“Smart Luxury at Its Best”
Review of Conrad Seoul

Conrad Seoul
Ranked #27 of 518 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We arrived in Seoul on one of the record coldest day in 27 years and we can't tell you what a relief it was when we reached Conrad Seoul and entered our amazing and spacious room. We had an executive room overlooking the Han River on the 30th floor with lounge access. Our family of four (2 adults + 2 kids aged 4 and 6) made it our retreat from 01/02 to 01/09.

Being in Yeouido and in the financial hub of Seoul, Conrad Seoul is away from the major touristy attractions and hustle bustle of downtown that can be easily reached via subway (lines 5 and 9) that directly connects to the IFC mall without having to walk outside. The location is great for us if we didn't mind taking a short subway ride. Also very convenient is the airport bus from Incheon Int'l Airport which will stop directly in front of the hotel's entrance (take bus #6030 at gate 12, 15,000 won adult/11,000 child).

As soon as we descended the bus, bell hops were already handling our luggage and showed us to the check in counter then up to our room where we were personally shown the details of the room. Our room was prepared with Aroma Therapy toiletries, but we're advised that there're 3 types of toiletries that we can choose from: Aroma Therapy, Shanghai Tang and ?? (I didn't use the last one so I'd forgot) and if we want to try the others, all we have to do is to make a request, which I thought was a nice touch. I also like the fact that we could set the water temperature in our shower at the exact degree and I love the rain shower head. As it is winter, I also appreciate the fact that our toilet seat is warmed up when in use. :-)

Buffet breakfast on the 37th Floor is sumptuous (the best I think of any Hilton Executive Lounge I've seen) where both hot and cold food is served. Eggs can be prepared to your liking and there's also smoke salmon to choose from if you're up for it in the early morning. There's a variety of bread, cheese, fruits and juices. The fact that it is opened until 10:30 a.m. weekdays to allow us sufficient time to enjoy it is plus. I wish however that the evening cocktails hours is opened to family with kids as well. We would like to thank the extremely courteous and helpful staff at the Executive Lounge for making our stay and daily breakfast very pleasant and enjoyable. We do not speak any Korean but was able to communicate and request any assistance from finding a laundry service to figuring out which bus and station to take to the Intercontinental Alpensia in Pyeongchang (there is only one bus which leaves at 5:30 a.m. from Yeouido Station.)

We also did make use of the magnificent pool and impressive facilities (bath robes, slippers, caps, and foam boards were provided). I wish that my children were able to use the bath house as well as use the virtual golf range, as it is limited to adults only.

Because Conrad Seoul was very newly open, it is understandable that a few minor issues will arise but that I am sure in the long run will be worked out. For example, somehow my daughter's Hello Kitty stuff animal (among a few other stuff animals that she brought with her) was missing from the room, which I believe was probably mixed up with the laundry when bed sheets were changed. We brought it to the hotel's attention the next day and while they could not find the Hello Kitty, they were very attentive in looking into that issue and apologize with a note and treat plate. I also wish that the hotel will have a "transformer" available in site for visitors coming from other parts of the world not using 220v (I was surprised to find that the Intercontinental Alpensia has it). Nevertheless, overall, the Conrad Seoul took great care of us and we have gladly recommended it to our friends and family.

Room Tip: Executive Room with river view and lounge privilege is a great value.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank kiddofox
CONRAD_SEOUL, 제너럴 매니저 at Conrad Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review and we are glad to hear that you are satisfied staying in Conrad Seoul.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Conrad Seoul soon.

Best Regards,

Nils-Arne Schroeder

Write a ReviewReviews (1,972)

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed on an Executive floor in a corner suite which has a separate bedroom and lounge room. The decor has sophisticated clean lines in the room and throughout the hotel. Great design of the room including the best bathroom layout I have experienced in a long time.

The technology in the room was up to 2013 standards with an iMac Mini connected to each flat screen TV, there was on in the bedroom and one in the lounge room. This enabled us to access the internet from the TV aswell as stream movies from the internet or from our own devices. Our room was on the 32nd floor which gave us great views of the Han River and Yeouido Park.

The service from the hotel staff was excellent, right from the moment we drove into the forecourt of the hotel and had our car taken care of in Valet Parking, then we were taken up to the 37th Floor for our Executive Room check-in whilst sipping a coffee. This high level of service continued throughout our stay, we were made to feel very special every time we interacted with the staff.

The Executive Lounge on the 37th floor with great views of the Han River is spacious and offers a great breakfast, the best we have ever had in an Executive Lounge and a good range of drinks at Cocktail time in the evenings.

