“Traditional stay near the Palaces”

Yoo's Family Guesthouses Byeolhadang
Ranked #232 of 958 Seoul B&B and Inns
Singapore
“Traditional stay near the Palaces”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

The hanok experience was great and the hosts, Mr & Deborah Yoo were accommodative! Our request to add one more person from an online booking was not put through and they were surprised to welcome one more person. However, they were great in trying to get us bigger rooms between their two branches. They were helpful till the end as they helped to get us a taxi to the airport ahead of time as we had to leave very early in the morning. Mr Yoo surprised us when he came to help us load our luggage into the taxi. Great personal service! The other great thing about staying here is that it is very near the palaces and we didn't have to spend on transport to move around much. Insadong and other attractions are also very near. A good place to come back to, in future.

Room Tip: Western foreigners and big sized people may like to opt for the family room. The other rooms are cos...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Iligan City, Philippines
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I chose this guesthouse because I wanted to experience traditional Korean way of sleeping on the ondol & it was more than I expected. I didn't think it would be that comfortable but I slept like a baby even on my first night! The breakfast was also fine with bread & some fruit spread,instant noodles, cereals, milk, coffee & green tea which was self service available at 7:30-9:30. Free wifi was also available but I wasn't able to connect to the internet in spite of the strong wifi signal, but they let me use their office computer to use the internet which was good. The people there are very friendly & helpful & attentive to your needs. They even went out of their way to meet the taxi I was in when the driver had difficulty finding their place upon my arrival & also helped me with my luggage as I went down to the subway upon check-out.
The place is clean & quiet & most of all it's very near to Seoul's many attractions. The Changdeokgung palace, Changyeonggung Palace, Insadong, Jongmyo Shrine & Jogyesa temple are just nearby. It's also near to the metro's Anguk station which connects to all of Seoul & the airports. Really great value for money! I would definitely go back there & recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Amethyst59
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We liked this (hanok style) guesthouse very much. It is beautifull and quiet. Rooms are basic, with a thin mattress on the floor, but it is clean, not expensive (for Seoul), quiet, with very friendly and helpfull staff and laundry service for free. Do not expect luxury, but it is nice!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LindaLeiden
Pasig, Rizal, Philippines
Reviewed July 14, 2012

My friend and I had a great hanok experience at Yoo's Home.Stayed there for 1 day just to get a good traditional hanok experience. Read good and bad reviews, but I read a review that she took the "risk" and the risk turned out to be a good one. So we also went and took the "risk", and I'm glad to say the risk turned out to be great!

Location is excellent since Yoo's Home is very near Changdeokgung Palace and Changgyeonggung Palace. Got to see the "2 branches" of Yoo's Home.We stayed at Byeolhadang, and it's better than Yeorumjip. Byeolhadang is bigger, more spacious than Yeorumjip which is crampy.Yeorimjip not recommended especially if you are the typical Caucasian built and height.

Byeolhadang I read was just renovated, and when I see the place it looks so nice! We stayed at Happiness Room which has it's own bathroom and flat TV.The room's pictures in their website looks like it's big and I got worried because it might be too big, but the actual room is around 5x4 meters, which is still okay.

Yoo's Home provide free breakfast --> just a simple coffee, bread, jam, cereal with milk. Which is not bad since i'm not a big breakfast eater.

The couple owners are very nice and accommodating like we are really guests in their "own home." i recommend this stay if you like a traditional Hanok experience.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms in Byeolhadang. it's "more expensive" than Yeorumjip but i tell you B...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends