“Homey and clean!”
Review of Four Seasons House

Four Seasons House
Ranked #146 of 608 Specialty Lodging in Seoul
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

This guesthouse is a perfect choice to stay for young traveller in Seoul since the guesthouse is located in Hongdae. The house is very homey and comfortable and clean. The owner is superrrr kind and will help you with anything. I'd love to stay here again if I visit Seoul again!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I was a little held back when I found out my wife booked this place for part of our stay in Korea since I'm used to staying at traditional hotels but after staying here, I really like it and actually think it's more fun staying here than our crowded little hotel room especially for the kids. The room is clean, comfortable and so roomy that our 4 and 7 year old daughters were able to play and run around. It is in a nice quiet area close to the subway and good restaurants. We ate at a good Korea BBQ restaurant that we walked to around the corner. There are 2 convenient stores within steps from the building. The building manager Alex provides excellent service and he is fluent in English which is a huge plus since English is the only common language for us. There are 3 living rooms and a cool breakfast bar with a nice view of the outside. Buttered bread and peanut butter & jelly sandwich breakfast is included. Maybe I haven't had one in a while but that PB&J sandwich was so good. They also offer a winter tour traveling to different ski & snowboard resorts in Korea. As a skiing and snowboarding family, we will definitely consider that for a future trip. No doubt we will return when we make our way back to Korea.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Chang J
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Four seasons house is suitable for backpackers as well as traveling with family. The facilities is adequate and the environment is clean. There is not much noise and the decoration is warmest. My friends and I was very happy during our staying and we surely will come back to Four Seasons House when we go to Korea in future.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Myself, my wife and two kids (aged 6 and 3) are staying in the Eco room on the 2nd floor, there is a double bed, a single bed and a mattress on the heated wooden floor. Four Seasons House is very clean and of great value. Bathroom/Showers are shared (altho quite cramped for North American standards, they are functional). We were greeted by Kate, then met owner Annie on the 2nd day. They are all nice and helpful people. I would highly recommend this guesthouse to everyone on a budget and not expecting hotel quality. Free Wifi is provided to keep you connected. Bread, juice, water are provided in the morning (self-help). Location is about 10 min walk from Hongik University station, accessible by the "general train" (do not take the express train) from Incheon Airport (about 40 min ride), with no transfers required. The train was very inexpensive, approximately KRW4500 or CAD$5 per person. Kids under 6 travel free. Area is safe and there are a couple of corner convenience stores. There are several Korean restaurants in the area. Annie referred us to a Korean BBQ in the corner. We had 2 Galbi, 1 Bulgogi, 1 soup, 3 bowls of rice and 1 beer for dinner. The food was of great quality and real fair price (KRW34000 or CAD$35). If we visit Seoul again, we will definitely consider returning to Four Seasons House.

Room Tip: We are in the Eco room on the 2nd floor. Walk up stairs only. A fan and a window is in the room, No...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Fred Y
Reviewed March 4, 2014

By far one of the best guesthouse that I have been in. The staff is super friendly and helpful. Place is very clean and extremely comfortable. Highly recommend this place to any visitors of Seoul. Thanks Alex and Julie.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank thomas t
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I leave near Seoul and was just looking for somewhere cheap to spend the night when I found the Four Seasons House. I made a reservation through Agoda for a room with a double bed for $28 which I didn't think was bad at all. When we arrived, there seemed to have been some mix up as they were quite confused my my wife's name, Amanda, and an Samantha that had reserved their only room with a double bed. They were still able to give us a room with two single beds which, though it wasn't what we had reserved, was the same price on Agoda and served the purpose we needed it for. However, because of the confusion, I cannot give five stars.

The house itself was very nice, very clean, and we had no issues with our stay. The rooms were all cold when we arrived but they heated up nicely. (Talking to the gentleman we checked out with in the morning we found they had a large group coming that evening and there were supposed to be no rooms rented out, and no listings on Agoda, as that group had booked the entire house). The breakfast was simple but a good boost to start the day - juice, toast with jam, PB, or butter, and egg would usually be available but were not due to the house being practically closed for the inbound group. The bathrooms were typical Asian showers which I am not a fan of but which I tolerate for the lower price of a guest house.

Other than the confusion when we first arrived, I have nothing bad to say about Four Seasons House. If we are looking to spend a night on Seoul in the future I would certainly take another room here as the price is very affordable, it is a short walk from the subway, and then owners are very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KeithK906
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Hi,everyone . I am Helen from Hong Kong. I am a K-pop fan ,and this is my four times to go to Korea.It was my first time to stay in Four Season House ,and I was so glad and lucky to be there.Four Season House give me well arrangement and help me solve the problems,so that I was so relieved before I started my trip.
After I arrived in there,I found that all the staffs are so kind and helpful . When I ask for any information ,they always anwered me clearly and considerately.Besides, there has steadily connected wifi , this is great for me to whatsapp and upload pictures in facebook . Also, I found that there was many restaurant is nearby Four Season House,it is convenient to get some food before you start your day .If I go to Korea next time ,I am sure I will stay in Four Season House
again !Hope you enjoy my review and have fun in Korea

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel