“Warm people, warm place.. Perfect for a winter stay in Korea!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Family & Friends House

Family & Friends House
Ranked #29 of 532 Specialty Lodging in Seoul
Wellington, New Zealand
“Warm people, warm place.. Perfect for a winter stay in Korea!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

This place have provided a great service starting from the part where I'm booking for a stay down to my farewell to the place. For me, a great service starts from the part where the owner replies to your queries. And Lynette has been so helpful in providing the information I needed - as I'm traveling by myself and everything has to be organized to avoid hassles. So first impression: Very good!

I arrived very late, and I'm so stoked that she gladly waited for me and accompanied me to my room and made sure everything is okay. (Thanks Lynette for waiting!)

What can I say about the rooms? Clean, warm and very nice! Really perfect for my winter stay! The room that I've got was a shared room with bathroom (w/ warm water), washing machine, kitchen and lounge area. I have no issues with security as the room is password-locked. Free wi-fi is also provided and on top of that, a complimentary breakfast is offered which really made my stay so worth of what I've paid for!

Location is very convenient as it's a short walk from Hongik Station, which is apart from being one of the major stations in the city (and made my solo traveling so much easier!), is also one of the stops for the airport train.

And the staff? Amazing, friendly and comfortable to be with! I would definitely recommend this to my friends! Looking forward to seeing you again on my 2nd trip to Seoul!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank ianyum
하원김, 오너 at Family & Friends House, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear my friend

Thank you so much for your review on tripadvisor and we appreciate you for your staying with us.

You are so nice and warm-hearted lady, I'm sure.
Hope you enjoyed your trip with us in Seoul and had a wonderful memory as well.

Please let us know if you are coming to Korea again!

Looking foward to seeing you again very soon!
Lynette

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

How to begin this review ...? This guesthouse is awesome! You share a flat with 2 rooms, one kitchen (where you can make your own cooking) and one bathroom. This is VERY clean and very well furnished. The owner Linette and the manager Ellie are more than sympathic! They are very helpful, and do all they can to make you feel like at home. The delicious breakfast is included and you have an excellent wifi connexion everywhere in the guesthouse.
Finally, the guesthouse is very well located near to Hongik University metro station (5 minutes walking).
We definetly recommend you this place, and we will come back for sure! MERCI Lynette et Ellie!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
하원김, 오너 at Family & Friends House, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear my friends

Thank you so much for your review on Tripadvisor.
Are you enjoying Philippines trip now? I hope so.

Because you are so nice couple, so you could enjoy your staying as much as you could.
Ellie also miss you already so much!

I heard that you guys had a great party making crepe and having chicken when I was not in Korea and it was so fun!
Hope next time I want to join with you.

Please come and visit us again very soon and safe trip back!
Take care always!
lynette
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

so nice,but if the bed more cleaning will better~~~should have attiention^^It was my first time to Seoul, the duration of staying is good.Lynette the owner, she was nice.simle so beautiful.and the roommate are so interesting~we wish to come again soon!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
하원김, 오너 at Family & Friends House, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear my friend

Thank you so much for your review on Tripadvisor.

We are very sorry to hear that the bed was not clean enough.
WE will check it again and definately, will try to get better.

Hope you enjoyed your staying with us and had a wonderful memory in Korea.

Take care always and hope to see you again!
Love
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

The place is clean and safe, the owner and the staff are very friendly & helpful as she helped us find a good restaurant for budae jjigae and showed us the way there. It was my first time to Seoul, the duration of staying is good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear my friend

Thank you so much for our review on Tripadvisor.

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your staying with us.
I know that first trip in new country make us a bit nervous and excited at the same time.
So we are trying to make them feel comfortable and free to ask questions as much as they need.

You will be able to try to other cities in Korea as well next time for sure since we have so many places to go in Korea!!

Please take care always and don't forget us!
Miss you already!
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

This is my first time travelling to Seoul, and due to language barrier, me and my friends have some confusion on how to travel to Pyeongchang, thanks to Lynette and her staffs we managed to find our way. The room and toilet is clean and simple, I think is fair enough for the price we've paid, but most importantly, it was good hospitality and it was of great help for us to leave our luggage for a night to allow us to travel out of town for a short skiing trip, appreciate that very much. I would recommend travelers who do not wish to splurge too much on accommodation may consider Family & Friends, it is a good place to stay, with basic facilities and breakfast provided for the price offered.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear my friend

Thank you so much for you review on tripadvisor.

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your staying with us!
We are trying to improve our service more and more so you will get better service next time!

Hope you enjoyed your ski tour as well!
Once again, thank you for being our friends and hope to see you again soon!
Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Lynette the owner... she was superb! Helpful and family type... we all cry on the last day. She will help u out for ideas itinerary...
Shopping!! Omg.. yes you can ask her opinion...
Well... as a muslim... we only go for vege or cook ourselves at the place...very eady to get groceries..just nearby.

The place so clean... we wish to come again soon!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear my sister

Thank you so much for your review and we have not expected it!

I also feel like you are my family in Malaysia too.
When we had to say good bye, I was so sad and sorry.

Hope you had a wonderful time in Seoul and also with us!
Take care always and please say hello to your all of family for me!

Hope to see you again someday soon!
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

This is my first travel overseas. I went with my husband for honeymoon backpack trip in Seoul in October 2013
The rooms are clean. The door is locked with passcode, I feel safe staying in this guesthouse. But there's no safety deposit box like how hotel has it, but it's ok, I kept important things in my luggage with passcode lock. The Wifi speed was awesome. 2 rooms share a bathroom. We were lucky there weren't anyone staying in another room, so we kinda colonize the whole unit (except for one night where there was a Korean family which I did not find uncomfortable because we went back late and when we woke up they already left). Hair and body shampoo and hair dryer are provided, very convenient. We also find the free Seoul map, subway map and attraction booklets provided very useful. Breakfast was simple with bread, egg and ramen.
If I have to say one weakness of this guesthouse, it has no lift or escalator, so we had to carry the luggage up. Luckily we stay at the 1st floor, so no big deal. They have another new guesthouse now next to the old one, hope the new one has a lift.
The owner, Lynette is very friendly with good English. She's like a big sister. She greeted us every morning when we had our breakfast and always initiated conversations with us by asking us where we are planning to go. She also suggested attractions which are worth visiting. When we hugged and say goodbye before we check out, I feel like coming back again soon to visit this friendly sister again.
The good thing about guesthouse in Seoul is people who stay there get to eat breakfast together at the same table and share traveling experience together. We were lucky there were travelers who are friendly and great to talk to. Lynette always sat at her office table near the breakfast table listening to our conversation, chip in to chat sometimes.
Staying in this guesthouse makes me feel like home. My most favourite time in Seoul is the breakfast time in this guesthouse, more than the attractions in Seoul. I wish I don't get baby so soon so that I can go back to visit this guesthouse and Lynette soon. =)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear my sister

Thank you so much for your review.

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your staying with us.

As soon as we got that this is honeymoon trip for you, we were so glad to have you.
You are wonderful couple, i never met before i''m sure, that's why you enjoyed your trip as much as you could.

Hope all of you are always happy in your life and make a good family as well.
Don't be afraid of having baby and just try it.

You can bring kids in Korea next time!

Take care always & we already miss you!