I can recommend dinner at the Grill on the 37th floor, excellent service, we had the Tasting Menu and enjoyed a full range of what the restaurant had to offer. We were seated along the window which gave us great night time views of Seoul.

The hotel is alongside the IFC shopping Mall, you can reach it directly via a walkway in the basement. The Mall is predominantly a fashion Mall with a good range of restaurants in the basement and a nice place to spend some time shopping or eating.

I highly recommend the Conrad Seoul as the place to stay in Seoul either for a great weekend outing or as place to stay if you are travelling to Seoul on business.

Room Tip: Pick room as high up as possible, Han River facing for the best views
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
CONRAD_SEOUL, 제너럴 매니저 at Conrad Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comment. I am glad you had a good experience at Conrad Seoul. We will keep doing our best to exceed your expectation.
We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

This hotel is only a few months old, but the courteousness of the staff and the refinement in the finishings are top-notch. Our family (2 young children) thoroughly enjoyed the room which is a combination of extreme comfort, high tech and tasteful finishings. With Seoul hitting all-time lows in temperatures when we were there, the warmth and smiles in the hotel were most welcoming. We tried two of the three restaurants - both were fantastic, and the Executive Lounge Happy Hour was the most luxurious I have ever seen. Fabulous wines and several types of olives, cheeses and breads, not to mention enough variety of hot food to feast on. Would especially recommend to the business traveler as this gem sits right in the centre of Seoul's financial district.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear guest,

We truly appreciate your kind comment and it is great to find out that you and your family enjoyed staying with us.

We truly hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed here for 3 days and this hotel is awesome. It is a very new hotel and everything related to this property is top notch. The people and service are at a very high level. I am a Gold member and the executive lounge is the best lounge i've ever been in at a Hilton property. Fitness room is larger and stocked with machines better than most large health clubs. I used to stay at the Hilton Millin. when is Seoul but will always stay here now.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dww1

Dear guest,

Thank you for your considerate comment.
We are delighted to know that you are satisfied with our service and facilities.

We truly hope to welcome you here soon.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have stayed 4 nights in late dec and early jan 2013. Hotel is very nice, spacious room with 2 double beds so perfect for a family with 2 little children. Breakfast Was very good and lots of variety with some menu change every day. Nespresso machine in the room is vey nice touch but no milk or creamer are provided so you have to ask for them every day. House keeper need more attention to top up the amenities including shampo and body wash. Overall very well high standard just little more attention to detail is needed.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kemandoran
CONRAD_SEOUL, 제너럴 매니저 at Conrad Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your time in writing your review and are glad you had a pleasant experience at our property. We will continually work towards improving our detailed services to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I've stayed at Conrads in Hong Kong, Bangkok, and Singapore, along with a lot of Hilton properties in Asia, and I have to say this is the best of the lot. I completed two separate one-night stays recently. As a HHonors Gold member, I was upgraded to an Executive Room, and checked in at the Executive Lounge. The lounge is enormous, and very nicely appointed. While the evening snack spread wasn't as good as some other Asian properties (Doubletree KL for example), the ambiance could not be beat, with lovely views over the Han River. The lounge was also quite quiet, which was nice.

The rooms are very spacious, the bathrooms too. I didn't have any technology related issues, and having a Mac Mini wired to the TV was nice. There was also a Nespresso machine in the room, though I don't know if this is just executive rooms.

The breakfast spread was very good, as one expects in Asia, and the restaurant spacious.

Staff were extremely polite and genuine, offering advice and information of their own accord, without being pushy. I didn't detect the more smug attitude that I later found at the Hilton. Service was as good as anywhere I've stayed.

I also stayed at the Millenium Hilton on the same trip, and the Conrad eclipses it in every aspect.

Transport is good too. I came in using a shuttle bus from the airport. But the hotel is also walkable from Yeouido station, though it's a good 8 minutes or so through a mall, so might not be great with big bags. The IFC mall is ok, but with mainly upmarket brands, you might not find anything worth buying if you're more of a bargain hunter.

I will definitely be looking at the Conrad for any future visits to Seoul.

Room Tip: If you get a river view, it can be quite beautiful.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Suhaib F

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing this review. We are delighted to know that you had a very comfortable experience at our room and enjoyed our service and facilities.

We truly hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I had not realised that the hotel opened 10 days ago, and taxi drivers struggled to get me there as they were not aware.
Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was of decent size, and I enjoyed the swimming pool, nice and warm, and very spacious.

Bed was comfortable and you could sleep for days.

Are you allowed to take home those rubber duckies in the room?

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comment. The rubber duck is a gift for you!
We are very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay, and please keep well till we meet again.