“New, Modern and High Tech. Plus convenience of a Shopping Mall adjoining.”
Review of Conrad Seoul

Conrad Seoul
Ranked #28 of 529 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed there 3nights in April while attending a trade show. The hotel is brand new ( 6 months!), modern and fitted with high technology gadgets. The entire hotel is clean and beautiful. The room size is huge. The bed is most comfortable and the facilities such as TV ,sound system, internet, bathroom etc. are indeed excellent. Everything inside the room are top range and latest in design and technology. The staff are well trained and extremely polite and helpful. The IFC Shopping Mall adjoining this hotel is impressive and most convenient and advantages to those who may have very little time to go shopping elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Conrad_Seoul_Hotel, 제너럴 매니저 at Conrad Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your precious time in sharing your experience at Conrad Seoul. We are glad you have enjoyed your time in Seoul and Conrad Seoul.

Nils-Arne Schroeder

Write a ReviewReviews (1,974)

Reviewed May 5, 2013

when I checked out late from the hotel, the hotel charged me whole night price which is fine. When I tried to pay, I run out of cash, I asked the front desk Representative (Owen Park) to give me 5 minutes to withdraw the remaining (70 USD) from the ATM machine out side the hotel. He insists to take my lagged or passport at his custody until I bring the remaining 70 $$. I found it offensive while I have already paid more than 1600 $$ he should respect my honesty and we are not in 2 stars hotel customers. Also, I have already paid more than 95% of the amount, So You should not worry to much for the small amount. Anyhow, He took my passport under his custody, then I brought the 70 USD. Amazingly, he asked for small changes (cents) in order to give me the passport. The Taxi driver gave the small change finally.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Hattan M
Conrad_Seoul_Hotel, 제너럴 매니저 at Conrad Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all, we apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced. I regret to learn that you have experienced some difficulties during your stay.
We will reflect your feedback in order to enhance our service.
Thank you for your precious time in sharing your feedback of Conrad Seoul. We look forward to greeting you back soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was attending a two-day conference at the hotel and decided to stay in. Upon arrival, was warmly greeted by a tall gentleman (His name tag reads as "Cook") - appreciated the welcome especially after having travelled overnight. Concierge was also helpful with various queries - even calling the supermarket to enquire the availability of certain items that I needed to purchase. On the whole, it was a warm and friendly stay during the two rainy days I was in Seoul. Blessed!

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your precious time in sharing your experience at Conrad Seoul and acknowledging our staff. We hope you have enjoyed your time in Seoul and Conrad Seoul.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The hotel is beautiful and the staff was very kind and polite. One of the best hotels I've stayed in for business travel. I was very impressed with appearance and accommodations. I would highly recommend this particular hotel to anyone travelling to Seoul, South Korea. Thank you and your staff for your wonderul hospitality.

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts
Conrad_Seoul_Hotel, 제너럴 매니저 at Conrad Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for your precious time in leaving us a feedback of your stay at Conrad Seoul. We are very glad you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Please share your stay with your friends and colleagues visiting Seoul. Also, please visit us back in the near future. Thank you..

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I've been to a few 5-star hotels in Seoul, which have for the most part impressed me. I'm usually more loyal to Hyatt, but I decided that this property was pretty exciting and despite the initial bad reviews, the teething problems ought to be over, right?

The good:

The hotel is beautiful, chic, and it's presence in the new IFC mall area is something to behold. We booked a weekend here, which included breakfasts at Zest, which is a fine restaurant. It's huge, and perfectly laid-out into four groups of cuisine- all of which are excellent. The restaurant was packed in the morning, but we still managed to get a corner table which was fantastic. Juices were great, coffee was good, and service in the restaurant was good, too.

The rooms were good, and although I'm not a designer, I would have to say that they are really uninspired for a building with such a beautiful exterior. Nothing really seemed to match, nor did anything really stand out. On the other hand, the bathroom was excellent and the Nespresso machine was perfect.

The bad:

The CONRAD CONCIERGE app is utterly useless. I made 3 requests (one before check-in and two after) which were all ignored. Ok, fine. We were celebrating a birthday on the day that we checked in, and I made a few requests beforehand for the Conrad "birthday package" (usually it's a cake and a Conrad bear). We arrived at the room and found nothing. She was disappointed and I was embarrassed. I called again to remind them of our request, much to their bemusement. Two hours later? Still nothing. We came back from the pool and found that 1/2 of it arrived, but no bear to be found. I gave up and went to bed.

Heaps of amenities (toothbrushes, combs, shaving kit, etc) were missing from the room and had to be requested. Again, I used the CONRAD CONCIERGE app, but no response. I called guest services who brought them up, but he insisted in coming into the bathroom for some reason. Maybe it's just me, but that's a really odd thing to do.

The pool was nice and big, but again some problems. When entering the 8th floor, nobody asked for my room number, key, or anything. Anyone could have walked in to the pool without problems. When I went to the change rooms, I thought I had walked into the wrong room- it was smaller than my closet and was rammed with people. How could a hotel with 400+ rooms make such a spacial error like this? Everywhere else is enormous, but they seemed to skimp here.

I like this hotel, but the service and attention to detail needs some serious rework. There is a small chance I will come here again, if only to eat at their fantastic restaurant, but if you are looking for service, you might want to consider elsewhere.

Room Tip: Riverview rooms are great. The higher, the better.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank manh_attan04
CONRAD_SEOUL, General Manager at Conrad Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you choosing to stay with us and providing us with detailed constructive feedback that will help us to rectify highlighted areas and services. I truly apologize for your unpleasant experience with the missing amenities in the room and failure to respond to your requests via Conrad Concierge. Would like to assure you that all your comments are being taken seriously and our teams are working through to avoid such repetition in the future.

I do appreciate and have gladly shared your positive review about Zest with our teams.

If given an opportunity, I sincerely hope to welcome you back to our hotel to regain your confidence in Conrad Seoul.

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Located next to IFC mall in the heart of Yoeido financial district, Conrad is a recent addition to the growing hotel scene in Seoul. Stayed for 5 nights for a conference and meetings. The room on the executive floor was large and very well appointed. Large comfy bed, flat screen TV, large bathroom etc.
It has 3 restaurants and a lobby cafe. The executive lounge on 37th floor was very spacious. The hotel has an excellent gym, opened 24X7. You can access the mall from the hotel lift directly. The mall has a large food court, with plenty to satisfy every taste bud, including an Indian restaurant. The park next to the hotel is nice for a walk and Han river is walking distance too.
The service was pleasant throughout. The Zest restaurant on 2nd floor offers a good breakfast spread. We also tried other 2 restaurants and found food to be pretty decent, though not spectacular!
Strangely, the executive lounge didn't offer any food during lunch time. I have stayed on the executive floors of rival chains and they all offer something more to eat than just 2 boxes of cookies! Even the lobby cafe doesn't offer much to eat. Th hotel needs a place where one can grab a sandwich etc. And it needs a bar! The area around the hotel have office buildings mostly and very little to offer in terms of shops, restaurants and street life.
The hotel is best suited for business travel. For others, this area may not be the best choice.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Ibnbatutaa

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Conrad Seoul. We hope you have enjoyed your time in Seoul and Conrad Seoul. We will reflect your precious feedback to enhance your next experience with us.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We were visiting Seoul for the first time so wanted to see the sights. The location of the hotel was great. Easy transfer from Inchon on the hotel bus. Upgraded because of HHDiamond to a wonderful room with beautiful view as well as the Lounge. Lounge had very nice breakfasts as well as evening drinks and snacks.
The Metro was super easy to negotiate to everywhere we wanted to visit and if you are into malls and shopping - it's right there.
Beautifully designed rooms and public areas and super service (esp. in the Lounge). They are very proud of their new hotel and it shows.

Room Tip: Get an Executive room with Lounge access
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank divezuzu

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Conrad Seoul and your precious time for writing a feedback for us. Hope you have enjoyed your time in Seoul and Conrad Seoul.