“This is the best choice for first time visit”
Review of Conrad Seoul

Conrad Seoul
Ranked #22 of 472 Hotels in Seoul
Walnut Creek, California
“This is the best choice for first time visit”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I had my first meeting in Seoul and had never stayed there. I found the Conrad Seoul to be perfectly located to allow me to take public transit to tour all over the city and also make easy connection to car service for outside the area.

The breakfast buffet is very large with choices for just about any traveler and the service was also quick.

My room was very well appointed and an upscale design. I felt like it was unique as opposed to just a rubber stamped copy of 1000 other rooms in other hotels. TV in bathroom mirror and the opaque feature on the bathroom class are both good "extra" features that I appreciate seeing and using.

I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: as for a room on higher floor to get maximum advantage of the view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Conrad_Seoul_Hotel, 제너럴 매니저 at Conrad Seoul, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for choosing Conrad Seoul as your accommodation. We are glad you have enjoyed your stay with us. Also, we appreciate your sincere feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Nils-Arne Schroeder

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
shanghai, China
Reviewed July 7, 2013

All service and facilities is excellent, except internet has been disconnected several time, but when I responded this problem to the counter, they kindly cut my internet fee one day out of..it's appreciated.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Conrad_Seoul_Hotel, 제너럴 매니저 at Conrad Seoul, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Conrad Seoul as your accommodation. We truly appreciate your precious time in leaving us a feedback.

We look forward to greeting you back at Conrad Seoul in the near future.

Porter Ranch, California, United States
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I just hate when a "five star" hotel suffers so much on the quality of the dining on property. The buffet spread had a large selection but only one or two items were edible. The overall appearance if the hotel and the presentation was nice but food is a big issue for me. I rather enjoyed my stay at westin chosun and park hyatt compared to conrad.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank John K
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your providing your valuable comments. Firstly please allow me to express our sincere apologies for not being able to meet your expectation during your stay with us. I am very disappointed to learn your expedience and would like to assure you that together with my leadership team we are reflecting your feedback to enhance our service and quality.

Once again I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused and do hope that you will provide us with an opportunity to welcome you back to regain your confidence in our hotel.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Came for a conference, and as it was a weekend, the wife joined.

Hotel is brand new, so new you can smell it. Rooms are very modern, nice design with some cool features such as the "magic glass" between bathroom and bedroom which turns opaque at the push of a button. A TV inset into the bathroom mirror. Staff highly professional.

As I am not sure if their restaurants are listed yet, I'd like to recommend the Grill and Bar on level 37. Excellent steaks, good wines and a fabulous sommelier, Justin or more precisely, Donghyuk Shin who really knows his job. Very discrete, very knowledgeable. He is a finalist for the upcoming Korean sommelier competition, he deserves an award!

So why in sum only four stars? Well, this is truly a first class hotel. But little details such as the immediate presence of staff are lacking. If we are talking luxury, staff presence- discrete yet available any time - is the ultimate. There are some hotels around that can provide this- e.g. see my review of Four Seasons in Macau and only because of these, I give four stars here.

But I/ we enjoyed he stay, and would come back gladly.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Conrad Seoul as your accommodation. We truly appreciate your precious feedback. We will continuously try to enhance our luxury service in every part of the hotel.

We look forward to greeting you back at Conrad Seoul in the near future.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I recently stayed here for 4 nights and I can only say good things about my stay. The staff were very friendly and the concierge was top notch. I had some packages to send and receive and they took care of it better than myself. I'm an avid coffee drinker and I truly appreciated the nespresso machine in the room.

I'm going to stay here for another 5 nights next week and I can't wait to check in!

I used to think Park Hyatt in Ganganm was the best but Conrad is my favorite now. If you don't have to go to Gangman, stay here! The best hotel in Seoul, period!

Room Tip: higher floors will have better view of the river. I stayed on 32nd floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Conrad_Seoul_Hotel, 제너럴 매니저 at Conrad Seoul, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Conrad Seoul as your accommodation. Your thankful feedback is highly appreciated to enhance our service.

We look forward to greeting you back soon at Conrad Seoul.

Vero Beach, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This hotel is fabulous. I highly doubt you will find a more luxurious stay in downtown Seoul. The staff were attentive and all spoke and understands English. Concierge was able to send us to the exact experiences we were looking for. All the elements of the hotel were of the highest quality and up to the highest technological standard available.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your precious time for writing feedback of your stay at Conrad Seoul. We are glad to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Love Conrads and any opportunity that allows me to stay at one. This one's brand spankin' new and it was shiny!

Room was chic. Real nice Apple TV. Comfy bed. Excellent shower.

Staff was great, except the concierge was not at the level I would like it to be. Received much better advice when speaking with the staff in the Executive Lounge... Lesson learned!

Lounge is real good. Great view of the River... when the weather's nice it makes a great sunset.

Spa is top quality. Pool is very good.

There's a mall / subway underground. Subway takes about 12 minutes to reach (bit of a walk). Mall has an excellent Western food court and a really cool movie theater (saw Django there) that made me feel like I was in Brooklyn.

Had a meal at the Italian restaurant in the hotel 1 night. It was incredible, the price was staggeringly high!

Taxi drivers may not know the hotel... gotta bring a card with the address / phone number on it. You can try saying IFC but that didn't register with them..

Stayed at the Imperial Palace last time I was in Seoul... Needless to say, I would much rather stay here!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Conrad_Seoul_Hotel, 제너럴 매니저 at Conrad Seoul, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Conrad Seoul as your accommodation. We highly appreciate your precious time in writing a feedback of your stay. We are glad you have enjoyed your stay at Conrad Seoul.

We look forward to greeting you back in the near future.