rather poor and not worth to pay extra for.
Location was good. A quiet and safe area with short walking distance to line 2 and 3 and a little longer to 4 and 1. About 10 min walk to Jongak, Myeongdong and Insadong.
The morning we were leaving we planed to take the shuttle bus to Seoul Station. We were told to wait in line outside behind some sort of sign. Other guest were also told to wait there and we were about 5-10 ppl waiting there. The bus was parked a few meters away and suddenly it just drove off. We all looked at each other and no one understood what just happened. I went inside to ask if the bus left without us and they said yes and that the next bus was in an hour. I asked them why it left without us and they couldn’t answer. So DONT trust the Shuttle bus.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shwk
london
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Very handy location. Clean, comfortable rooms. Reasonable buffet breakfast. Helpful staff. In the basement was a 7-11 which is handy for late night provisions. The price and room size are good for Seoul.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple