“Lovely hotel, location a slight challenge”
Review of Conrad Seoul

Conrad Seoul
Ranked #25 of 500 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed September 25, 2013

As someone wrote previously, leave plenty of time if you need to get to Gangnam for any meetings.

Riverside view is great and the room is very nicely presented. Great technology, good space, closet etc.

The only real gripe I have is that the pool is closed now (Sep 26th, 27th). No indication of that when I booked, and in fact this morning the website has info about the pool cleaning but it says Sep 6th and 7th! Bit disappointing, to be honest.
GG

Room Tip: Get riverside if you can.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Conrad_Seoul_Hotel, 제너럴 매니저 at Conrad Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all, I am truly sorry to hear you have experienced inconvenience during your stay. We will make sure to reflect your opinion to enhance better quality of service and to serve utmost hospitality to our guests.

Thank you for your precious time in leaving us a feedback of your stay at Conrad Seoul. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the near future to regain confidence. Thank you.

There are newer reviews for Conrad Seoul

Reviewed September 25, 2013

This Hotel is very nice and comfortable to stay at. I would stay here again on travels through the city. I did not get to use the pool but it looked very intresting and wish I had time to used this option. The bar is great as it is on the top floor and you can see the entire city.

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for choosing Conrad Seoul as your accommodation. Also, I truly appreciate your precious time in leaving us a feedback of your stay. I am glad to hear you have enjoyed our room and the 37Bar. Upon your next arrival, please do take the time to experience our indoor swimming pool, illuminating natural sunlight from the ceiling window.

Once again, I truly appreciate your precious feedback and we look forward to greeting you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

For me, it was an eye-opening experience into the world of first-class hospitality to stay at the Conrad Hotel in Seoul. My room was exquisite--complete with high-tech amenities like magic screens in the bathroom, incredible views of the city, wonderfully comfortable bed, the International Herald Tribune on my door each morning, and in-room amenities too many too mention. I stayed here for five nights on business and, as a single woman traveller, I was struck by how much I have been missing by staying at other hotels in the U.S. This is no bargain hotel but the value I received was exceptional. Because of this stay, I booked myself into the Conrad in Bangkok later this year--and joined Hilton Honors. Pay the extra money for access to the executive/concierge floor. In addition to the view, the breakfasts were wonderful. And eat in the hotel. Incredible international food and wines. If an upscale hotel is within your reach for business or pleasure, stay here in Seoul.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a room with access to the concierge/executive lounge. Good wines and snacks at happy...
1  Thank jhartig1

Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for your precious time in leaving us a feedback of your stay at Conrad Seoul. We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed our high-tech rooms and variety of food and wine Conrad Seoul has got to offer. On your next arrival, please do take the time to experience more facilities of ours, as our guests' experience is the utmost focus for us.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Where do I start?
Well firstly I have no complaints whatsoever – the hotel is a real 5-star. My criterion for judging a hotel, if the accommodation itself is OK, is the service. It was perfect from check-in to check-out. I decided to pay more for a hotel that I normally would and booked an executive room for two nights. The advantage is, of course, having use of the executive lounge.
I could write pages of nothing but praise but I’ll try to keep it short.

Location of Hotel
I visited Seoul for the first time at the end of April and stayed in a hotel in the centre of the city. This was ideal in that all the tourist hotspots were within walking distance. The Conrad hotel is in a business area and is a bit far out of the centre of Seoul which, when I first arrived, I thought was a slight disadvantage. After travelling into the “centre” a few times, maybe 15 or 20 minutes by metro, the thought disappeared. The view from the room over the Han River and the nearby shopping mall more than made up for minor inconvenience of the need to travel.
The shopping mall forms part of the direct covered route to the subway station, which is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. The mall itself is large and very modern, having just celebrated its 1st anniversary.

Check-in and Check-out.
We took a very early flight from Japan on Saturday morning and arrived at the hotel just after 10am. Early check in – no problem! However I had been forewarned that it wasn’t always possible. It was the same at check-out in that we were able to stay in the room until 2pm. The check in staff made everything so smooth and easy.

Room
This is where I could write reams. We were in an executive room on the 30th floor with a view over the Han River. The room itself was very large and the bathroom was superbly appointed. The bed was really comfortable. My partner doesn’t like soft pillows whereas I do. I’d seen on the website that the Conrad has a “pillow bank” and so we asked if she could have a harder pillow, which duly arrived. I can’t really do the room justice in words so I’ve attached a few photographs.

Hotel Facilities
I didn’t make use of the spa, swimming pool or gym but I will when I stay again – and I DO intend to stay again. The executive lounge on the 37th floor was spacious, comfortable and had views over three sides of the hotel. Between 5 and 7 pm, complimentary food and is available and it’s a nice place to relax before going out for the evening. I’ve attached a photo of the lounge.

Breakfast
Executive room guests have the choice of eating in either the “Zest” restaurant on the 2nd floor or in the executive lounge on the 37th floor. We chose to eat both days in the 2nd-foor restaurant and so I can’t comment on the breakfast in the lounge. Before staying at the Seoul Conrad, the best buffet breakfast I’d ever come across was in the Regent hotel in Taipei. The Conrad breakfast has now taken over that accolade for me. I’ve attached a photo of part of the selection of food available.

Would I stay again?
Although the accommodation is at the high end of the price range available in Seoul, if you can afford it there’s no better place to stay. I haven’t tried any other hotels in Seoul of the same standard so how could I know? It’s because I’ve given the Seoul Conrad the maximum score in every category and that can’t be bettered – can it? I love Seoul and I love the Conrad Seoul. Thank you to all the management and staff for making our stay so memorable.
If you intend to stay at the Conrad, it’s worth downloading the app.

3  Thank stuchisnall

Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for choosing Conrad Seoul as your accommodation. Also, we appreciate your precious time in leaving us a feedback of your stay. We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed our rooms. On your next arrival, please do take the time to experience more facilities of ours.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Having opened recently, Conrad Seoul certainly looks and feels amazing - on the surface it emits an aura of luxury. Unfortunately, whether its the bad timing or the nonchalant attitude of the hotel staff, the service was far from satisfactory.

Our stay was for 8 nights/9 days, and we are currently on our last night before we fly back out to our home in Los Angeles.

When we first walked in, a suave looking gentleman approached us. He handed us his business card, noting that he was the Assistant Guest Relations Manager, he informed us that if there were any problems during our stay, we just needed to contact him. This would be great in theory, but unfortunately, the guy would later be on vacation for 4 out of the 8 nights of our stay.

Our first 3 nights were perfect. The staff were friendly, the pool was spacious, and the fitness center had every imaginable equipment (aside from a power rack - ouch). Unfortunately, after our fourth night, the hotel started running a special promotion to welcome the Korean Thanksgiving holiday, Chuseok.

Now, I love people, and I'm not against promotions ran by the hotel, but the public areas were jammed packed beyond belief. The most horrific was the hotel pool. As an avid swimmer, access to the pool is one of my top priorities when I look for a hotel. Instead of a luxurious private getaway, the pool was a complete wreck - it was public mayhem with people shoved into the pool like lab rats packed in to the two available swimming lanes. Mind you Conrad Seoul only has 3 lanes, one of which is RESERVED for paying gym members (as hotel guests, I felt like I was less priveledged than the paying gym members... not good when a 5 star hotel is suppose to cater to people that wished to be pampered.) Now, I'm not asking for an entire lane to myself, I don't even mind sharing it with a few others... but when a lane has 7-8 people, with the third lane probably with 10-15 kids, no serious amount of swimming can be done.

The second thing that nagged me was that hotel guests were limited to a one time access to the pool, per day, for approximately 1.5hrs. So if I swam early in the morning while the wife is asleep, and later returned in the afternoon to swim with my wife, I'd be denied. This was never mentioned during the booking process, and, had I known, would have looked elsewhere.

Finally, while the hotel staff makes efforts to clean the pool every 2 hours, when I saw white matter (dead skin?) floating in the jammed packed pool, I decided that was it. I promptly exited after about 10 minutes in the pool.

Aside from the pool, during the peak days (the last 5 nights actually), the staff looked frantic and need of additional employees. For example, I would call Conrad Service to request gym clothing (which were normally provided before), only to be rejected saying they were understaffed and that no employee was available to stop by our rooms (really? not one employee?). On another occasion, our booking information showed that we were allowed to request for a late checkout (which would allow us to checkout at 3pm). While I understand it IS a request, after being a guest at the hotel for 8 nights, and going through subpar service, I would expect that the late checkout would be granted. Instead, the hotel staff informed us that we would need to leave the hotel by 2pm at the latest. The hotel couldn't give us ONE additional hour? Having a flight at 8pm, a 3pm checkout would've been ideal. During my stay, I had the strong sense of feeling that the hotel wasn't accommodating to my needs, but rather that I was accommodating to the hotel.

Certainly, not all is bad. The rooms in Conrad Seoul are comfortable, spacious, and has a great view of the Hangang river. The rooms are also kept very clean, thanks to the excellent cleaning staff. To give some credit, the staff was never demeaning or rude - it's just they also never seemed to have cared for the customer's concerns (guest relations manager... you give me your business card to contact during my 8 day stay and you go on vacation? really? lol.) However, it's unfortunate that the hotel can get booked to the extent where the infrastructure can't properly handle key holiday seasons - unwary foreign travelers, like ourselves, would be utterly shocked at the complete negligence displayed by the hotel.

Room Tip: While access to the Executive Lounge is good, it's not really all that great unless you're a...
2  Thank SEONGKIM83

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to express my deepest apologies for your negative experiences you had to go through during your visit, as this certainly does not meet the service we strive to provide to our valuable guest such as you.

I have talked to our management team to assure such will not happen again and to enhance our service and quality by strategically finding ways to operate the swimming pool and public spaces better, especially on peak periods.

Once again, I truly apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced and hope you will provide us an opportunity to welcome you back to regain your confidence in our hotel. Thank you.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed at the Conrad Seoul because there was a conference there. The hotel has been finished to a very high end spec in term of technology, restaurants and amenities. The indoor pool was large. The service excellent. The only negative is the location. This is not in a part of Seoul where a lot happens.

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts
Conrad_Seoul_Hotel, 제너럴 매니저 at Conrad Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you choosing to stay at Conrad Seoul and your precious time in leaving us a feedback of your stay. We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed our state-of-the-art technology and facilities. Please take the time to experience more facilities of ours upon your next stay with us.

We look forward to greeting you back in the near future. Thank you.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed at the Conrad only one night on our way to Thailand, unfortunately, as the hotel and our room were absolutely beautiful and we would've liked to stay longer. This hotel is brand new with all top of the line details and amenities - travertine and marble bathroom, Japanese style toilet, super comfy bed with nice linens, excellent view, the best high tech electronics.. We were upgraded to a really nice corner suite due to Hilton Gold status. The only con was this is really more of a business hotel so taxi's take a while both to and from and not near any tourist type walking areas or restaurants. This was a minor inconvenience so not faulting them. Service was excellent as well.

Room Tip: Corner view suite
1  Thank kathytuzzi

Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for choosing to stay at Conrad Seoul on your way to Thailand. Also, we highly appreciate your precious time in leaving us a feedback of your stay. We are very glad to hear that you have enjoyed our up-to-date technology and facilities during your stay. We will continue to provide consistent service throughout.

Upon your next visit, please do stay with us longer to provide you more experiences in Conrad Seoul and Seoul. Thank you.