“A gem in Hongdae Area”

Duriworld House
Ranked #23 of 932 Seoul B&B and Inns
“A gem in Hongdae Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

I was so fortunate to find Duriworld House during my stay in SK. I stayed here.for 8 days (6-bed room) and made it my homebase as I travel to other part of SK.

It was indeed my home away from home.

I will stay here again next time and will recommend as well.

Jhes (Jesshanie)

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank einahssej0103

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed at “Duriworld House” for 7 nights during my visit to Korea in February 2014.
I had been to another guesthouse a few years before but I wanted a single room this time, and spent some time searching for one. I found Duriworld and it was proved a gem.

Reservation was easy. I liked Duriworld didn’t require a deposit of money to secure the room.
Some other guesthouses do require deposit. I can make deposit but I know it is not easy for some people.

I was surprised and happy to be greeted by 3 of so friendly staff that I felt right at home.
The room was very clean and I could have complete privacy including private bath and shower.
It was perfect for a loner like me. I enjoyed the free breakfast every morning. I liked their coffee the best over the coffee from cafés or restaurants.

Duriworld is conveniently located for easy transportation from the airport and then anywhere to the city. The best of all, it is “Hongdae” if you already know what it means, or you will soon see what a fascinating place it is. It is said that Hongdae never sleeps. It means that there are lots of activities you can enjoy every day and well into the night, so many people are out there, and you are very safe to walk around in the night.

I visit Korea once in a couple years and now I don’t have to spend time searching for a place to stay because I know where I am going to.

BSOM from Chicago

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank BSOM78
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Perfect location within walking distance to hongdae district, shopping, food, and to local metro line. Staff were informative and very friendly. I think the best part of our stay was the breakfast and staying in the pororo themed family room. Clean rooms and free wifi. Thanks grace, we enjoyed our stay! Hope to see you again some day and maybe we will see you in japan!

• Stayed January 2014
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

From Hongdae Subway Exit 2 walk approximately 5 to 7 minutes, the traffic is very convenient.

reception staff English is very good and very friendly.
the rooms were large,and they will help to clean the room.

as well as they have regular spraying fragrance machines do not have to worry about eating barbecue taste (laughs).

Only drawback,I think the problem is bathroom too small,and the rest are feeling very happy.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank kumako520
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

traffic is convenient.
staff is very nice and help me a lot.
if i have a vocation with seoul again, i will be stay
here absolutely.
at duriworld house i feel relax.
i like this feeling,
and here ererybody is easy with.

• Stayed January 2014
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

It takes only 5 minutes from hostel to Line 2 Hongik University station.
But it's really quiet at night for sleeping.
Staffs are nice and friendly.
It's a comfortable place and feel like home :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

My family were very happy at this guesthouse. The location is not far from MRT. The owner and staffs are very kind and nice. My kid love this place very much. It's like home , comfortable and safe. Thank you for your help and we will be back again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family