“Exceeded expectations”

Aventree Hotel Jongno
Ranked #103 of 500 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 days. I liked its excellent location. All interesting attractions are near hotel. Subway staion is just in 2 minutes walking. There are many restaurants and shops around hotel. Room was very clean and quiet. Receptionists speak English and Chinese and they helped us to find good restaurants and take taxi. The only thing I didn't like was bathroom wall made from glass. It doesn't matter when you stay with your family but it's little inconvenient when you live with friends.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Yuckiko
bumttan, 매니저 at Aventree Hotel Jongno, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments on Tripadvisor.

Once more, if you could find our hotel, The truth that will provide the service.

Our hotel guests like a quiet and cozy.

Also close to tourist attractions close to the subway like your word is not inferior to the best hotel.

We will always think your hotel.

We will reach out to the service of the truth.

Please always healthy and happy.

gun woo, kim

There are newer reviews for Aventree Hotel Jongno

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

We took airport bus 6002 and had to walk ard 20min from bus stop as we were given inaccurate info at airport. For 1st timers, the nearest bus stop is outside YMCA, ard 10min walk to hotel. Check-in was fast and hassle free. We arrived at 10am and was offered complimentary early check in which we're really grateful. The room was small, with small bathtub, however was clean. Walls were cardboard thin and we could hear the bangs from next door which sometimes woke us up from slp. Hotel is very near Insadong, but I'd rather stay close to Myeongdong which had more shops and restaurants. Overall an average stay and I'd stay somewhere else next trip.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Kaltan
bumttan, 매니저 at Aventree Hotel Jongno, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments on Tripadvisor.

We will be trying to leave good memories Hotels.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

The location is good and it has convenience store at its ground floor. Just a walking distance to Insadong. Breakfast is good but not included in hotel room rate. Has many restaurants within the area. Cafe Hollywood, just behind the hotel is a good alternative for delicious food. The toilet seat is modern and kept warm.

Why sleeping is a challenge? I booked a deluxe double room. The location of the bed is right beneath the ceiling air conditioning unit. The unit's pivot light is directed to me while its vent is directed to my husband. Also, its remote control which was already changed by the hotel personnel just wouldn't respond and we had to make do with the pre-set temperature. There is LCD screen at the wall that flashes the different rooms of the hotel and it cannot be turned off. It brightens up the room all night long.

The size of the room is ok but the slim tv which is wall mounted was right at the foot of the bed. That narrows the space from bed to the wall and my arm frequently hit the tv.

The bed was situated at where the long wall decor was hanged. The decor's depth is bigger than that of the low headboard which made it very uncomfortable to be sitting at bed and do some readings.

Around Insadong, near the shopping center, I do a lot and he really
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Aventree Hotel again.

Inconveniences, I'm sorry to hear that you have.

If you once again for visiting will be rewarded with the best service.

It is always healthy and happy.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I feel bad not recommending this place because the staff were super-friendly but in our experience this place has way too many small annoyances that make it not worth the money. If it were a $50 a night hotel it might be alright, but at $150 a night they need to do better.

Firstly, the good. The location is excellent, the staff is friendly, and the breakfast in the restaurant was awesome.

However when we arrived our bed sheets were dirty and the bed had hair in it. This however was quickly resolved by the staff. From here though there were several small problems over our 3 night stay.

1. Every time you use the shower (even being careful and using the shower curtain) water somehow would run across the floor and actually pool out in the area where you leave your shoes!

2. The roof-mounted air conditioner made trickling water noises all through the night. You could also hear when people above(?) took their showers. I could also hear the couple in the room next to us even though they were just speaking at normal volume.

3. The inside of our closet door was covered in some kind of white powder (old cleaner?) that got onto our black clothes before we noticed. This was taken care of quickly by staff (and they even brought us free coffees to make up for it which was a very nice gesture).

4. For some strange reason the rooms have an LCD screen on the wall which is just a constant slideshow of pictures of other rooms...firstly, why would you want to see the interior of other rooms when you're already staying at the hotel?? And secondly it is very bright at night time when you are trying to sleep...it can be turned off BUT it automatically turns itself back on every time you go to the bathroom and turn the light on. Very annoying!

5. The toiled paper is mounted 'behind' the toilet and unless you're very flexible you're going to have to stand up and turn around to get any toilet paper...might be hard for older guests.

6. The beds were "okay" but each person only gets one pillow and you have to share one blanket. No extras provided in the room.

7. On one morning there was NO hot water to have a shower...not good at all in a hotel that costs $150 a night!

Overall we had a good trip and tried to ignore all of these small annoyances but we probably would not stay here again or recommend this place. I have stayed at several places in Seoul and I think you can do much better for that kind of money. Great staff but the rooms themselves have many problems/annoyances.

2  Thank drsOsaka_Japan

First, I apologize.

Once again, I'll fill in the if you could find a hotel has been lacking.

Rewarded with the best service, and is committed to.

That more effort does not settle for the current highs.

Thank you for your valuable opinion.

Through your valuable comments that more effort will

It is always healthy and happy.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Good location very close to main attractions and transportation. It's clean, but nothing special at all to be honest with you. They charge $16 for breakfast, most of them are hotel guests (foreigners), but they charge only $8 for lunch with way better selections, and lunch crowds are locals. I thought that was annoying. Small room with nice bathroom, good selections of tv programs. Very close to subways, but they don't have elevators at all, so if you have huge heavy bags or more than one bag, it's a hustle for airport transfer. It should take less than hour to airport, it ended up taking 90min. We took airport bus going and subway going back to airport. Bus is easier with huge bags but you have to pay good attention when they announce next stop because it's not that tourist friendly bus and it's really hard to understand when they're saying station names in english. If you take a bus, turn right where you came, if you turn left you'll never find this hotel, and you won't find help either. Subway is very easy, however it's not made for tourists with bags. (lots of stairs, long walk and narrow exit) Behind this hotel was insadong with cute stores and restaurants, very touristy, but they have english menus. we usually don't like to go to touristy place, but trust me..You can walk to many places from hotel, and that was nice , but I'll stay somewhere else if there is next time, recommend to especially single traveler with small carry on size bag.

1  Thank junechild
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Hi, I was a solo female traveller looking for a cheapish, comfortable safe, hotel. This hotel was perfect!
It was really close to the subway and a lot of the main attractions, Joygesea temple, insadong (spelling!). I just walked to all of them myself. The staff were helpful and could speak good English. For me, eating was a challenge as everything is in Korean. There is a BK close by and a McDonalds around the corner.
From the airport you can catch the train to Seoul Station and then use the subway to go to Joggak. For me as I was coming in late at night I decided to catch the train to Seoul Station and then taxi. If you do this, MAKE sure you have the name of the hotel in KOREAN. They don't understand English Korean. This was a huge problem for me as I had to jump out of one taxi, into another, with three Koreans arguing over it. I made it there eventually.

Room Tip: I liked my room, I had a view of the road, I was on floor 9
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
bumttan, 매니저 at Aventree Hotel Jongno, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Around Insadong, near the shopping center, I do a lot and he really

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Aventree Hotel again.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

We will try to make your accommodations more delightful and memorable on your next visit.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

PROS: FREE Wi-FI in room. Staff courteous and English speaking. Breakfast buffet very good ($16/ Person). Close to many sites of interest, 5 minutes walk to subway & Insadong shopping district with good choice of small and large restaurants. No tipping- not standard in Korea.
Standard rooms adequate in size, shower OK, towels OK.
CONS: Winter outside, but room was hot and did not respond to temperature controls: had to open window to cool room down. One hour from Incheon airport, $30-40 taxi ride (charge increases depending on # of people, $40-$60 for two people); airport shuttle bus lets you off fifteen minutes away.
LOVED Korean toilet with seat warmer and other novelties, made by “American Standard” but have never seen anything like it in the US! Also like the rope ladder kit by the window, provided as an emergency exit strategy.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family