“Great Location, Great Rooms, Great Value”

Aventree Hotel Jongno
Ranked #101 of 504 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel. The staff do not speak great English but still try and help you any way they can and are very polite. The rooms are a good size and the bathrooms also good and modern - better than many hotels in Europe I would pay twice the price than I did staying here. Overall is this was little for me to fault with this hotel as the location was also superb and pretty much perfect for a tourist visit to Seoul right near most areas of tourist interest - don't let that put you off, Seoul is not a tourist heavy city, I mean just the key sites are very close - and other sites can be reached on the metro which is very close to the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank globaltravellerMJ

Reviewed May 15, 2013

My stay at Hotel Aventree Jongno was by far the best accommodation during my trip to Korea. I enjoyed my stay so much that I re-booked at the hotel during the tail-end of my trip. The staff is very helpful and the rooms are clean and new.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank heads l
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This hotel is perfectly located. We were near some of the main hot spots of the city. Subway was also close. But nevertheless it was very quiet.
Rooms were clean and Wifi was working perfectly.
Breakfasts were good and offer you a large choice. But it was everyday exactly the same.
The staff was friendly and their english ok.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Spaceman_7811
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed here with my parents in March 2013. We shared a deluxe twin room that had one queen bed and one twin. The room isn't large but it is comfortable and clean. We really like that they gave you bottled water every day and the front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. The only small complaints are that there was only one chair in the room, so it wasn't easy to sit around unless you were on the beds. There wasn't also a lot of space to hang up or put away clothes. That being said we really liked the hotel and the location was amazing. We could walk to many of the tourist attractions and since the hotel is right off Insadong there were plenty of restaurants close by. I would absolutely stay here again!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mease8
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We booked a twin-room for 4 nights.

The front desk staff were very polite, friendly and helpful. They always tried their best to answer our questions. I have been to Seoul for seven times. Amongst the hotels I had lived, the Aventree front desk staff are the best of all.

We note that Aventree is a new hotel. However, when we first entered the room, we did not have this impression. The carpet seemed to be faded and dirty, with some stains on it, Maybe the housekeepers were not doing a good job on it. This's what it happened: one afternoon , we bought quite a lot of things from Insadong Street and decided to put them in the room before we went shopping again. At that time, the housekeeper should have cleaned our room - beds were made etc., but we still found hair scattering on the carpet when we first stepped inside.

At night, when all the lights were switched off, there were still 3 bright spots in the room: the blue light on the air-conditioner indicating switch-on mode (this is right on the top of my bed), the red light of the TV and the LCD screen showing the hotel rooms (this could be switched off but when we switched off all the lights, it was automatically on again). In view of these 3 bright spots, we decided to switch on the light of the toilet throughout the night so that the room wouldn't be so shiny at certain spots. We could then sleep better. Besides, there were two things we found inconvenient: one was the glass wall between the toilet and the bed, making no privacy at all; the other one was no higher wall to separate the area between the shower place and the floor while the shower curtain was not long enough. We had to be extremely careful not to spill water outside the shower curtain. We had to go to hair salons to wash our hair because it was not convenient to do so in the hotel room.

The location of the hotel is good, within walking distance to different kinds of restaurants, shopping centres and sightseeing spots.

I hope the Management should try to maintain the hotel in a good condition at this very beginning and not to waste the effort of those polite staff in the front desk.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was initially hesitant to book into Aventree as it seem quite a distant away from Myengdong. How wrong! Stayed 3 nights between 19-22 April, 2013. Room is modern, nice, clean and just large enough for 2 persons. Reception spoke good English. Places of interests (Insadong, Buckhon Hanok village, palaces, etc), restaurants are all within walking distant. Jonggak station is a mere 150m away.

I've stayed in 4 hotels in Seoul over a 2 week period. No hesitation to recommend any visitors to this hotel. Good value for money.

Room Tip: Any room will do, I think as windows are double-glazed, so no problem with street noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cantiksekali
Reviewed April 27, 2013

My family of five (3 adults, 2 kids) stayed for 5 nights in the Deluxe Triple Room last March 23-28. Children under 12 years stay free of charge when using existing beds.

Check-in was fast and reception personnel were kind as we arrived around 12 midnight. Room and bathroom were spacious and clean. Water pressure was sufficient. Hot water was readily available in the shower.

As our tour guide told us also, hotel was situated in a great location. Palaces are just a few blocks away. Subway station (Anguk) was just around the corner. A 7-Eleven store and Tea Oreum Café are found on the ground floor of the hotel.

Insadong shopping area is just at the back of the hotel. Stores at Insadong sell many souvenirs (shirts, bookmarks, pouches). There is another GS-25 convenience store at the corner of Insadong. T-money cards can be purchased at 7-Eleven or GS-25 and reloaded at subway stations. At the back of the hotel and before reaching Insadong, there is a great cafe called Hollywood cafe. They serve delicious food and offer friendly service to their customers. At one corner in Insadong, there a long line of customers waiting for hot and yummy rice cakes (1000won per rice cake).

Other places worth visiting are N Seoul Tower, Myeongdong Cathedral, Coex Mall, Coex Aquarium, Gangnam which are accesible via subway (T-Money card).

Tours worth taking are Nami Island and Mt. Seorak tours.

My husband stayed for 2 more nights to attend the Seoul Motor Show at Kintex last March 29. The motor show was definitely worth visiting. His standard single room was upgraded. Truly great service from the reception personnel.

The reception was also able to help him in getting a taxi for the airport at 4:30am. Staff are helpful and kind. We all enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family