“Yummy Mexican Food and Free Chips”

On The Border Sinchon
Ranked #8,757 of 122,671 Restaurants in Seoul
Cuisines: Mexican
Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
“Yummy Mexican Food and Free Chips”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We love going to OTB because the food is delicious and we get free chips and salsa. I am a big fan of the rice pilaf.

I give it 4 stars because they have some unfriendly staff. I swear I think I was given an Iced Coffee with lemon instead of an Iced Tea.

If you plan on coming often, get a loyalty card! You could get a 30% discount.

• Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Seoul
“Never Order a Steak in a mexican Restaurant”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Have eaten at this place before, and the Mexican food is quite good. This time however, I fell for the picture in the menu that showed a beautiful sirloin steak with Mexican rice and black beans. Looked delicious. What came was not the same. The meat was some kind of flank steak, tough as nails and full of gristle. Could not be eaten. I should have sent it back, but the waiting staff spoke little English, and it would have been a huge hassle. One of my table mates had the chicken quesadillas and it was fine. So the moral here is; don't order a steak in a Mexican restaurant, and don't believe the pictures in the menu! The burritos are good, but at $20 a pop, are far from a bargain. The same thing can be had in any USA food court (just as good) for five bucks. The margaritas are good and reasonably priced at about 8 bucks (8900 Won). Atmosphere is quite good with the Mexican music and surroundings. The prices are all high for the food as the restaurant is located in a very upscale shopping plaza (Times Square) and the rents must be sky high. Seems to be quite crowded despite the prices.

• Visited June 2013
Seoul, South Korea
“A couple of steps up from McD's”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The food is tasty and kind of what you expect from this kind of restaurant. But it is mass produced and there is no master chef putting this stuff together. The price is quite high but the portions are enormous. Having said all that, the margaritas are excellent!

• Visited March 2013
Kunming, China
“One of the Best Mexican Food Restaurants in Seoul”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My family loves to go to On the Border. My children love to eat the chips that come with the meal and the servers there are pretty good at bringing them out just as fast as my kids can pack them away. We have visited both the Sinchon and Coex restaurants and like them both about the same. My favorite item on the menu is the Carne Asada taco. My wife likes both the tacos and burritos there and my kids usually fill up on the chips and then portions of our meals. We have had the fajitas there before and they are great too. Things can get a bit pricey if you are there around dinner time and a lunch meal will run you anywhere from 10,000 to 20,000 won. They do have an "On The Border" club card that is available that gives you progressively greater discounts each time you use it, starting at 5% and going to 30% before you start over again with a new card. It makes the cost of meals there a little more affordable, especially if you have a large family like we do. The non-alcoholic margaritas are a tasty treat, but also a bit pricey so we allow ourselves to splurge for them on occasion. We live about an hour outside of Seoul, but we seem to make it to On The Border once every month or so. It is just that good that it deserves a trip, sometimes just for the sake of eating there alone. I am not sure if this is true all the time, but the last time I was in the restaurant at dinner time, I asked for a bag of chips and salsa to go and they gave it to me for free. I was going to buy some of their a la carte menu to take home to my wife, and was pleasantly surprised when the waitress said it was "service" and that I did not owe anything extra for it. I am almost 100% sure that this does not happen during lunch hours, as that is normally when we go there, but perhaps it is common practice during their dinner hours.

• Visited December 2012
Gothenburg
“Great mexican food in Korea”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

You can´t expect mexican food to be like it is in the US or in Mexico cause this is not Mexico but Korea. That being said, it´s great. Good food, spicy salsa and friendly staff. The drinks are weak but tasty. I was here twice in a week. The menu is big with lots of alternatives.

• Visited October 2012