“No go there”
Review of Crib 49 Guesthouse

Crib 49 Guesthouse
Ranked #136 of 958 Seoul B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 22, 2014

check in and above water drooling. Wet room no good. Slope to it is so very high and no good, everyday carry heavy bags up after shopping is so hard .there are many other hotel to stay nearby. Speak Chinese good.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank wei3321567
Crib49Guesthouse, Owner at Crib 49 Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Hello Wei,
We apologize for the inconvenience with leaking water.
We are always pleased to hear your comments and try our best.
Thank you so much for staying with us and hope to host you again with better service.

There are newer reviews for Crib 49 Guesthouse

Reviewed December 14, 2013

It is my first time going to Seoul Korea, with my friend. We not good English speaking but they help us. And very best staff and approachable when need something. or ask something. Boss also help us but difficult location.

我的朋友安妮和我住在这家宾馆了一个星期。Our room is 103 beside the main guest house. It is okay. Food, surrounding but not the slope. Very high and tiring if you carry big bags. Happy for helpful staff. Christne carry our bags with the 12 steps stairway until to our room. room is good, clean and big. she ask for our needs and assist us. So not to walk again to go to the main kitchen. Provide water,plates,cups and extra towel and pillow. Boss is nice and help us transportation and more. they speak english well. and try to understand us. Thank you

为业主,您的招待所就足够完美的,如果它位于一个漂亮的地..有许多不错或很好的区域在首尔。而如今,有许多新的旅馆靠近你与平原的土地,舒适的道路。而房价是一样的。我的朋友也认为,很多客人会更喜欢那种一家酒店,他们会留下的素质。我们想在你的地方温暖的人,但我们想花我们的钱的地方后,一整天参观我们不会走累了。

但我们真的爱你的员工和服务。感谢您成为我们难忘的访问的一部分 at KOREA. See you again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The staff are very efficient and approachable. Many necessities and breakfast are provided. The place and room are clean and tidy. The view at the rooftop is nice! Location wise is very convenient and accessible to transportation and convenience store.
Overall the stay is great!
Would go back there again.
However there is a minor con of that area is have to climb quite a few steep slope to get there.
But if you are on diet, I'm sure the climbing of slopes will help you burn the calories that you gain.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank LithiumSodium
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Good location at Myeong-dong. Futon tatami style of sleeping. Rooms are clean. The slope to the guesthouse is steep at certain location.

Try the famous Namsan Pork Cutlet, very near about 3 mins walk.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Chimera08
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This was a great find for this part of Seoul.
Location made for easy access in and about - even with the gentle hill climb to Crib 49.
Rooms basic and yet with everything, very clean and quiet.
Hosts were excellent and plenty of good advise and help.
It is a basic budget travelers location with everything one would need and certainly exceeded expectations. Very realistically priced.
So many options within easy walking distance or subway easy to access and travel around.

Room Tip: Some shared bathroom facilities which worked surprisingly well otherwise select an en suite.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My friend & I stayed here for 8 nights until 19 oct 2013. Everything is great except the slope or the hill which is really steep / quite high..good for exercise & for your heart though..hehhehhe

Our room is spacious..the futon is really comfortable..it's clean..they have every basic thing budget traveler like us need such as microwave, washing machine & oths..near my favourite shopping area which is myeongdong...& really near to Namsan cable car station...you just can walk to the cable car station from the guest house..

they also provide free breakfast..the have bread, jam, tea & toaster..

Mr Kooik & Kristine was really friendly & helpful..thanks to Mr Kooik recommendation to the Cacaogreen cafe in Myeongdong, I get to taste the best hot chocolate that I ever taste..heheheh

Being here is such a wonderful experience & memory...i'm surely gonna miss this place & the people there...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I had a great first impression of Crib49 when communicating with Kristine over email about my booking. Very friendly, prompt and helpful. Due to tyhoon Usagi, my connecting flight was cancelled so I had to arrive a day late. They assured me my room will be available and did not charge me for that night I missed.

The rooms were clean and really comfortable, and the bathroom had really strong hot showers. Do note the hill is really quite steep, so it will be a daily exercise to climb up. The location was awesome, cross the main road and you are at the myeongdong shopping belt. I stayed at 201A and 201B. A is our fave.

Most importantly, Kooik, Mild and Kristine were so helpful and hospitable.Made me feel I was staying at a friend's house. If you want to eat where the locals do and avoid all the tourist traps, be sure to ask Kooik.

My first trip to Seoul was great, but it was even greater to make new friends at Crib49.

• Stayed: September 2013