“Very Friendly and Well Priced”
Review of Four Seasons House

Four Seasons House
Ranked #146 of 587 Specialty Lodging in Seoul
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I leave near Seoul and was just looking for somewhere cheap to spend the night when I found the Four Seasons House. I made a reservation through Agoda for a room with a double bed for $28 which I didn't think was bad at all. When we arrived, there seemed to have been some mix up as they were quite confused my my wife's name, Amanda, and an Samantha that had reserved their only room with a double bed. They were still able to give us a room with two single beds which, though it wasn't what we had reserved, was the same price on Agoda and served the purpose we needed it for. However, because of the confusion, I cannot give five stars.

The house itself was very nice, very clean, and we had no issues with our stay. The rooms were all cold when we arrived but they heated up nicely. (Talking to the gentleman we checked out with in the morning we found they had a large group coming that evening and there were supposed to be no rooms rented out, and no listings on Agoda, as that group had booked the entire house). The breakfast was simple but a good boost to start the day - juice, toast with jam, PB, or butter, and egg would usually be available but were not due to the house being practically closed for the inbound group. The bathrooms were typical Asian showers which I am not a fan of but which I tolerate for the lower price of a guest house.

Other than the confusion when we first arrived, I have nothing bad to say about Four Seasons House. If we are looking to spend a night on Seoul in the future I would certainly take another room here as the price is very affordable, it is a short walk from the subway, and then owners are very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KeithK906

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Hi,everyone . I am Helen from Hong Kong. I am a K-pop fan ,and this is my four times to go to Korea.It was my first time to stay in Four Season House ,and I was so glad and lucky to be there.Four Season House give me well arrangement and help me solve the problems,so that I was so relieved before I started my trip.
After I arrived in there,I found that all the staffs are so kind and helpful . When I ask for any information ,they always anwered me clearly and considerately.Besides, there has steadily connected wifi , this is great for me to whatsapp and upload pictures in facebook . Also, I found that there was many restaurant is nearby Four Season House,it is convenient to get some food before you start your day .If I go to Korea next time ,I am sure I will stay in Four Season House
again !Hope you enjoy my review and have fun in Korea

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed December 18, 2013

A friend sent us the link of four season house after knowing that we planned to visit South Korea in mid November. Through email communication, we were able to book the room for 2 adult and 2 young kids, as well as the local tours.
The service was impressive. We were greeted by Julie with a file with ample information in her hand during our weekend check-in. Our room brought "wow" from our sons' mouth when they spotted Pororo on their blanket, pillow covers and mattress sheet.
The tour that arranged including the entertaining Fantastic show, a city tour with English spoken tour guide, Nami Island, 2D1N Jeju Island, and some free and easy trips on our own foot. Alex, the guesthouse manager was very helpful to attend to our needs. Furthermore, the kids also had a great time with Annie's 2 adorable kids as part of the cultural program while the parents were enjoying Annie's delicious kimchi pancake. Although there was language barrier, the kids were playing, full of laughter.
It is a great guesthouse to opt for if you are traveling with small kids or would like to have a cosy stay in Seoul. We would consider staying again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This guesthouse provides its guests with a warm, cozy feel once he or she steps into the guesthouse, with customized services for the guest (Based on my experience), depending on the situations in the guesthouse. The distance from the guesthouse to the Subway Station (Hongik and Hapjeong) though considerable, is not too far away to render it unaccessible though.

I arrived at the guesthouse on 31st July 2013, around afternoon, having booked the 'Autumn room' (6 beds with no air con). Upon arriving there, the guesthouse manager(Alex) helped me move my luggage into the guesthouse, without me requesting for help. Due to the fact that the 'Friend' room was not occupied in that immediate moment, Alex asked me if I wanted to change from my air-con-less room to the air-conditioned room (Friend room) on his own initiation, without any prompting. He will also chat and mingle around with the guests, to make them feel mre at home and relaxed with the new surroundings.

Staff was also patient and helpful in assisting me by pointing out how to go to places i wanted to go OUTSIDE Seoul (Suwon, in my case) and where to change subway lines etc.

Breakfast was provided as well in the morning, with water being readily available inside the guesthouse in the refrigerator. The serenity of the guesthouse's immediate surrounding was also appealing to me as well.

The staff made every effort to make my stay a pleasant one, from checking in to out, while taking into consideration the requirements of the guests, allowing VERY late check out for me as i had to return my key later than usual as I was somewhere else and not back till evening.

Howevr, the guesthouse only accepts payment via cash, so potential guests would have to have cold, hard cash handy to pay for your stay (Based on my experience)

Overall, though ,this guesthouse was worth its high ratings and I would definitely consider staying there again if I am in Seoul! :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Weixiang1990
Alexvicc, 매니저 at Four Seasons House, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Hi Leow,

Thank you very much for sharing your great feedback. Your comments are greatly appreciated, and we are really happy to hear that you have a good time with us.
Did you buy cosmetics for your sister?

For the payment, we are taking credit card payment as well.
As I remember, you moved to another guest house right after our house.
I think you must be mistaking us for another guest house. haha

Anyway, I hope we can meet next year again ~!!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

This guesthouse provides you with a warm cozy setting and comfortable atmosphere. The hosts are so friendly that would make you feel like home. They try their best to provide everything you need. For example, they gave us some necessary travel information about skiing and helped to plan a day tour to Daemyeong Resort for us. They also responded to our enquiries quickly. Actually we planned the ski day trip just two days before, and yet the staff managed to provide us with a feasible proposal efficiently! <3

The location of the house is convenient because it is near Hapjeong Station and Hongdae Station. Walking to Hongdae Central district is just 10minutes so it is very convenient to both shopping and dining. Especially, you can travel from the airport to Hongdae directly using the Airport Railway.

For the rate of the accommodation, we thought it is reasonable and affordable.

This house also provides basic facilities, like hair dryer, fridge and also heat. Yet, we thought that it would be much better if water purifier is placed on bedrooms floor. Thankfully, the host kindly provided us with a coffee pot and some cold water in the fridge after listening to our enquiry :)))

We stayed in this house for 12 nights and were very satisfied with this guesthouse and we will definitely recommend it to our friends. Four Season House would be a very favourable choice that you can choose in Seoul!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank doremicindymc
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Even though the Guesthouse is a little far away from the Subway stations (Considering that there are luggages), the place is comfortable and the staff is really friendly and helpful in answering all my queries, before and during the trip.

The staff also assisted my group of friends in renting a car in Jeju at a lower cost and a budget ski trip in Pyeongchang.

Breakfast and Towels are provided.

I will definitely go back and stay there if I return to Seoul!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Despite the single negative review provided by another user, my experience was the entire opposite although I'm not sure why.
Perhaps I should start with a minor grouse before elaborating on the largely positive experience. The hostel is located quite a walk away from the closest station at Hongik or Hapjeong on line no.2. (About 700m) It's situated across the side of the road where all the liveliness and happenings of Hongdae occur, so the walk to the hostel can be rather quiet and the street in is not lined with many shops where people would visit.
Apart from its location being tucked away, and based on the hostel itself, everything's more than decent. The place is relatively new, in fact it was only 9 months old at the time I was bunking in in late December 2012. The people who run the hostel are especially hospitable, helpful and they speak really good English. If you need any help from them or suggestions at least one of them would be around the hostel. Breakfast is provided every morning, earliest around 8.30am, free flow of bread/toast/coffee/tea/juice. The hostel is generally cosy and there really isn't much to complain about at such an affordable price of about 20,000 won per night.

Room Tip: Sound travels through the thin walls quite easily so it can get a little noisy at times. Ondol room...